Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
The count I have of schools that have been electronically filled against stands near 150.

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
Deadlines are coming up on District 2 (Boiling Springs, Chesnee High school and their middle schools).

First up - "... the district will by December 21, 2012, for each school, conduct an objective assesment to determine the athletic interests and abilities..."

I was worried about them cheating and making the numbers match what they want, but the OCR is pretty tough on this.

"Copies of all surveys referenced in subsection II.D.1 and the results of those surveys, including a complete description of the methodology used to conduct the survey, including how the survey was distributed , the number of surveys distributed and the number of responses, the grade levels of students who recieved the surveys, all follow-up to the initial distribution of the survey, the names and contact information for the individuals who evaluated the respones to the surveys, and copies of all notes and other documentation compiled during the review of the surveys;"

Still worried about the butchers thumb on the scale.

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
Charter buses to first round of football playoffs... other sports not afforded same. Got to love the thought processes of some folks.

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
I have a question for the board. How does your school repair damage created season to season on practice and game fields? Our school runs the football team and girls soccer team on the same practice field. They repair it in the summer, then the boys trash it. The girls have to deal with what is left, holes, damaged areas etc. They never cut the grass until the week before the football pre season. So, our girls have rubbish for a practice field.

How does your school maintain such playing surfaces? Just looking for ideas to feed the school. Does your school overseed, have multiple fields, have turf? Or do you deal with the same mess?

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
come on throw me a bone here

Goal
Goal
Life is not fair. It never will be

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
Not worried about if it is fair or not. Just looking for an idea of how we can improve the maintence of the field.

do a bunch of the teams have a seperate field, so the situation does not exist

or do they do season to season maintence.... sand, overseed, sod, whatever they are doing. Heard some folks actually rolled the field with a steam roller type deal, just smaller.

The girls get the fuzzy end of the lollipop many times, so you are right life is not fair. Does that mean we should sit by watching the situation, or should we try to make it better.

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
Clark County, Nevada, adding freshman soccer, and flag football to partly correct negitive Title IX findings. In 2010 the National Women's Law Center turned Clark County in as part of their 12 complaints, nation wide, one per OCR district.

Some folks are skeptical about the flag football part of this. One school had 125 girls try out for the 15 roster spots avaialable at that school.

District 2, Boiling Springs, has 17 days to do their survey, for athletic interest, per their Resolution Agreement.

Come on Santa, all I want is, for the girls to ask for soccer at all the schools... check the box by soccer!

Last edited by It is, what It is!; 11/28/12 05:00 PM.
I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
Quote:

The count I have of schools that have been electronically filled against stands near 150.

The OCR shortly after this filing, refused to investigate based on evidence supplied. Just the other week, they accepted the same evidence to investigate the District of Columbia.

Now the person who filed both complaints is sending SC back through. Using the argument, you accepted DC, why not SC.

I
goal
OP Offline
goal
I
Fun Fact:

Per the resolution agreement, District 2 has until Dec 21st of this year to survey the girls for their athletic interest.
(...then the District will, by December 21, 2012, for each such school, conduct an objective assessment to determine the athletic interests and abilities of girls...)

Do you think Mr. Mercer (District Superintendent) was smart enough to set that date, to match the end of the world? (Mayan Calendar prediction)

He will do anything he can, I know that! I think this was dumb luck, or maybe not.

Last edited by It is, what It is!; 12/17/12 09:19 PM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard