Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
B
brace
brace
B
Geography has NOTHING to do with it. Which school administration and athletic administration supports soccer? Which school has the right coach? Which school attracts a soccer clientele?

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Backscreen17, you seem to know a lot about high school, club, youth soccer, etc. What's your background? Can you give some examples of the "soccer clientele" programs?

lvrpul seems to have an agenda (let me know what it is when someone figures it out)!

M
brace
brace
M
Lunceford's written request to be released from USC was granted by Coach Berson on 12/21. Transferring to in-state rival Clemson required a 'year in residence' pursuant to the terms set forth by USC resulting in eligibility in the Spring of 2013 for three remaining years of play. The NCAA allows team training during the 'year in residence' period.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

lvrpul seems to have an agenda (let me know what it is when someone figures it out)!

Mostly Eastside. That should be focus as they do have a good program and a very good coach. The focus should be there, not on bashing the rest of the state.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
If SA and Mann get through, think the SCHSL change the refs from the year they GAVE Mann a ring?

L
kick off
kick off
L
Quote:

Geography has NOTHING to do with it. Which school administration and athletic administration supports soccer? Which school has the right coach? Which school attracts a soccer clientele?

OK how can I say this without sounding insensitive "Are you stupid or did you mother drop you on your head?" I will give you 1 point for what school supports soccer. Students/Players cannot arbitrarily change school to join a team (I don't know any kids that have that much sway over mom and dad either.) Geography; is a huge factor in HS sports look at Summerville and the split up with Ashley Ridge & Ft Dorchester, Irmo with Chapin long time ago and Dutch Fork, Spring Valley with Ridgeview and Blythwood. As areas grow new schools are built and population shifts How long will it be before West Ashley and Wando face these issues, good question. Just look at Northwestern and the Rock Hill area and track the sprawl

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Better recheck your sources again on why he left and as for your local boys BC has never ever ever won a state title in soccer BTW I am from the upstate - you know the area that continually dominates 3A soccer

Achmed's source plays for USC, so unless Lvrpul heard it from Berson himself you are dealing with pure rumors and your sources are questionable.
Achmed loves his Bearcats and knows the quality of his team and program. No one can take that away from them. Especially not a inarticulate person of no substance.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
B
brace
brace
B
Thanks, GOT2. Class always shows.
The question isn't about individual districts splitting up; it's about geographic regions (Lowcountry, Midlands, Upstate, etc.) dominating any given year or set of years in a given classification. A region OBVIOUSLY encompasses multiple schools of differing enrollments.
My point is, like ALL high school sports, these things run in cycles, and are often MORE contingent on high school and club-level coaching, which is a matter of individual competence, not geography, and can change at any time.
You cite the Summerville example. And sure, if there were no Fort D or AR, Summerville might have 8,000 students and win title after title. Then again, since Fort D sheared off, Summerville has won state titles in (among other things) boys basketball. Why? Because it had a well-coached, athletic, tight, motivated group of kids who JUST HAPPENED to be in one place at one time. That's how state titles are won.
So, here, grab a clue! They're free for one day only to small-minded people.

kick off
kick off
Bar are you really going to bring up that talk again? The same one from what seems like the past 2 years. You either being from SA or Chapin lost so just stop complaining. The refs had nothing to do with it. Mann just never stopped playing and SA did.
J.L. Mann 2010 Playoffs

Woodmont 14-0
Blue Ridge 5-1
A.C. Flora 4-0
Eastside 5-1
South Aiken 2-0
State Championship Stats
Shots: SA(4) Mann(17)
Saves: SA(6) Mann(1)
Corners: SA(0) Mann(4)
Maybe the refs did help mann score 30 goals and only give up 2 in playoffs. Or maybe the refs did help Mann out shoot SA by 13, but lets be honest probably not. The best team won and it shows by stats.

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
L
kick off
kick off
L
Backscreen, If I use your example then Northwestern should have never won anything, again they are in a greographical region that benefited from being close to Charlotte. and yet we don't hear what a super club program they have in the area unlike CESA or MT Pleasant. I have never seen a kid take to the HS fields and wow them that hasn't played some form of club. Coaching can take it another step, but I have seen it take very talented teams (players) and not only hold them back but take them backwards. Give me an example of a player that has so much sway over their parents on where they will live for HS soccer, or a HS that recruited a player to be playing for them as opposed to where they are at (legally)! Some schools are lucky enough to field a full team, and yet the idea of tryouts can be a joke for some, when Wando has an enrollment of over 2700 student you can be picky about 1900 for West Ashley about 2700 for Northwestern. Yes the Summerville's still compete and sometimes win it all in some sports, but as an area grows they will find that they will be broken up within the district. The districs make up a region kinda like a puzzle get it! So if your point is things run in cycles say so, and like Old Gal asked give me an example of "a soccer clientele" programs? I'm sure if someone tracked economic growth to HS soccer within some time window a corrolation would be found! BUT HEY! it not that hard it just friggin HS Soccer, and besides IT JUST FOR THE KIDS!!!!! don't get hung up on it!

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard