Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Import #156891 05/02/12 08:19 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
How is this "cheating"? The only team it hurts in the team that did it in the long run...but maybe not. If it makes it so they have a better chance of making it further in the playoffs, why not do it? This is real life people...you can't tell me that if you had two choices to go from A to D, and there wasn't a good chance of A-B working, but A-C might work...you would do the A-C route every time if you come out ahead.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Import #156892 05/03/12 12:58 PM
C
Cav Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
C
Hurst, I'll do it. One independent person with no ties what so ever.

signed
Roger Godell

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
In my opinion (which that and .50 will still get you a coke out of the machine), the coaching staff needs no defense in this situation. If you are a coach and look at Airports situation, you would jockey your team for the same situation. If you have no chance of winning the region, then why not do what is best for your team, and for your athletic department finances. The way I see it, going to Camden (close), Bluffton (far), BC (close) - based on most likely scenario, is far better than any other situation in the bracket (not to mention other reasons too!). Having been in that region before and returning next year, I remember one year we had to go to Bluffton in the first round, then Hilton head in the 3rd...cost our program $1300-$1400 in mileage (in a program that is very poor anyway). I might have managed the game a little differently. However, I believe the coaches were not looking at the way it was perceived, but simply providing their team the best strategy in a complete picture...congrats to the lady eagles and BC for another stellar year! Those ladies play well!

Goal
Goal
Some of the posts in this thread show cause for more moderation of this board. Baseless accusations are flying all over the place with someone heard this and someone said that with ZERO proof of what was actually said. I find it interesting that Airport's coach chose the high road and stayed out of the discussion all together. Only he knows the truth and can testify to it.

We have freedom of speech, but maybe some responsibility should be exercised with it.

Now...I'll await the usual attacks via sarcastic remarks in 3...2...1

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Some of the posts in this thread show cause for more moderation of this board. Baseless accusations are flying all over the place with someone heard this and someone said that with ZERO proof of what was actually said. I find it interesting that Airport's coach chose the high road and stayed out of the discussion all together. Only he knows the truth and can testify to it.

We have freedom of speech, but maybe some responsibility should be exercised with it.

Friend,

Is there any doubt about something strange happenning here? If a ball was not intentionally "tossed" into a net, and I was being accused of manufacturing it, I'd be all over these boards defending myself!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Friend,

Is there any doubt about something strange happenning here? If a ball was not intentionally "tossed" into a net, and I was being accused of manufacturing it, I'd be all over these boards defending myself!

There is always doubt.

Again, until the coach says exactly what happened, we really don't have the full story, do we.

Maybe the coach doesn't feel the need to defend himself on a message board. What would be the point?

let's pretend that he came on here and explained the story. The sharks would be all over him about that's not what really happened, you're lying, you're a this and that kind of coach, etc. Nothing would be done about the comments and everyone knows that if you post something on the internet, it's permanent.

So, again, what good would it serve for him to explain his actions assuming the outcomes of the reactions?

world cup
world cup
I'm not asking him to come on here and defend himself, I would stay clear of these boards as well.

But to say that we can't jump to any conclusions is just not right. We've had confirmation from more than one source that something out of the norm went down here. How big a deal it is, or whether it was morally right or wrong.....I'm not going to judge.

But something happened. Tree did fall in the woods. Someone was there. It made a sound.

Now, let's just move on and talk about the playoffs.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Quote:

I'm not asking him to come on here and defend himself, I would stay clear of these boards as well.

But to say that we can't jump to any conclusions is just not right. We've had confirmation from more than one source that something out of the norm went down here. How big a deal it is, or whether it was morally right or wrong.....I'm not going to judge.

But something happened. Tree did fall in the woods. Someone was there. It made a sound.

Now, let's just move on and talk about the playoffs.

I'll say this and then be done...jumping to the wrong conclusions is never right.

BTW, I thought this thread DID have something to do with the playoffs

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard