Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15725 03/23/04 02:07 AM
C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
Big region V 3a match tommorow night at 7 30 at Memorial stadium! Anyone have any predictions or compliments on either team??

#15726 03/23/04 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ac Flora will win...

#15727 03/24/04 06:25 PM
Goal
Goal
It appears #19 was wrong. Can anyone give a recap?

Should be a good one on Friday at "The Cage" between Dreher and B-C. Winner takes first place in region.

#15728 03/24/04 07:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im allowed to hope...

#15729 03/25/04 03:12 AM
C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
Cola Fan: First of all a well played match by both sqauds. BC strikes first early on in the first half. Halftime score was 1-0 despite some good oportunities by AC Flora. Coming out of halftime BC puts one more in the back of the net making it 2-0. AC Flora comes back and slides one in with 8 minutes left in the game. With an excellent play on the other end of the field BC puts it away with one more. Although 3-1 was still a close match.

#15730 03/25/04 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you forgot the slew of yellow cards and the TWO technical red cards on the BC players. The lesson being that if you are desparate to hold a lead, red(two yellows) cards no longer cause your team to play down a man. This is a bad rule.

#15731 03/25/04 01:27 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Is there any suspension rules for technical Red cards or straight Red cards?

#15732 03/25/04 02:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah.. can't play the next game. But that doesn't do much for the offended team. that is if they haven't changed that as well.

#15733 03/25/04 02:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, a double yellow is a warning and the player or players must fill out a form fort the SCHSL. The next ejection though is a minimum 2 week suspension. This is according to the SCHSL directors. It is looked at on an individual basis. If the offense is an extreme or gross misconduct then they would serve a suspension, but that wouldn't be the case with a yellow card or double yellow.

I hope this helps.

#15734 03/25/04 02:50 PM
coach
coach
When ref shows a yellow with a red (meaning that the player received 2 yellows during the game) it is a suspension for at least the next game.

#15735 03/25/04 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker,

I had 2 players recieve double yellows and both were allowed to play in the next games. This is only my experience and I don't think SCHSL has a set rule on the issue. I believe they take it one infraction at a time.

#15736 03/25/04 03:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a guy with 2 yellows play the next game. It is just a way of going around the system I guess, cause 2 yellows would be a red, just isn't one, so let them play until they see that darker color card come out.

#15737 03/25/04 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems to me that SCHSL shouldn't be messing with the rules. Everywhere else is two yellows=1 red.
off the field you play down a man and sit out the next game. Games get too hot as it is and players need to know if they don't play fairly there are consequences.

#15738 03/25/04 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in my experince with the rule it is that a striaght red is at least the next game out and the league looks at when you can return.

#15739 03/25/04 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#15740 03/25/04 10:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better yet.... no nonsense about technical reds

http://www.soccerhelp.com/Soccer_Tips_Dictionary_Terms_C.shtml#cards

#15741 03/25/04 10:27 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Mr. Peterson, what part do you think is trivial in this explanation?

Red Card - A player must be shown a Red Card and "sent off" (i.e., made to leave the field) for the seven offenses listed below. A player shown a "Red Card" and sent off may not be replaced during that game (i.e., his team must play a player "short" for the rest of the game; however, in some leagues a player may be replaced if he is ejected for receiving a second Yellow Card) .

#15742 03/25/04 10:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ouch. But I still don't like the change, and frankly I was suprised by it. Tell me how it improves the game.

#15743 03/27/04 05:31 AM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
The real question is:
Why does SCHSL adopt that exception??

The standard has been a red card play down a man.
Why and when was it change or was it always that way.

#15744 03/27/04 05:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone post a link to the SCHSL rules. I can't seem to find them.

#15745 03/26/04 06:58 PM
World Cup
World Cup
To my knowledge, this is what SCHSL Soccer Liaison, Roger Hazel, uses to judge infractions.

SCHSL SOCCER PENALTY CHART STATEMENT

The following Soccer Penalty Chart was adopted in 1998 by the South Carolina High School Soccer Coaches Association and approved by the South Carolina High School League. The following was approved at the 2001 July Soccer Coaches meeting in Greenville as an Amendment to the Penalty Chart.

The change of the Technical Red Card (Two Yellow Cards) and creating a Category C Offense

Will read as follows:

OFFENSES

Category A Offense -- Must be a RED CARD
Fighting, attempting to strike
Foul, Vulgar, Abusive Language or Gestures
Spitting at others

Category B Offense
Any straight RED CARD not mentioned above

Category C Offense
Technical RED CARD (Two Yellow Cards)

PUNISHMENTS

First Offense
Category A -- Next two game suspension
Category B -- Next game suspension
Category C -- Warning

Second Offense
Category A -- Player ineligible
Category B -- Next two game suspension
Category C -- Next game suspension

Third Offense
Category B -- Player ineligible
Category C -- Next two game suspension

Fourth Offense
Category C -- Player ineligible

DISSENT IS A YELLOW CARD OFFENSE

#15746 03/26/04 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i believe that the SCHSSCA votes of these things. So tell your coach who ever he/she is to get more involved if you don't like the way things are going.

On a side note How did it effect the game?

#15747 03/26/04 07:03 PM
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Kyle and others,

While the above posted was true two years ago, I think that that it has been refined a bit and final discretion is left to the HSL and Roger Hazel.

I think the reason for this came from the fact that when this was posted, that folks (coaches, parents, players) were using this chart as the end-all-and-be-all, whereas the final decisions are made by the HSL.

Just my $.02 and level of understanding, which I must admit is minimal at certain times! [Razz]

#15748 03/26/04 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin,

You are correct. SCHSL has the final say. I had 2 players with tecnical reds and the paperwork from SCHSL stated the next Technical reds would result in a minimum 2 week suspension.

#15749 03/26/04 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pete.. Won't speculate on how it affected the game. But as a parent I'd say we would have won.
lol.. Just a bit confused as to how the penalties were arrived at. Which now makes sense.

#15750 03/26/04 07:58 PM
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Moondoggy - In fairness, the cards were a bit unjust to begin with. One was the result of "juggling" the soccer ball while waiting on a player to come up for a long throw-in. The official viewed this as delaying the game.

The other was after the third and decisive goal in which the B-C player had a comment directed at him and he simply replied "nice goal keeper". Although I don't condone it, a red card is a bit harsh for that when I've heard f-bombs and other harsh language be used and sometimes not even result in a card of any color.

Also one of the officials, of whom I have great respect, was put in a difficult position because of his partner which quite frankly would have difficult officiating a U10 match, muchless a high intensity region battle. I have already expressed my concerns with the league and area assignor, but when the guy falls down twice (and rolls) trying to keep up with the play, it speaks volumes about his ability to officiate.

A.C. Flora played a quality game and it will be a good rematch in April I'm sure. Good luck.

#15751 03/26/04 08:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin... the officiating in a lot of games isn't what it could be.. I wasn't making any judgement weather the cards should or should not have been given. And it's a good thing that parents can't hear most of what is said on the pitch. It was an exciting game, you guys fought hard as did Flora. I guess the difference in club and HS treatment of cards was what I wasn't sure of.

#15752 03/27/04 05:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the coach at A.C. Flora and you're right Pete, I don't like the way things are going. My team is 4-7 and I'm involved. As for the suspensions, I'll leave that up to the HSL. They're better at deciphering their rules than I and my time can be spent trying to better prepare my team. I get no particular thrill in facing any team that is not at 100% due to players lost to cards of any sort.

I'm very proud of Region V-AAA; the quality of play, and our rivalries. I consider Kevin and Richard my friends and really enjoy competing against both BC and Dreher. They are quite aware of the respect that I have for them and their respective programs.

I spent 25 years as a high school official before turning to coaching just 5 years ago (3 as girls coach at White Knoll). It's a thankless position and one I'm happier without. I disagree with my share of calls from my side of the touch line, but you know what, I get over it. I do my best to get that over to my team as well. I figure that if I keep my doorstep clean, the energy needed to peruse the HSL rules concerning cards and their penalties can be better spent with my team.

This match is in the books, BC 3 - ACF 1. I'm looking forward to Tuesday's match with Dreher. I hope we're at our best and I hope the same for Dreher. That's the way we want to do it in Region V.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard