Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
B
brace
brace
B
Hey, I'm not DEFENDING anyone here. Just pointing out shades of gray.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Quote:

OK, to answer your rhetorical question, I would have to say it was the Principal and AD. On paper it may look like Stroud is the "staff", but if you asked any player who the head coach was, they would say it was Stroud. If you asked the faculty or parents who the coach was, they would say Stroud and most of them would not even know that Hosea existed. I guess the previous coaches at Mann could be credited with the victories since in a way, they empowered Hosea by giving up the job. You did read my original comment, didn't you? Hosea does not pick the team, train the team or coach them in the game. How did he lead them to victory? By allowing someone who knew what he was doing to do it?

I guess you could call him the Bobby Bowden of soccer coaching.

S
goal
goal
S
or a fan with a really good seat.

A
bench
bench
A
How about instead of bagging on coach hosea, who has 541 career victories and won state 11 times, we concentrate on the players that played in the game

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
I dont ever comment on here other then posting scores. However, this is quite pathetic. There is never a perfect game, perfect coach or perfect team. The state championship is won and lost every year. When did the concept of congratulating a team who won the state championship go out the window and focus on the coach and his responsibilities? One of the main jobs as a coach is to surround yourself with great coaches/people. Apparently it sounds like he did that. Great seasons by both teams and coaching staff. Can we not say great job to both teams in a great final that could of gone either way? That is what the game is about. Any given day a team can beat another, regardless of paper and who is projected to win. Get over yourselves and appreciate the players and coaches who put in all the work on both of these teams. They have things like twitter for people who like to talk trash and hide face. Maybe look into something of that sort but this should be to appreciate and recognize two teams who battled in a state championship, not critique coaches who both apparently did what was needed to be in the title game.

Great job to both teams and both coaches. Two great programs battled it out for another great state final in South Carolina.

As for the video. Love the idea and concept, however the commentating was suspect for sure. At one time they said " Irmo driving back again". Definitely a great tool and another outlet to watch games. It will only get better in the future.

Last edited by Kellie Herndon; 05/26/12 07:40 PM.
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

This thread started out with someone stating that it was Academy versus CESA.

My point is so what? HS soccer is not about this club versus that club. All the talent and capability coming to a team is meaningless if there is not a coach to define the team, its system of play and its approach to motivation.

I can't comment on the remarks made by clarkwgriswold . He obviously has several kids in the program at JL Mann and is infinitely familiar with the day to day operations of the JL Mann soccer team.

A
bench
bench
A
Kellie Herndon your right, the focus should not be on the coaches but on the players. And after watching the re-run game the anouncing was pretty bad, but it would of been nice to get live updates on this website, i mean it was the state championship game

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
WRONG!

The focus should be on the high school team!

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard