Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
The following teams have either dropped off or picked it up over the past two years for a variety of reasons. There are different reasons for different schools, but here goes...

Teams that have significantly DROPPED OFF:

Ridge View
Daniel
Summerville
Westside
Southside Christian
JL Mann
Dorman

Teams that have significantly PICKED IT UP:

St. James
Academic Magnet
Pendleton
Hillcrest
Brashier Middle College (Undefeated and Unranked????)

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Most teams in the upstate are down talent wise on the girls side...

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Also girl teams that have dropped off are Mauldin, Riverside, Wando, Hillcrest,Wren etc...

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Also girl teams that have dropped off are Mauldin, Riverside, Wando, Hillcrest,Wren etc...

You must be bored today- whatever???

You are wanting to get the pot really stirred up now.

Whatevvver!!!!!!!!!!!

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Hard to say that Riverside or Wando have dropped off. Both have been in the top 4 all year long.

Mauldin seems to have a lost half a step. The 2-0 loss to TL Hanna is a changing of the guard in that rivalry. It may be TL Hanna's first win in school history over the Mauldin girls, but I don't have stats from the 90s to verify.

Wren is as good as they've ever been. Top 10 in AAAA, and on pace to tie or set their win total as a AAAA school. Burriss has his team playing as well now as at any point in the past decade.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

Whatevvver!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure. keeps blood flowing. If I can help one person its all worth it. hillcrest is the same team for the last 3 years. Competitive team with one strong player. They will have the same outcome as previous years. So i can't put them on the upward swing. Here is a prediction. They will be on the down swing next year.

Last edited by whatever; 04/24/12 11:17 AM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Whatevvver!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure. keeps blood flowing. If I can help one person its all worth it. hillcrest is the same team for the last 3 years. Competitive team with one strong player. They will have the same outcome as previous years. So i can't put them on the upward swing. Here is a prediction. They will be on the down swing next year.

You really went out on a limb with that one.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
whatever seems to respond to a lot of JL Mann posts. The JL Mann coach used to have an email address that had "whatever" as part of the address. Is there any correlation here?

Hillcrest may be a "competitive team with one strong player" as whatever states, but so are a lot of other teams. And true, those teams may drop off when the strong player graduates, or they may have another strong player (or more) coming up through the jv ranks. So whatever's prediction is difficult to make unless he/she knows what the feeder system for Hillcrest has coming up.

H
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
H
Having been involved with Hillcrest soccer for the past six years, I would say that we are a "competitive team with one great, not strong, player". I will also say that the overall talent level has really increased over the years. Next year we will miss DeVita tremendously, but we will have enough girls returning along with the incoming freshmen to keep us playing at a high level. After all there are 11 girls on the field at a time not just one.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Well said coach! You are a class act and Hillcrest is very lucky to have you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard