Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

The gifted goals for Eastside and then JL Mann in the finals were what did it for Mann. I dont see them having such an easy time against Chapin, and Aiken's defense looked unbeatable with that many shots and no goals. I normally cheer for the upperstate, but if they rematch, I hope SA runs them

Dont get into the ref debate - thanks to refs SA was handed the title against Eastside in 2009 - Eastsides best player given a very questionable red card in upper state and was unable to compete in state giving the lower state its first 3A championship since 1988

B
brace
brace
B
GOT2: Let me try it this way. In the last decade, we've had Class AAAA boys state champions from multiple regions. Why? Because "dominance" is player/program-driven ... NOT regional.
This year, if J.L. Mann wins it, or Wando wins it, it won't mean one region or the other is superior. It will mean that one very good team beat another ... nothing more, nothing less.

M
bench
bench
M
Well put backscreen

Goal
Goal
Got to see the Blackville/Governor's School game. Governor's School will get obliterated by St. Joseph's. Glad to see Christ Church get a vacation this year. GS's forward was getting frustrated b/c he wasn't able to score and their defense has 1 maybe 2 good players. This may be a Title Game where a mercy rule may be needed.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

Got to see the Blackville/Governor's School game. Governor's School will get obliterated by St. Joseph's. Glad to see Christ Church get a vacation this year. GS's forward was getting frustrated b/c he wasn't able to score and their defense has 1 maybe 2 good players. This may be a Title Game where a mercy rule may be needed.

Hopefully without offending more than I already do, feel the title game was last night between St. J and CC. With Burnikel back, this even makes St. Joe's even more powerful! St. Joe's would give any team in the state a match!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Yea credit to GS for having a great season and making it to the state finals. It has to be tough with basically a rotating roster at that school. But after seeing St. Joes at the Mauldin Cup this season, I agree, it may be over quickly.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

The State Championship in 1A is just a consolation prize for winner of St.Joes and Christ Church. If they did statewide seedings St joes and CC would be in the finals - They will struggle to keep from scoring double digits in the first half

Goal
Goal
Quote:

The State Championship in 1A is just a consolation prize for winner of St.Joes and Christ Church. If they did statewide seedings St joes and CC would be in the finals - They will struggle to keep from scoring double digits in the first half

I agree. I wish that the St. Joes/Christ Church game was the title game. But like I saw in another topic, it just takes one game. Still, from what I've seen of G.S. and what I've heard of St. Joes, G.S. will be one of the easiest games St. Joes will play.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard