Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
C
Goal
Goal
C
Wando should win but many people felt Irmo should have won last year.

B
brace
brace
B
You guys are being way too analytical. Single-game championships offer so many variables as to be impossible to predict. Consider: officiating, injuries, illness, form, deflections, PKs, wonder strikes, physical mistakes, mental errors, and so on.
I wish I could tell you who is officiating Saturday's AAAA game, in view of the crew I saw in the Lower State title game last night. Just not good enough. Given that they were clearly being "evaluated" last night, I can only assume they're in the hunt for championship game assignments. Scary.
One more thing. in view of several episodes in these playoffs, the SCHSL may wish to review its match-abandonment policy.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Not enough good soccer teams for playoffs. We had a first round forfeit two years ago because no sense in a 4-18 team driving two hours to get their 10-0 loss.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Quote:

Wando should win but many people felt Irmo should have won last year.

Fun to talk smack and predict but we don't get to see Wando play. You can try to base it on similar opponents but to many variables. I would have bet the clover -mann to be much closer. No telling Sat night.

S
kick off
kick off
S
It is quite obivious that "whatever" is a JL Mann fan but that's beside the point.

Down to basics... Mann's keeper is good, but not a top keeper.
Wando.. Zero goals, Academy player.

Mann gave up three straight goals to DF within a twenty minute period, just imagine Wando's scoring spree.

All Wando has to do is defense the through ball which that Trent guy will do and that's it.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Yes, most CESA players are very good, but academy player's are very very good also. It's simple... Wando wins.

B
brace
brace
B
Here's what we should ALL want: A great, close match; decided in the run of play or by a great free kick or set piece (and NOT PKs); with somebody WINNING and no individual being perceived as effectively LOSING the game. You want a showcase match, and these two sides just may provide one. Hope so, anyway.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Quote:

It is quite obivious that "whatever" is a JL Mann fan but that's beside the point.

Down to basics... Mann's keeper is good, but not a top keeper.
Wando.. Zero goals, Academy player.

Mann gave up three straight goals to DF within a twenty minute period, just imagine Wando's scoring spree.

All Wando has to do is defense the through ball which that Trent guy will do and that's it.

Can't defend what you can't see. Your keeper would give up more goals if he played in the upstate. No difference in academy and club except the spelling. Some choose not to travel as much

Last edited by whatever; 05/16/12 07:44 PM.
S
kick off
kick off
S
By your definition of no difference between the two, I do not see any crescent 1 players(SCUFC teams,club) on Academy. I guess you do, care to explain what player?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Lvrpul,

How are you coming to the conclusion that Mann is favored in this game?

Theoretically a school with close to 3500 students (larger than several colleges in SC) has such a large pool to draw from that they should be favored against a school less than half their size with 1600 students but since a school with just over 700 students shut out Wando earlier this month and the fact that Mann has more speed and overall talent I am picking them.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard