Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Riverside vs Spring Valley
Wando vs South Aiken
Mauldin vs Irmo

6 of the Top 8, 4A's playing 2nd Round???

Whatevvver??

S
bench
bench
S
I honestly do not see what all the fuss is about. These teams would have had to play each other eventually. It does not really matter if you get eliminated in the 2nd Round or the Lower State Championships. No body will remember whether you lose early or late.

Soccer. Soccer Everywhere.
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

I honestly do not see what all the fuss is about. These teams would have had to play each other eventually. It does not really matter if you get eliminated in the 2nd Round or the Lower State Championships. No body will remember whether you lose early or late.

redistribution of wealth, thanks obama

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Pussification of America. The players will remember they got screwed which is a good lead in to real life; so I guess it all works out for the good. Next year will have Kansas and kentucky play in the first round of the ncaa's since it doesn't matter. Lets have Riverside and Mauldin go ahead in play in the first round next year and get that out of the way.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
It's important due to the TV ratings and all the money ESPN throws at SC High School soccer. They prefer to have the higher seeds from the larger markets play as many games as possible.

Especially in the SC Super Soccer Bowl on May 18.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

hey Manu.fan. You dumba-- Northwestern region is pitiful.

Bulletin board material.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

hey Manu.fan. You dumba-- Northwestern region is pitiful.

Bulletin board material.

My bad. (Need to be more politically correct and compassionate.) Northwestern's conference is struggling to find an identity this year.

bench
bench
The simple fact of the matter is this. Sooner or later these teams will have to play each other. Even if a lesser opponent goes further into the playoffs than another "more deserving" team it changes nothing. Again I reiterate, you either bring it or you go home. If the team your pulling for whether it be a #1 or #5 seed can beat everyone that they are playing then who of us has the right to say it isn't fair. As an example, if Boiling Springs or any other undeserving team (this is how "I'M" taking this thread) can beat everyone they play against then how is that unfair? We root for the underdog or "Cinderella" teams in the NCAA tournament but not here. What we all should want is for the games to played and officiated well and no injuries. The rest will sort itself out.
Finally, in regards to whatever and his statement. You don't know me nor do I wish to know you. Your comment towards me and then your "PC" correction are insulting. To say that the conference is struggling tells me you are not from around here and do not know what your talking about. Sad to see that one cannot get ones point across without trying to demean another persons OPINION by using insults. To me your nickname says it all "whatever".

The only way is all the way!
H
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
H
Hillcrest has ben caught on both sides of this issue the last three years. This year the brackets have worked in our favor. We have a 50/50 chance to make to the final eight. The last two years we would have had a better chance to advance if teams were seeded. Instesd of playing a region champ. we probably would have played a second place team.

I feel seeding may not be perfect but you do get a better chance of having the top teams go futher in the playoffs. The only modification i would make to seeding is that you could not play a team from your region in the first round. I think its more fun for the girls to play someone different.

I
goal
goal
I
I think the thread is about "best" teams meeting in the brackets too early. Which persons get to decide which teams deserve a higher = easier, slot? I assume it will be the same people who pick all state this and that award. Everyone on here complains about those as well. Look at the AAA all region stuff on the other thread.

Endless debate.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard