Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
CESA, ACADEMY, The Bridge - what makes you think any of makes a difference?

Many players don't even play the same position in club and high school. Players who are involved year round obviously bring more skill depth but beyond that coaching makes them a team not what they did with club last year.

G
Throw In
Throw In
G
Call me old school, but with the live stream, that I could not watch at a wedding reception, I would have preferred posted updates. I know the scores but have not other info on the games and the posts are fairly amusing as well as informative.

M
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
Quote:

The SOCCER GODS HAVE SPOKEN, the better team won I guess last year was a fluke! CESA or ACADAMY sometimes the stars are in alignment and good things happen. Maybe the boys should have not let the media hype go to their heads like last years runner-up did. The media hype doesn't play the game the kids do and if they show-up to play the better team will win!!

last year was a fluke?!? Last year re-played itself again this year. Two great teams come together for 80 mins and play one game. The records dont matter, the quality of the players doesnt matter, all that matters is who is the better team on that day. You can make all the arguments you want, but J.L. Mann was the better team yesterday. They played together as a unit, believed and fought for 80 mins, Wando did not. Wando is a great team, and what they did last year should not be called a fluke, because they earned that result last year. In the end what we all should be saying is that it was a great championship game, which had 2 great teams battling hard for 80 mins.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Si senor. My job is done here. See ya next year

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

Quote:

The SOCCER GODS HAVE SPOKEN, the better team won I guess last year was a fluke! CESA or ACADAMY sometimes the stars are in alignment and good things happen. Maybe the boys should have not let the media hype go to their heads like last years runner-up did. The media hype doesn't play the game the kids do and if they show-up to play the better team will win!!

last year was a fluke?!? Last year re-played itself again this year. Two great teams come together for 80 mins and play one game. The records dont matter, the quality of the players doesnt matter, all that matters is who is the better team on that day. You can make all the arguments you want, but J.L. Mann was the better team yesterday. They played together as a unit, believed
and fought for 80 mins, Wando did not. Wando is a great team, and what they did last year should not be called a fluke, because they earned that result last year. In the end what we all should be saying is that it was a great championship game, which had 2 great teams battling hard for 80 mins.

MUF - for someone from Columbia - you seem to be very dialed in to Mount Pleasant HS sports. Good for you. You claim Wando did not play as a unit, didn't believe, and didn't fight for 80 minutes. You also suggest there were two great teams battling hard for 80 minutes. What do you really believe?

B
brace
brace
B
Rayne: MUF summarized it PERFECTLY. J.L. Mann was the better of two very good teams on Saturday. That's all that counts; they get the rings for 2012, AND DESERVE THEM. Doesn't make Wando's accomplishment last year (or this year, for that matter) any less significant.
As to your question: 2 teams can "battle hard" for 80 minutes and one can STILL have that little bit extra of cohesion, belief and grit. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Well put Man U, 2 great teams came to play and 1 wanted more than the other...Simple as that.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

like I said - a classic Hosea victory.

if you haven't seen the movie Miracle, rent it or buy it.

B
brace
brace
B
Agreed, to a point.
It was a great victory, and very well-coached, but hardly a "miracle." Not when you beat a team that has already lost to Lexington, Ashley Ridge and Bishop England. The latter coming AT HOME in the final week of the regular season.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

I didn't say it was a miracle, I said rent the movie Miracle.

The story is one of the greatest in Sports history but it is a great insight into coaching.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard