Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
OK, here is a topic for pure trash talk. Go for it, see who you can insult and get really angry! At least we won't interrupt those that want to just look at the scores!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
N
bench
bench
N
All I have to say is Lexington is looking good. I honestly think they are gonna get another upset. They no doubt have the potential to beat Wando. They did it once, they can do it again. And your an idiot.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Quote:

All I have to say is Lexington is looking good. I honestly think they are gonna get another upset. They no doubt have the potential to beat Wando. They did it once, they can do it again. And your an idiot.

You make yourself look like an idiot when you use the wrong version of your/you're to call somebody else an idiot.

N
bench
bench
N
I didn't realize this was English class? Wait a minute it's not, is that honestly the only way you can talk crap? Make fun of my grammar. You are such a toad

G
kick off
kick off
G
Quote:

I didn't realize this was English class? Wait a minute it's not, is that honestly the only way you can talk crap? Make fun of my grammar. You are such a toad

Just having a little fun. (Your second sentence really should be two, and you should have a period at the end of the last sentence, or maybe an exclamation point if you really mean it.)
If you want to talk soccer, you're right about Lexington. The Wildcats are 4-10 against teams seeded No. 1 or No. 2 in the playoffs, including wins against Irmo and Wando. They can play with anybody when they're on their game. They just haven't been on their game as often as they should be.

N
bench
bench
N
Well your a straight bean!(how was that?) If the Lexington players come out they can beat any team in the state no doubt. They dominated summerville and can play with the best.

kick off
kick off
*you're...not your

Romans 1:16 -- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...
N
bench
bench
N
At least the other guy was some what original. You are a saucy toad, and an even bigger bean.

corner kick
corner kick
Ahhhh....just like the good ol' days

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
J
kick off
kick off
J
So who is taking the 4A upper state/lower state title,,,, state title? My prediction- Mauldin vs S Aiken ... S Aiken winning

N
bench
bench
N
Ahh the good ol' days?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Ahh the good ol' days?

Achmed been known to talk a little smack.

kick off
kick off
Soooo Wando is definately gonna win 4A. Irmo's prime is over

N
bench
bench
N
Yea I'm not to sure about that. Lexington has beat Wando along with ashley ridge and bishop england. Lexington will beat Wando Tommorow. And irmo is still a great team

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
James Gray to save the day
Riverside 3
Spring Valley 1

S
throw in
throw in
S
Why is Lexington looking good? I understand that they beat Irmo but didn't Irmo have the better of that game and Irmo was still in a rut from palmetto cup. Their entire attitude will change for playoffs. And yeah they beat, but Wando 12 of Wando players had just played against the Columbus Crew (#2 academy team in the country). In my opinion not that good. But, we will see tonight. I think Wando owes them one.

N
bench
bench
N
Those academy players still played, they just didn't play the whole game. And Irmo didn't have the better of the game. It was an even game all the way through until Lexington scored

C
Goal
Goal
C
Hamilton Carlin didn't play. He's playing now. Wando wins!

N
bench
bench
N
One player doesn't make a team. If you were'nt on Wando's nuts you you might see that a lengthy ginger doesn't win games

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
somewhat....not "some what"

J
kick off
kick off
J
Mauldin vs Irmo?

B
kick off
kick off
B
I don't think Mauldin has enough intensity to make it to the upperstate final.

T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

I don't think Mauldin has enough intensity to make it to the upperstate final.

I agree. Too clubbish to beat a determined Irmo team.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
I think the Dutch Fork-JL Mann game is going to be a good one tonight. I think DF has a good chance of beat Mann...what do you guys think?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
throw in
throw in
S
Naugsoccer22, why so anti Wando?

T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
Wando will beat Lexington by multiple goals.

corner kick
corner kick
FINALLY!! A little smack talk!

**Achmed can definitely talk smack!
**"lengthy ginger"=funny
**Wando has more pieces to their puzzle than one player. Hard to pick against them.
**Carlin scores goals and he's proven he can do it when it matters most.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

One player doesn't make a team. If you were'nt on Wando's nuts you you might see that a lengthy ginger doesn't win games

True, but one player can have a hugh impact on a game, ask Irmo.

goal
goal

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
GOD DERN JULIUS CAESAR BUST OUT HERE!!!! THEY WON'T BE HERE THIS WEEK OR NEXT!!!!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
corner kick
corner kick
Holy Crap!!!! Here we go
BC vs Socastee
Similar Records. But BC seems to have had the tougher schedule (opponents have better record ).
Scores against common teams. This is a wash...no defined pattern. BC tied MB, Soc loss twice to MB.
Inconsistence:
SOC: Beats N.M.B, but gets drilled by N.M.B later. A win and Loss against 14-11 Bylthewood
BC: Loss to Heathwood Hall.

Achmed not seen Socastee this year. BC defense solid, GK solid, midfield solid, strikers young but midfield general keeps them where they need to be.

If neutral field - I would have to go with BC.
BC on home filed...gotta go strong with BC.
BC 3 - SOC 1

Achmed has spoken

bench
bench
My picks for tonight:

4A - Greenwood, Mann, Wren, Irmo / SA, FD, Wando, AR
3A - Walhalla, FM, Seneca, Eastside / BC, NMB, MB, HHI
2A - Gilbert, Newberry, Emerald, IL / AM, Barnwell, Waccamaw, BE
1A - SJ, RSM, Dixie, CC / BH, BE, Hardeeville, GS

You can find me at the Mann/DF game tonight!

goal
goal

I'm going to the Lex/Wando game dressed in this!

M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

Be careful what you say Carlin has proven himself a goal scorer. Wando against Lexington tonight will be a good game to watch.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
OOOOHH NOOOOO!!

JACKSON, SAMUEL L. YOU NEED TO GET DOWN TO THE FRIENDLY STAFF AT MAYO'S FOR A NEW WARDROBE!

goal
goal

You shop there you are fo sho to end up like this! I don't roll like that!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
EY MAN THAT SUIT GOT OUTLAWED IN NC THIS WEEK!!!

IMMA BE AT THAT RB STALL VS BARNWELL GAME TONIGHT DOWN IN N. CHUCK!!!

PROBABLY BE SOME YOUNG TENDERLOINS OUT SO I GOT MY OUTFIT LAID OUT ON THE BED ALREADY!

goal
goal

Bump some of this Based while you're headed over there!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
IM MORE OF A BIG BEAR AND TONY TEE FAN MYSELF

TIME TO GET PHYSICAL REALLY HELPS ME AND MY HOMEBOI TYRELL GET DOWN IN THE GYM TOGETHER!

goal
goal

I'm bumpin this Isley Jasper Isley! The tenderloins like this stuff! Good soul music!

S
Brace
Brace
S
4A

I Don't think DF's defense is strong enough for Mann so I have to go with them, although I'll be pulling for Woodward and co. on the road.

Mauldin doesn't have enough for Irmo. I think Lexington is playing well. Wando is Wando....

3A

I'll be at BC/Socastee tonight, I think it is about as even as you could ask right now. Like I said earlier, if BC goes to State in 3A they will have earned it for sure.

Midfield Edge =BC
Attacking Edge=BC
Defensive Edge=Socastee
Goalkeeper Edge=Socastee

I like a 1 goal game either way but have to give BC the edge for being at home. That being said, I don't believe a 57 yard wide pitch hurts Socastee at all.

I heard Jason Mueller at NMB is sending spies tonight Bahaha

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I HEAR YA MAN...WHEN I'M IN THE MOOD FOR SOMETHING SLOW LIKE THAT I JUST PUT ON MY BOI KEN.

goal
goal

My boys from Stall play that old school No Limit the Barwell coach will be Tebowing within 25 minutes!! Lets go Stall!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
MAN STALL GONNA MAKE BARNWELL WISH THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND COULD GO WATCH GAMES INSTEAD!!!

COACH HOLBROOK GOT THOSE BOYS COACHED UP RIGHT!!! I'LL BE THERE FOR SURE!!!

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Hasnt BC got knocked out of the play-offs at home the past 3-4 years? BC being at home doesnt seem to change much.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Hasnt BC got knocked out of the play-offs at home the past 3-4 years? BC being at home doesnt seem to change much.

Home, Home at the Cage....it matters.

2011 – Lost Away
2010 – Won at home, won at home, won at home, lost at home for lower-state
2009 – Won at home, won away, lost at home
2008 – Won at home, Won at home, Won away, lost away

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Besides that, we know where the IEDs are!!!!

M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

Quote:

Carlin wasnt available when Wando played Lexington in February, so they dont really know what he can do. Plus if they double team him, that still leaves the top goal scorer Jablonski, and another kid with a lot of goals Hunter Danna wide open. I've seen some crazy Wando games this year. You don't leave those two unmarked or they will get the goals. I predict a Wando 2-1 win over Lexington. Goals by Carlin and Jablonski gets the game winner. Will it happen, idk, just a prediciton.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
So 2 out of 4 years? Losing at home? 50% getting knocked out at home for the Bearcats. Which means the same for the visitors changes of winning. Granted it does seem to happen in a later round than this one.

G
bench
bench
G
My math comes up with a 6-2 record at Home for the Playoffs. But it ain't rocket surgery.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
In terms solely of where BC ends their playoff run is equal home and away.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

In terms solely of where BC ends their playoff run is equal home and away.

dat don't make no sense!!!!

If you play more home games then the likelyhood of ending your play-offs at home are greater.

So if we had 100 playoff games, and BC won 99 but lost the last one at home, you would say "see, BC gets knocked out at home 100% of the time"

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Ok. Then when BC plays a playoff game against a good team at home. They lose. In the past 3 years or so

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Ok. Then when BC plays a playoff game against a good team at home. They lose. In the past 3 years or so

Looks like we got us a learning disablitly here????

Here is something you may understand. In the past 4 years BC has not lost at home in the 2nd round. How's that?

S
bench
bench
S
Wow, I dont know if I watch a soccer game or not but if Brookland Cayce goes on the road, game over... Hard fought match, home field advantage included the REFS, poor job by the officials, half the game include long throw ins, maybe B/C recruited refs, I don't know, great game

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

Quote:

Be careful what you say Carlin has proven himself a goal scorer. Wando against Lexington tonight will be a good game to watch.

Carlin with 2 goals.

J
kick off
kick off
J
Irmo 5, Mauldin 0... Wow who scored all of those goals?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Anyone know what time the games saturday are?

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Quote:

Anyone know what time the games saturday are?

You can play whenever. I know Irmo @ Clover is at 1 due to Clover having prom.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
So, what is this that I hear that there were red cards thrown at the DF Mann game? Anybody know what went down?

kick off
kick off
A player from Mann was on a break away and a DF player grabbed his jersey and flung him around to the ground and a player from the mann bench ran over and the player that ran over and also the Df player were given red cards

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
S
kick off
kick off
S
The referee was in total favor of JL Mann. There were two incidents where JL Mann players grabbed a DF player from behind and threw in on the ground and where they shouldered a Df player when out of bounce. The referee clearly saw it. Then the ref give Df a dissent card when Mann cried the complete game about calls. Because the two fouls were really called, the red card really should have been a yellow card. And not to include the referee didn't even have a badge on. There were many incidents where there was pushing and almost fighting and the referees did nothing to control the game. Absolutely poor. Disappointment on who decided the referee because he did truly lose the momentum and possibly the game for DF. And no, I'm not a DF nor Mann supporter, just coming from a neutral standpoint.

Last edited by SCSOCCER3; 05/11/12 03:47 AM.
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

The referee was in total favor of JL Mann. There were two incidents where JL Mann players grabbed a DF player from behind and threw in on the ground and where they shouldered a Df player when out of bounce. The referee clearly saw it. Then the ref give Df a dissent card when Mann cried the complete game about calls. Because the two fouls were really called, the red card really should have been a yellow card. And not to include the referee didn't even have a badge on. There were many incidents where there was pushing and almost fighting and the referees did nothing to control the game. Absolutely poor. Disappointment on who decided the referee because he did truly lose the momentum and possibly the game for DF. And no, I'm not a DF nor Mann supporter, just coming from a neutral standpoint.

can't believe thats the edited version

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

can't believe thats the edited version

someone should be saving these literary masterpieces

J
throw in
throw in
J
Eastside v South Pointe

Well played game by all. The fans were great, dueling the entire night. This is how soccer should be.

Long game, even the ref cramped.

kick off
kick off
So if your team looses then it's the referee's fault it they win it's a team effort. Yes there are some good referee's out there and some not so good. We all complain about the bad one's but rarely say anything about the good ones. Let's take into account a few things.

High School has rules
USSF has Laws

High School has been modifying there rules to move closer to the USSF Laws which is a good thing but needs more work for sure.

The size of the fields and conditions of the fields are poor at best for soccer!
Example drains grates on the field, little to no grass, holes everywhere, and they are crowned not flat. This is not every field but covers most of them.

Most of the referee’s don’t referee for a full time job.

So why does one decide to become a referee? Read the article below.

Look at the facts. We are an endangered species. More than half million of us worldwide; dying out like dinosaurs of a bygone age. Our demise is largely due to our own folly for we suffer the cruelty of human nature from the very people we help add sunshine into dull lives. We put up with insults, abuse, threats and assaults. We are spat upon, ridiculed, shot at, and sometimes murdered.

Trained experts in our field, we are the targets for the masses who protest, contest, accuse us of corruption, racism, being pawns of the mafia, power crazy despots, and worse.

No, we are not politicians. We are soccer referees.

According to verbal taunts from the touchlines we are the lowest form of human existence, illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents, fair game for insults and humiliation. Surely no intelligent person would want to be so despised by fellow citizens. So, why do we do it? Can we be so dumb? Are we all nuts?

Who are we? Doctors, engineers, teachers, lawyers, scientists, experts in our chosen occupations that demand personal commitment, study, hard work, formal training and responsibility. All require effective management and communication skills. Experience of life, maturity and integrity are other qualities evident whenever referees meet.

These are intelligent and successful people, hardly compatible with the “mental defectives” targeted by moronic verbal missiles launched from touchlines.

At pro-level they are also the most visible officials. The real heroes are the thousands of solitary guardians of discipline at grassroots level who have little chance of reaching the top. Such men and women, who devote a large slice of their lives in a referee’s role, contribute an invaluable service to the community. So, why aren't we loved?

New recruits to refereeing soccer games face a steep learning curve. The rule book only scratches the surface of a real game; played at speed with tough physical contact between competing athletes. It delegates responsibilities and supreme powers to the referee. He is a complete judicial system on legs. He detects the crime, makes the arrest, deliberates as the jury, announces the verdict, passes sentence as the judge, and carries out execution – all in a split second – hundreds of times in 90 minutes. Some task!

With this job description a soccer referee needs the ability to think fast on his feet; make quality judgements and correct decisions in emotionally charged situations; plus streetwise wisdom to apply justice with tact and diplomacy. Hard experience of officiating many games at various levels hones the desired qualities for disciplined and fair interpretation of the rules of play on the field.

Reflecting on my own commitment to soccer, the questions flow. Why did I choose to officiate as a referee? Why have I exposed myself for years to the ever present atmosphere of grudging acceptance; to ridicule and humiliation; bearing the incessant verbal, and sometimes physical, abuse of players and fans; enduring the minimum of facilities, washing in buckets of icy water on a bleak winter's day?

Why have I devoted an important part of my life trying for perfection as an arbiter; working hard to achieve a good level of fitness; accepting the inconvenience of time away from home and career? Why? What was the purpose?

Why do others indulge in a hobby where we blow whistles and wave tiny colored flags. Are they nuts, too? Is it for the money? How many have made a million as a soccer referee?

Common answers include “I do it for the love of the game.” “I want to give something back.” “I enjoy being involved.”

For me it goes deeper than that. Yes, a major attraction was to be active inside the play, the next best thing to actually kicking the ball. I was part of the theater of sport, playing a role which was positive and satisfying.

But, I realize now that, during 25 years serving as an official on the field, I was hoping for a dream to come true - a dream where every soccer match is played to the highest ideals of fair play: where the players, guided by moral and physical disciplines written into wise rules, combine individual skills in an athletic ballet of spectacular movement and color; where they express emotions of excitement and joy for themselves and for those who watch.

I wanted to relive all of those wonderful moments of elation I felt as a boy with a ball at my feet.

In reality, every cynical foul, every attempt to cheat, every act of disrespect for the game and its disciplines, spoiled that dream; felt like a knife in my flesh, drawing blood and staining my vision of the purity of sport. I know that dream was naïve but, together with fellow referees, I tried to limit the degradation of a healthy sport by thoughtless players and fans who do not share my degree of passion.

Although my dream has rarely been realized I look back on my years as an active referee with satisfaction. I learned much about myself; about latent convictions; accepted responsibilities and developed attributes that served me well through life. In my own country, and many others in the six confederations of FIFA, I learned much about people and feel privileged to have met, and shared my love of a special sport, with a unique brotherhood of honest men and women from all walks of life.

An endangered species we might be but we’ll never be extinct. We can never be replaced by robots, which could possibly impose the rules of play by computers. But without human heart judgement and streetwise justice our sport would become an arid emotional desert.

Referees will continue to rock on an emotional see-saw, one day ready to pack it all in, and then feeling an irresistible surge of adrenalin before the next match. It is an obsession which yields more satisfaction than frustration.

After this heart searching and mental agonizing I ask myself the final question, "Would you do it again?" Without hesitation I get the stupid answer "YES, SIR!"

OK, so I'm nuts, too!

So I challenge you if you don't like what the referee is or is not doing and you feel you can do a better job then I invite you to join the bunch of nuts you are complaining about and then your eyes will see things from a different point of view. Will all the call be right NO will all the call be wrong NO but if you don't know the Laws of the game or the rules then learn them and come join us on the pitch.

Cheers

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
I like that nukeworker...so, how is the VC Summer plant today?

B
brace
brace
B
Streetwise justice? SCHSL officials? You are kidding, right?

B
brace
brace
B
Besides, any idiot can memorize a rulebook. That's NOT the problem. The problem is a shortage of proven, level-headed officials who have the anticipation, fitness and work ethic to keep up with 18-year-old sprinters making 70-yard runs, combined with above-average judgment in dealing with overheated adolescents, some of whom are coaches. Thankfully, the problem is mitigated (somewhat) at this time of the year by an ever-decreasing slate of games. The only problem is the slots filled by those "old hands" who are surviving on seniority and reputation alone. And they know who they are.

S
kick off
kick off
S
@nukeworker, I didn't read the complete article so my mistake if I contradict something or whatever. But by your statement, I take it you were not at the game. Again, I was not in favor of any team but when a referee fails to give a card or better yet, a FOUL when somebody is tossed and shouldered out of play, there is a problem. When I see players hitting each other for no reason, there is a problem When players complained the entire game and the card was given to the team that barely talks, there is a problem. When the referee doesn't even have a certifaction badge on, there is a problem. This referee had no idea what he was doing. When the third and fifth team go at it in state, a referee with experience needs to ref. Not a 24 year old. It's simple. Piss poor

S
kick off
kick off
S
I'm all for a physical game but some need to learn how to control the game.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
YA BETTA KNOW THE SCHOOL SONG OR THAT'S 10 DAYS SUSPENSION EACH!

B
brace
brace
B
While I agree, a referee SHOULD be able to control a match, the ultimate controlling factor SHOULD be the coach. He/she should discourage dirty, unsportsmanlike play; recognize potential problems and substitute accordingly; and generally defuse negative situations.
Many coaches don't. They lose their "s**t" as quickly as the kids, and model poor behavior.

kick off
kick off
James great and Backscreen17 you are right on target and SCSOCCER3 you to are right but at the end of the day until we have some type of promotion type of system where the HS referee's are mentored and assessed by a qualified assessor then you gonna have those type of matches. Now with that being said even a good referee has a bad game from time to time. So I invite you to come be apart of the crew and help make a positive change for the better of the game.

B
kick off
kick off
B
From what i saw of last nights game DFs forwards and midfielders grabbed the jerseys of Manns players much more frequently. And the incident where the red card was pulled was a good choice. Referees aren't perfect, but the DF player slung the Mann player on the ground after the call. So he deserved the red card.

goal kick
goal kick
Northwestern will beat JL Mann. Mann has no passion or work ethic. They're just a bunch of individual players, not a team.
You shall see!

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
S
kick off
kick off
S
@ Fabregas, No, JL Mann will dominate Northwestern. DF beat NW in the year when Df was just becoming a team. Mann easily played better than DF last night.

@Blazer, I take it your a JL Mann fan or your an absolute tard. The slinging to the ground was the foul and the red card, not after the play. Helps to pay attention. I don't know what game you were watching, but the captain, John Cajka, who should show great leadership was whining the whole time. The complete JL Mann team was grabbing and pushing at first. As a high school boy, of course the DF team will begin to start grabbing.

Wait, Wait, Wait, My mistake, Yes... DF was grabbing jerseys more.

BUT JL Mann was the one that were PUSHING, GRABBING, BITCHING, FLIPPING.

Your right, DF were holding onto jersey, but apparently now it's alright to take players out without playing the ball.

Last edited by SCSOCCER3; 05/12/12 12:27 AM.
M
bench
bench
M
JL Mann shall dominate the game.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

@ Fabregas, No, JL Mann will dominate Northwestern. DF beat NW in the year when Df was just becoming a team. Mann easily played better than DF last night.

@Blazer, I take it your a JL Mann fan or your an absolute tard. The slinging to the ground was the foul and the red card, not after the play. Helps to pay attention. I don't know what game you were watching, but the captain, John Cajka, who should show great leadership was whining the whole time. The complete JL Mann team was grabbing and pushing at first. As a high school boy, of course the DF team will begin to start grabbing.

Wait, Wait, Wait, My mistake, Yes... DF was grabbing jerseys more.

BUT JL Mann was the one that were PUSHING, GRABBING, BITCHING, FLIPPING.

Your right, DF were holding onto jersey, but apparently now it's alright to take players out without playing the ball.

Alright Cajka was not whining or bitching, and was showing leadership. It's a high school soccer game for Gods sake. If anyone was bitching it was 2, 22, 13 on DF. Games over, Mann won. Not a complete tard. Thank you.

B
kick off
kick off
B
The fact you call out one player is straight Ignorant.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Sorry for calling one player out but from what I watched, it was not only Cajka, it was #1,#20,#7,#23,#15,#6,#14, and more.
I now know your clearly a JL Mann person now that you say he was being a leader because that is the worst leader I have ever watched in soccer. But then again you said you're not a complete tard, which in other words mean you're a "half-tard"

I don't have any sympathy for a complete dirty, uncontrollable team. JL Mann is pathetic as far as respect.
Nice try. Try again.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Seen worse teams, your probably just a jealous parent/coach/player whatever, who lost their playoff match and is taking it out on a clearly good team. Yes Mann has the occasional dirty game where they foul a lot, but what team doesn't?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Again, I have no association with either team, just a spectator wanting to watch a quality game. That did not happen. And both teams are clearly good teams. And yes, teams have dirty games but not like Mann. There are many rumors about Mann always being a dirty team and I forgot to mention on how they just "lost" Df's lineup.

I do not have any sympathy for a team like Mann when they play like that and everything associated with that.

I can't wait to make the drive down to Irmo to watch Mann get their asses handed to them. If Mann can give up 3 unanswered within that 20 minute period, imagine Irmo's advantage.

Now it's funny how to forgot to mention or comment back about the "tard" comment. Looks like your the "tard"

Don't fight a argument you can't back up.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Surprise. I saw it differently. Both teams gave as good as they got. A game that could have easily been controlled by throwing a couple of early yellows. But if you think that was bad go watch Irmo vs Clover. Someone please record that for us.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Surprise. I saw it differently. Both teams gave as good as they got. A game that could have easily been controlled by throwing a couple of early yellows. But if you think that was bad go watch Irmo vs Clover. Someone please record that for us.

Why do you think this game is going to be a mess today?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Well imagine that. "whatever" saw it differently???

About a game involving Mann.

What a shocker!!!

One might think he could be The Patriot.

kick off
kick off
SCSOCCER3 again if you don't feel the referee's are doing their job correctly then come join the team and put up or shut up. Yes some let more go than others some let way less. I have covered DF team several games this year and there are a few players that try to push the limit (note that they will do what the referee will let them get away with so they are playing smart soccer. Note on that note I said smart not fair or good). You call this dirty soccer but it is part of the game. The referee should research the teams prior to the matches to see you the play makers are and who the problem one's are. This would give you as a referee an insight on how the match may start out and get you prepaired to handle the issues quickly. Now with that being said how can you find out about a team well one thing is here on the board, call other referee's that have worked one of the teams matches, talk to other coaches. It's not that hard to get some information. Bad calls, no calls or what you as a fan/team supporter is a bad game may not be a bad game. Too many times I hear the same types of comments and the players on the pitch would say "I wish they would just shut up, they don't know what they are talking about they are stupid and don't know the rules". Take the time to learn the rules and or Laws of the Game this will ease your pain. Love the game, get involved, and don't be the turd in the crowd. Remember it's a game for the players to showcase their skills for the enjoyment of the supporters. Cheers

S
kick off
kick off
S
@Nukeworker, I take it you were probabally the referee that game. Also, what other games have you referee'ed DF? You say dirty soccer is part of the game, never I once seen this year people getting grabbed out of bounce and tossed, or when the ball rolls out, them getting tossed. There is a difference between dirty tackles in play and out of play. I'm harping on the out of play ones and how someonebody can not control it. Not to include everything else I've said before.

So explain to me why the referee didn't even have a badge on? Doesn't that immediately show more preparation? Having a 24 year old ref? Doesn't that show to the players that you can get away with some stuff since they don't call much.

I'm not only specifically talking about this game, but in general.

Also if you want to be a smartass on kowing the rules, I have been a referee before and know the rules. Nice Try.
I'll give you a round 3 now.

Last edited by SCSOCCER3; 05/12/12 03:23 PM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
THE DUMB SH*T HAS GOT TO STOP SCSOCCER3!

kick off
kick off
SCSOCCER3 to answer your question:
No I was not at the match you are referring to.
Several during the regular season.
And no I never said that dirty soccer is part of the game go back are reread the post.
Yes there is a huge difference between tackles on and off the pitch and should be dealt with under the rules of the game for High School.
The badge thing, here is a question for you did they have it on before the match started? It may have been knocked off during play as I have seen that before happen. But I always have a spare but this is one thing that should not be forgotten and when noticed should be corrected. Take last year at the 2A state finals the two AR's didn't have the badge and one didn't have his boots. So things happen.

I'm not the smartass as you have indicated I am just inviting you to either get out there or stop your complaining. If you were a referee why did you stop? Did you do High School, USSF, College, Pro, Indoor etc.

I'll make sure to post when the next certification class is being held so that you may attend if you care to be the bigger person and help make a positive difference for the good of the game.

kick off
kick off
But here is a comment for your SCSOCCER3 about a 24 year old doing a match. He at least, more than likely can type complete a sentence with a complete thought that makes sense. You might want to us a grammar checker before you post your rants I just saying.

kick off
kick off
Now to the good stuff the winners for today's matches

4A
JL Mann
Irmo

Fort Dorchester
Wando

3A
Fort Mill
Eastside

BC
Hilton Head

2A

Broome
Indian Land

Academic Magnet
Bishop England

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Safe to say Irmo is no longer a soccer power? JL Mann and Wando seem to be the big boys these days.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Not surprise that irmo choked AGAIN. Also, JL Mann is not a soccer power, never have been.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Has*

K
kick off
kick off
K
Its not that irmo isnt a soccer power they are, clover has heart. Keep hating on Clover you will get to know them soon enough. You soccer experts posting are funny, I wouldn't call you all experts thanks for the 23 consecutive posts stating that IRMO WOULD WIN. Keep up with your great predictions, excellent bulletin board material.

K
kick off
kick off
K
Hello irmo student section at the game today..."you guys let your whole team down" please can it you are unoriginal, not funny and and embarrassment to your school.

K
kick off
kick off
K
I hear the grocery stores in Irmo are running a sale on Platinum blonde hair dye

Last edited by Klose; 05/12/12 10:53 PM.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Although this may be odd, what does Savitz teach at Irmo?

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Pe

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
"Hello irmo student section at the game today..."you guys let your whole team down" please can it you are unoriginal, not funny and and embarrassment to your school."

Funny, I heard that coming from the Clover student section.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Where is the Troll? I guess you havve to wait another year-as I said TEAMS FROM THE COAST ENDED THE SEASON FOR REGION V AAA Champion- still no 3A title for a Columbia team.

Last edited by lvrpul; 05/13/12 02:13 AM.
Goal
Goal
From what I saw of Irmo last year and this year, they just look like an average team. Irmo was a feared opponent once upon a time. Oh well. All good things must come to an end.

kick off
kick off
Wow what a night for upsets

1A Blackville won 2-0 tonight great match
2A Gilbert pulled out a win from the trenches
2A Indian Land, Waccamaw and Academic Magnet no surprise winners
3A Fort Mill, Hilton Head, and Eastside, no surprise winners
3A North Myrtle Beach upsets BC

4A JL Mann, Wando no surprise winners
4A Clover, and South Aiken huge upsets as they win.

Now Tuesday how will each team perform.

Prediction for the Finals

No thoughts on 1A games
Blackville played well tonight

2A IL vs GHS
2A AM vs Wac
Finals IL vs AM

3A FM vs ES
3A NMB vs HH
Finals FM vs NMB

4A JL Mann vs Clover
4A South Aiken vs Wando
Finals JL Mann vs Wando

B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

Again, I have no association with either team, just a spectator wanting to watch a quality game. That did not happen. And both teams are clearly good teams. And yes, teams have dirty games but not like Mann. There are many rumors about Mann always being a dirty team and I forgot to mention on how they just "lost" Df's lineup.

I do not have any sympathy for a team like Mann when they play like that and everything associated with that.

I can't wait to make the drive down to Irmo to watch Mann get their asses handed to them. If Mann can give up 3 unanswered within that 20 minute period, imagine Irmo's advantage.

Now it's funny how to forgot to mention or comment back about the "tard" comment. Looks like your the "tard"

Don't fight a argument you can't back up.

You won't be driving down to Irmo to see anyones asses get handed to them. Even if Irmo had won their game, the Upperstate Final would have been hosted at Mann. So with that said, JL Mann hosts Clover on Tuesday night.

goal kick
goal kick
@Klose what position do you play for clover?

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

Pinewood - PG score?

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Where is the Troll? I guess you havve to wait another year-as I said TEAMS FROM THE COAST ENDED THE SEASON FOR REGION V AAA Champion- still no 3A title for a Columbia team.

"Life is hard; its harder when you're stupid."

Don't Feed the Trolls!
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Wow troll I see u have your location listed as Midland Soccer- isnt that an oxymoron because obviously one has nothing to do with the other

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Wow troll I see u have your location listed as Midland Soccer- isnt that an oxymoron because obviously one has nothing to do with the other

Q.E.D.

Don't Feed the Trolls!
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Y.H.B.T.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Holy Crap...it doesn't appear lvrpol knows anything about SC Soccer.

http://www.thecolumbiastar.com/news/2011-09-09/Sports/Gamecock_soccer_has_local_flavor.html

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Quote:

Holy Crap...it doesn't appear lvrpol knows anything about SC Soccer.

http://www.thecolumbiastar.com/news/2011-09-09/Sports/Gamecock_soccer_has_local_flavor.html

I was talking strictly High School- I will agree there are many talented individuals from Columbia area High Schools but no outstanding teams, also update your sources I beleive Lunceford was dismissed from the USC team and is now at Clemson

D
bench
bench
D
IRMO is now irmo. Their reign as bridesmaids is now at an end. After the 2012 class they have no one. It may be time to call it quits for coach savitz. JL Mann will now rise as the upper state power house. And they will dominate clover

K
kick off
kick off
K
Clover loves bulletin board material, just ask Irmo thanks!

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

IRMO is now irmo. Their reign as bridesmaids is now at an end. After the 2012 class they have no one. It may be time to call it quits for coach savitz. JL Mann will now rise as the upper state power house. And they will dominate clover

Rumor is that Savitz will be leaving Irmo and starting up a new soccer program at River Bluff high school (new opening 2013) in Lexington, SC

Soccer. Soccer Everywhere.
B
brace
brace
B
If you need bulletin board material for an Upper State championship game, no amount of it will help.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I was talking strictly High School- I will agree there are many talented individuals from Columbia area High Schools but no outstanding teams, also update your sources I beleive Lunceford was dismissed from the USC team and is now at Clemson

Achmed trying to figure lyvpul out. He can’t really be this stupid can he? He just trying to pull our chains.
It been 7 years since the coastal teams have had two teams in the AAA lower-state. Can Lvrpul tell Achmed when the last time they had 4 teams in the quarter finals? And while you look’n, make note of how my local boys stand up.
Lvrpul keep mentioning lack of title, but Achmed don’t recall any recent championship for the waterboys either. Is Achmed wrong?
Oh, and Lvrpul your wrong (…shocker) on Lunceford. He was not “dismissed” from USC. Lvrpul better re-check his sources.
Lvrpul.... take one IED and call me in the morning.

B
brace
brace
B
Must say, the Lowcountry/Midlands/Upstate discussion is mere prattle. High school sports runs in cycles. Even the best programs have ups and downs. And with the advent of more statewide and regional opportunities, the "community team" concept is pretty much out the door. The best players cross paths all year long, regardless of geography.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Quote:

Achmed trying to figure lyvpul out. He can’t really be this stupid can he? He just trying to pull our chains.
It been 7 years since the coastal teams have had two teams in the AAA lower-state. Can Lvrpul tell Achmed when the last time they had 4 teams in the quarter finals? And while you look’n, make note of how my local boys stand up.
Lvrpul keep mentioning lack of title, but Achmed don’t recall any recent championship for the waterboys either. Is Achmed wrong?
Oh, and Lvrpul your wrong (…shocker) on Lunceford. He was not “dismissed” from USC. Lvrpul better re-check his sources.
Lvrpul.... take one IED and call me in the morning.

Better recheck your sources again on why he left and as for your local boys BC has never ever ever won a state title in soccer BTW I am from the upstate - you know the area that continually dominates 3A soccer

B
brace
brace
B
Geography has NOTHING to do with it. Which school administration and athletic administration supports soccer? Which school has the right coach? Which school attracts a soccer clientele?

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Backscreen17, you seem to know a lot about high school, club, youth soccer, etc. What's your background? Can you give some examples of the "soccer clientele" programs?

lvrpul seems to have an agenda (let me know what it is when someone figures it out)!

M
brace
brace
M
Lunceford's written request to be released from USC was granted by Coach Berson on 12/21. Transferring to in-state rival Clemson required a 'year in residence' pursuant to the terms set forth by USC resulting in eligibility in the Spring of 2013 for three remaining years of play. The NCAA allows team training during the 'year in residence' period.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

lvrpul seems to have an agenda (let me know what it is when someone figures it out)!

Mostly Eastside. That should be focus as they do have a good program and a very good coach. The focus should be there, not on bashing the rest of the state.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
If SA and Mann get through, think the SCHSL change the refs from the year they GAVE Mann a ring?

L
kick off
kick off
L
Quote:

Geography has NOTHING to do with it. Which school administration and athletic administration supports soccer? Which school has the right coach? Which school attracts a soccer clientele?

OK how can I say this without sounding insensitive "Are you stupid or did you mother drop you on your head?" I will give you 1 point for what school supports soccer. Students/Players cannot arbitrarily change school to join a team (I don't know any kids that have that much sway over mom and dad either.) Geography; is a huge factor in HS sports look at Summerville and the split up with Ashley Ridge & Ft Dorchester, Irmo with Chapin long time ago and Dutch Fork, Spring Valley with Ridgeview and Blythwood. As areas grow new schools are built and population shifts How long will it be before West Ashley and Wando face these issues, good question. Just look at Northwestern and the Rock Hill area and track the sprawl

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Better recheck your sources again on why he left and as for your local boys BC has never ever ever won a state title in soccer BTW I am from the upstate - you know the area that continually dominates 3A soccer

Achmed's source plays for USC, so unless Lvrpul heard it from Berson himself you are dealing with pure rumors and your sources are questionable.
Achmed loves his Bearcats and knows the quality of his team and program. No one can take that away from them. Especially not a inarticulate person of no substance.

B
brace
brace
B
Thanks, GOT2. Class always shows.
The question isn't about individual districts splitting up; it's about geographic regions (Lowcountry, Midlands, Upstate, etc.) dominating any given year or set of years in a given classification. A region OBVIOUSLY encompasses multiple schools of differing enrollments.
My point is, like ALL high school sports, these things run in cycles, and are often MORE contingent on high school and club-level coaching, which is a matter of individual competence, not geography, and can change at any time.
You cite the Summerville example. And sure, if there were no Fort D or AR, Summerville might have 8,000 students and win title after title. Then again, since Fort D sheared off, Summerville has won state titles in (among other things) boys basketball. Why? Because it had a well-coached, athletic, tight, motivated group of kids who JUST HAPPENED to be in one place at one time. That's how state titles are won.
So, here, grab a clue! They're free for one day only to small-minded people.

kick off
kick off
Bar are you really going to bring up that talk again? The same one from what seems like the past 2 years. You either being from SA or Chapin lost so just stop complaining. The refs had nothing to do with it. Mann just never stopped playing and SA did.
J.L. Mann 2010 Playoffs

Woodmont 14-0
Blue Ridge 5-1
A.C. Flora 4-0
Eastside 5-1
South Aiken 2-0
State Championship Stats
Shots: SA(4) Mann(17)
Saves: SA(6) Mann(1)
Corners: SA(0) Mann(4)
Maybe the refs did help mann score 30 goals and only give up 2 in playoffs. Or maybe the refs did help Mann out shoot SA by 13, but lets be honest probably not. The best team won and it shows by stats.

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
L
kick off
kick off
L
Backscreen, If I use your example then Northwestern should have never won anything, again they are in a greographical region that benefited from being close to Charlotte. and yet we don't hear what a super club program they have in the area unlike CESA or MT Pleasant. I have never seen a kid take to the HS fields and wow them that hasn't played some form of club. Coaching can take it another step, but I have seen it take very talented teams (players) and not only hold them back but take them backwards. Give me an example of a player that has so much sway over their parents on where they will live for HS soccer, or a HS that recruited a player to be playing for them as opposed to where they are at (legally)! Some schools are lucky enough to field a full team, and yet the idea of tryouts can be a joke for some, when Wando has an enrollment of over 2700 student you can be picky about 1900 for West Ashley about 2700 for Northwestern. Yes the Summerville's still compete and sometimes win it all in some sports, but as an area grows they will find that they will be broken up within the district. The districs make up a region kinda like a puzzle get it! So if your point is things run in cycles say so, and like Old Gal asked give me an example of "a soccer clientele" programs? I'm sure if someone tracked economic growth to HS soccer within some time window a corrolation would be found! BUT HEY! it not that hard it just friggin HS Soccer, and besides IT JUST FOR THE KIDS!!!!! don't get hung up on it!

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
The gifted goals for Eastside and then JL Mann in the finals were what did it for Mann. I dont see them having such an easy time against Chapin, and Aiken's defense looked unbeatable with that many shots and no goals. I normally cheer for the upperstate, but if they rematch, I hope SA runs them

B
brace
brace
B
GOT2: The Northwestern example is actually perfect. Great for -- what? -- 3 years running, and now, more or less rebuilding. Did the school magically switch regions? No, it completed a cycle of very talented kids, coached by a competent guy. Eventually, they'll run into another cycle.

Keep thinking about it, though. You'll get it eventually.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

The gifted goals for Eastside and then JL Mann in the finals were what did it for Mann. I dont see them having such an easy time against Chapin, and Aiken's defense looked unbeatable with that many shots and no goals. I normally cheer for the upperstate, but if they rematch, I hope SA runs them

Considering you went to South Aiken, I'd hope so.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Considering....Riverside my friend

Goal
Goal
Don't make me pull out your post history. It's copious. Just own up to it. You're not dealing with an idiot here.

I could name a name if you wanted me to. It's easy enough.

PS - Good luck. Should be a great game tonight.

Last edited by shut^&play; 05/15/12 05:52 PM.
L
kick off
kick off
L
Backscreen 17 I expect more from you reading some of your others post, maybe this is a fluke. I cannot type any slower for you but I'll try. G-O B-A-C-K A-N-D R-E-A-D Y-O-U-R O-R-G-I-N-A-L P-O-S-T. Show me you cycle reference in that post. Your foxhole has been overrun and cannot be defended. Call it a day and try again on a different subject.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Post deleted by lvrpul

Last edited by lvrpul; 05/15/12 06:56 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Post deleted by Big Daddy

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Bar are you really going to bring up that talk again? The same one from what seems like the past 2 years. You either being from SA or Chapin lost so just stop complaining. The refs had nothing to do with it. Mann just never stopped playing and SA did.
J.L. Mann 2010 Playoffs

Woodmont 14-0
Blue Ridge 5-1
A.C. Flora 4-0
Eastside 5-1
South Aiken 2-0
State Championship Stats
Shots: SA(4) Mann(17)
Saves: SA(6) Mann(1)
Corners: SA(0) Mann(4)
Maybe the refs did help mann score 30 goals and only give up 2 in playoffs. Or maybe the refs did help Mann out shoot SA by 13, but lets be honest probably not. The best team won and it shows by stats.

Mann was a beast that year - they had so much team speed that I dont know how anyone was able to even compete - Hurst made a living by holding at midfield and then blowing past the defense to receive a ball played over the top and more often than not score- They have a lot of similar talent this year minus the speed of Hurst

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant. Its inappropriate for you to be publicly rumormongering about an 18-19 year old kid. What he may or may not tell a friend in confidence is no doubt different than what should be blabbed about on a forum.

Point taken

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Dont get into the ref debate - thanks to refs SA was handed the title against Eastside in 2009 - Eastsides best player given a very questionable red card in upper state and was unable to compete in state giving the lower state its first 3A championship since 1988

B
brace
brace
B
GOT2: Let me try it this way. In the last decade, we've had Class AAAA boys state champions from multiple regions. Why? Because "dominance" is player/program-driven ... NOT regional.
This year, if J.L. Mann wins it, or Wando wins it, it won't mean one region or the other is superior. It will mean that one very good team beat another ... nothing more, nothing less.

M
bench
bench
M
Well put backscreen

Goal
Goal
Got to see the Blackville/Governor's School game. Governor's School will get obliterated by St. Joseph's. Glad to see Christ Church get a vacation this year. GS's forward was getting frustrated b/c he wasn't able to score and their defense has 1 maybe 2 good players. This may be a Title Game where a mercy rule may be needed.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

Got to see the Blackville/Governor's School game. Governor's School will get obliterated by St. Joseph's. Glad to see Christ Church get a vacation this year. GS's forward was getting frustrated b/c he wasn't able to score and their defense has 1 maybe 2 good players. This may be a Title Game where a mercy rule may be needed.

Hopefully without offending more than I already do, feel the title game was last night between St. J and CC. With Burnikel back, this even makes St. Joe's even more powerful! St. Joe's would give any team in the state a match!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Yea credit to GS for having a great season and making it to the state finals. It has to be tough with basically a rotating roster at that school. But after seeing St. Joes at the Mauldin Cup this season, I agree, it may be over quickly.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

The State Championship in 1A is just a consolation prize for winner of St.Joes and Christ Church. If they did statewide seedings St joes and CC would be in the finals - They will struggle to keep from scoring double digits in the first half

Goal
Goal
Quote:

The State Championship in 1A is just a consolation prize for winner of St.Joes and Christ Church. If they did statewide seedings St joes and CC would be in the finals - They will struggle to keep from scoring double digits in the first half

I agree. I wish that the St. Joes/Christ Church game was the title game. But like I saw in another topic, it just takes one game. Still, from what I've seen of G.S. and what I've heard of St. Joes, G.S. will be one of the easiest games St. Joes will play.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard