Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Wando vs South Aiken in the second round? Good grief! Also, I know that Hillcrest and Boiling Springs are having good years but that matchup probably does not happen if we seeded the upperstate 1-16.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
I'll give you one more example. If I had lost my last two games to Laurens on purpose I could have avoided JL Mann and gone to Northwestern instead. Now, I haven't seen Northwestern play but I sure have seen Mann and their record is a little better than Northwestern's. I would never lose on purpose and I think it is safe to say I would still be a huge underdog to Northwestern but I think you see where I am coming from here.

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Wando vs South Aiken in the second round? Good grief! Also, I know that Hillcrest and Boiling Springs are having good years but that matchup probably does not happen if we seeded the upperstate 1-16.

If we were seeded 1-16 BS would not be in the play offs at all, but some how Region 2 has 4 of the 8 left, I think.

We have beaten NW the last 5 times we have played them, and Wren the only two times we have played them. The region you play in matters. Would have gotten Sparky this year if we did not have to play them with 10 for 2/3 of the game.

Just saying.

bench
bench
Why good grief to Wando S. Aiken?, and I DON'T see where you are coming from with any of this. With the exception of the Northwestern/Hillcrest bracket, the second round features #1 & #2's facing off against each other. It makes no sense to tank games as you can never be exactly sure who you will get to face in the playoffs. As YOU can see by the Northwestern/Boiling Springs match being a #1 doesn't get you an automatic pass to the 2nd round Since you haven't seen NW play then I wouldn't assume that you would have fared any better than you did last night. That is why you play the games. After everything is all said and done, seedings mean NOTHING...You either bring it or you go home. Your team, Northwestern, and all the other teams not moving on just didn't have what it took to move on. Thats not a slight, it is what it is. I'm disappointed CJ in that you are an insightful straight shooter on the message board and for you to basically (imo) disrespect another team for them not moving on and thinking you would have gone on farther in the playoffs if you we're in a differnt spot sounds like sour grapes..Worry about things you DO have control over, like your team and not all the other BS.

The only way is all the way!
I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Why good grief to Wando S. Aiken?, and I DON'T see where you are coming from with any of this. With the exception of the Northwestern/Hillcrest bracket, the second round features #1 & #2's facing off against each other. It makes no sense to tank games as you can never be exactly sure who you will get to face in the playoffs. As YOU can see by the Northwestern/Boiling Springs match being a #1 doesn't get you an automatic pass to the 2nd round Since you haven't seen NW play then I wouldn't assume that you would have fared any better than you did last night. That is why you play the games. After everything is all said and done, seedings mean NOTHING...You either bring it or you go home. Your team, Northwestern, and all the other teams not moving on just didn't have what it took to move on. Thats not a slight, it is what it is. I'm disappointed CJ in that you are an insightful straight shooter on the message board and for you to basically (imo) disrespect another team for them not moving on and thinking you would have gone on farther in the playoffs if you we're in a differnt spot sounds like sour grapes..Worry about things you DO have control over, like your team and not all the other BS.

I really agree. No matter which way you line this stuff up, their will be match ups you can point to and say... If we did it this way it would be better. This is an endless debate.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
hey Manu.fan. You dumba-- You are punishing good teams by making them play each other in the early rounds. Hanna could have been in trouble if Mann happened to get all players back for playoffs. Northwestern region is pitiful. Why should Riverside have easier first round than Hanna or Boiling Springs have easier first round than Mann. If you can't seed them at least pair up the stronger conference with weaker conference in first round. But if you live by the theory you have to beat them sooner than later than it doesn't matter. In Wando's case ; you have the two best teams in the lower state playing each other in the second round. If you can't see a problem with that than we can't help you.

Last edited by whatever; 05/08/12 10:07 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
i agree. for either of wando/s. aiken to be done wed night while lesser teams move on is probably not the point of playoffs in general.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Uh, guys I think I may have confused you by mixing boys and girls play. My first post was about girls' teams. I made a second post about MY team which is now boys not girls at Hanna. My team is a .500 team about to play the #2 team in the state (JL Mann boys) and I was saying that if I had lost to Laurens twice I would have gotten to play Northwestern instead of Mann. Both teams are better than mine but Mann is really having a good year...no disrespect to either of them. Also, I did not do it I was just saying that it is ridiculous that the current region seeding system puts you in those kind of situations.

I
goal
goal
I
Who beat Duke in the NCAA? what seed were they? was that open seeding? Open seeding is not perfect either. Endless debate.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
I am not sure of your point. Yes the NCAA tournament is an open seeded draw (with automatic bids added so that mid-majors don't sue) and yes you get upsets. But you did not see two potential final four teams play in the round of 32 like you are going to see tomorrow night with Wando/S. Aiken.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard