Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Maybe you should reread some of the facilitators posts. Merely responding to them, and I wasnt alluding to the West Florence Coach I made a mistake , there are actually two. And FYI I am a fan of Upstate soccer and not one program in particular

You should also add "being a complete douchebag" to your list of things you represent along with upstate soccer. You really contribute less than nothing to this community while simultaneously feeling the need to attack those that have enabled it. Let me assure you that no one is listening, no one really cares, and if you really have an issue you should address them in person in a real forum befitting of a man addressing other men (assuming you are one, it's hard to tell). I would also challenge you to do something better than what Kevin and Kyle have done for the last two decades+. Please, by all means, try and duplicate their success, work rate, and standards at a program of your choosing. I challenge you to keep up with their commitment. Undeniably you neither have the spine nor ability to keep pace.

Until then, until you actually do something, anything noteworthy, remain silent, in the corner, you pretentious douchebag.

B
bench
bench
B
Xavier posted negative stuff about the Heiss's and the tournament and poor Wando not getting a chance to defend their title! What am idiot you are because the Heiss's did such a great job with rearranging a bad weather situation, they defended their title.
I would love to see your ignorant butt try and even pull off a Palmetto Cup that the Heiss's have done successfully for over 20 years. Their decision with all the factors present in this years 2013 palmetto Cup was approved by all the Coaches the State Association and the refs. There was so many factors with everything going on, it is amazing they worked like dogs fixed it in a very short time and satisfied everyone!! As A High School Coach it is hard enough to get a schedule for regular season done, much less a 4 day , 16 team tournament. Everyone in South Carolina should be sending a letter of Thanks to the Heiss's as they are THE MAIN REASON, South Carolina is so recognized Nationally by rating services and College Coaches because they do put on an Elire Tournament and no matter what the season . Fall, Winter, spring, there is NOT a better known tournament in the Nation in High school Soccer!! Hats off to the Heiss's for always delivering!!! Nothing can ever be perfect in life and satisfy everyone but the Heiss's do so many things right they are admired by Coaches and Educated Fans they out the Country. All of you that think you have a better idea how to run the tournament next year, email the Heiss's and tell them. What makes them so special is they are always willing to listen and if there is a good idea, they would try it!
This year getting games on live on the Internet was tenuous idea of theirs as College Coaches who couldn't attend got to watch Players and evaluate them!! Here is my plea to all of you who really care about South Carolina high School Soccer!!! Find Kevin and Kyle's email addresses and Thank them, they are truly the Reason South Carolina High School Soccer is o well known and after a few butts put disparaging remarks on here they could use a Thank-you! My Comments are from a High School Coach with years of experience and am versed enough to know everything O said on here is true!! Thank Them!!!

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Obviously YOU are listening and must care contrary to what you wrote or you wouldnt have bothered with it.

Goal
Goal
Sure I would bother. That's what I do. There are positions of power and respectability within the SC soccer community: Kevin, Kyle, the other coaches, and even significant posters on the msg board who make a point to not be a complete panty waste throughout their entire existence

Then there are the people who are irrelevant: you, for example, and other mouth breathers just like you; the underbelly of the SC soccer community. Your contributions exist solely to ruffle feathers or make yourself feel better about your meager existence. I'm somewhere in the middle. I'll play your game, but do it better while instructing you that your "look at me attempts" never really reach the upper group for which you so desperately want to be apart of through wasted attempts of juvenile criticism.

Wait, before you retort, I get it. Upstate soccer has a better track record than lower state in 3A. I'm sure Kevin and Kyle know that considering they do all of the stats and have worked and prepared every state championship game in recent memory. You are correct on that front. Small victories, right? Carry on about your day.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
4/5/13

21st Annual NIKE Palmetto Cup kicks off

Bearcats run over Red Devils
Josh Cruse, Columbia Star

Cards take the sting out of Yellow Jackets
Josh Cruse, Columbia Star

W
goal
goal
W
Shut^&Play- Great post! I doubt he will understand your points, you're talking about a guy who is a fan of "upstate soccer" not "one program in particular." Although I haven't read any post that he authored about Blue Ridge, Traveler's Rest , or Pendleton etc. He won't understand words like pride, loyalty, commitment, nor will he understand what goes into building a program, much less maintaining it for 20 some odd years. But guess that's why there's a message board;) another meaningless accomplishment of the Heise's.

Last edited by Will Eudy; 04/08/13 11:38 PM.
S
bench
bench
S
I am a fan of watching St. Joes play and will likely go see them take on Christ Church tonight in what I'm guessing will be a match that is not nearly as entertaining as it was last year and the year before when those two teams had some great battles.

While I don't think SJ's record going back 3 years against mid-state opponents is indicative of their current talent and ability in any way (they are quite good this year), there was a chance for them to prove themselves here and they missed it. No doubt that the Palmetto Cup has become the top-tier tournament for SC soccer, and in my opinion it provides more opportunity for teams to earn the respect of the SC soccer community than any other (Wando pre-season tourney is phenomenal as well, but as we all know, pre-season is pre-season).

So while I agree that SJ is a quality side and believe they could compete with the best SC has to offer, you have to show up and prove it. I have no idea why they turned down an invitation to compete in this great tournament during their spring break week (could have been a perfectly good reason), but chalk it up as a missed opportunity in my book. Would love to see them compete against Wando this year, but sadly doesn't look like its in the cards.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Boys ESR Spring Top 50, April 9
by Sheldon Shealer

TOP STORY: Tournament weekend boded well for South Carolina and Tennessee. Wando (S.C.) won the Palmetto Cup for the second straight year in an event that featured top programs from South Carolina and Tennessee. Meanwhile, Farragut went 2-1 at the Palmetto Cup while Tennessee counterpart Franklin took down Oklahoma's top-ranked Jenks team. The net result is that this week's ESR Top 50 features 12 teams combined from the states of South Carolina and Tennessee.

BIG MOVER: Christian Brothers (Memphis, Tenn.). Christian Brothers, a preseason Top 25 team that fell out of the rankings after a surprise early tie, is back at No. 19 after a 3-1 win over previous Top 25-ranked White House.

NEWCOMERS: No. 17 Franklin (Franklin, Tenn.), No. 44 South Lakes (Reston, Va.), No. 48 Brookwood (Snellville, Ga.) and No. 50 Stadium (Tacoma, Wash.).

NOTES: The spring season includes the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.

Rankings through matches played as of April 7, 2013
Rk. School (City, State) Record Prev.

1 Creighton Prep (Omaha, Neb.) 9-0-0 1
Creighton Prep's wins over Millard South and Millard West set up a showdown with No. 13 Omaha South for the Metro Tournament title, a contest that was scheduled to be played Monday evening.

2 Wando (Mount Pleasant, S.C.) 12-0-0 3
Erik Clark, a College of Charleston signee, was named MVP as Wando swept its way to a second straight Palmetto Cup title. In the final, Wando bested host Brookland-Cayce 3-0. The 16-team event featured four teams in the current Top 50.

3 Lassiter (Marietta, Ga.) 14-0-0 2
Lassiter smacked Darlington 10-0 last week in the team's lone match. Lassiter, which has yet to face a Top 50 team this season, swapped spots with Wando (S.C.), which has played a more demanding schedule to date. Lassiter won't see a nationally ranked opponent until the playoffs.

4 Mills Godwin (Henrico, Va.) 4-0-0 4
Mills Godwin was idle last week.

5 Snohomish (Snohomish, Wash.) 9-0-0 5
Uriel Herrera and Tyler Mayer both scored in Snohomish's two wins last week to keep the team perfect as it nears the midway point of the season.

6 Tuscarora (Leesburg, Va.) 4-0-1 8
Tuscarora edged Loudoun Valley 2-1 in the team's only outing last week.

7 McIntosh (Peachtree City, Ga.) 15-0-0 10
McIntosh was idle last week.

8 St. Pius (Atlanta, Ga.) 10-0-2 15
St. Pius was idle last week.

9 Brighton (Salt Lake City, Utah) 7-0-0 11
Ben Perkins converted a PK set up when Matthew Coffey was taken down in the box to lift Brighton to a 1-0 victory over Top 50-ranked Alta. Coffey scored twice in the team's 3-0 win over Fremont earlier in the week.

10 Jefferson Forest (Forest, Va.) 3-0-0 13
Jefferson Forest was idle last week.

11 Blacksburg (Blacksburg, Va.) 2-0-0 14
Colgate signee Geinda Smith scored twice as Blacksburg defeated Christiansburg 4-0. This week, Blacksburg plays host to a four-team event featuring Jefferson Forest and Blacksburg. If the teams win their Friday openers, they will meet in Saturday's final. Regardless, this event will be key to both teams' ranking starting next week.

12 Skyview (Vancouver, Wash.) 8-0-0 17
Skyview was idle last week.

13 Omaha South (Omaha, Neb.) 10-0-0 19
Omaha South ripped Papillion-La Vista and Papillion-La Vista South by a combined 17-1 margin to reach the Metro Tournament final where it was scheduled to meet top-ranked Creighton Prep on Monday.

14 Norman (Norman, Okla.) 7-0-0 25
Norman has won three one-goal contests and three matches by shootout this season. The most recent victory was a shootout win over Putnam City North following a 1-1 contest. Andrew Arledge made one save in the shootout, but that was enough for the victory.

15 Christian Academy of Knoxville (Knoxville, Tenn.) 5-0-0 16
CAK, which hasn't played a match closer than six goals, will get its first test of the season when it travels to a mixer in Memphis this weekend.

16 Dalton (Dalton, Ga.) 12-0-0 29
Dalton was idle last week, but got a jump in the rankings since it twice beat Northwest Whitfield (once 6-1), a team that played a close contest with one of Tennessee's top-ranked squads.

17 Franklin (Franklin, Tenn.) 4-0-1 NR
Franklin's 3-1 victory over previous Top 10-ranked Jenks (Okla.) led to quite a shake-up this week, one that leaves the Southeast states (Alabama, Georgia, S.C. and Tennessee) with 22 teams in this week's rankings as compared to 11 by the Midwest states (Iowa, Nebraska and Oklahoma).

18 Lake Braddock (Burke, Va.) 3-0-1 22
Lake Braddock's ranking will be put to the test this week with matches against Top 50-ranked T.C. Williams and Oakton, who are a combined 9-0-1.

19 Christian Brothers (Memphis, Tenn.) 4-0-1 46
Christian Brothers' 3-1 win over previous Top 25-ranked White House led to a major jump in this week's rankings for this perennial private school state title challenger.

20 Vestavia Hills (Vestavia Hills, Ala.) 19-1-1 7
Vestavia Hill was knocked from the unbeatens in a loss to Top 25-ranked Oak Mountain, but remains ranked ahead of Oak Mountain based on the fact it has won two of the three meetings this season. The next meeting could be in the playoffs, and the winner there will earn the ultimate bragging rights.

21 Grand Island (Grand Island, Neb.) 9-0-0 28
Grand Island slipped past Lincoln Southwest in PKs to win the conference tournament, and the schedule doesn't get any easier this week. The Islanders are slated to face No. 1 Creighton Prep on Saturday.

22 East Coweta (Sharpsburg, Ga.) 11-0-0 30
East Coweta was idle last week.

23 T.C. Williams (Alexandria, Va.) 4-0-1 24
The only goals allowed this year by T.C. Williams came last week in a 2-2 draw with Edison.

24 Oak Mountain (Birmingham, Ala.) 14-2-0 26
Oak Mountain, which has been on the fringe of the Top 25 the past few weeks, moved up following wins over Mountain Brook and Vestavia Hills.

25 Valley (West Des Moines, Iowa) 1-0-0 27
Jordan Lucas scored twice as West Des Moines Valley opened its season with a 5-1 win over Waukee. This week, Valley faces Millard West (Neb.) in a match that will help sort of the ranking order of the Midwest programs from those states.

26 St. Joseph's (Greenville, S.C.) 8-1-0 31

27 J.L. Mann (Greenville, S.C.) 7-1-0 32

28 Pius X (Lincoln, Neb.) 3-1-0 33

29 Forest Park (Woodbridge, Va.) 5-0-0 34

30 Oakton (Vienna, Va.) 5-0-0 34

31 Northwestern (Rock Hill, S.C.) 11-1-0 42

32 Fort Mill (Fort Mill, S.C.) 16-2-0 43

33 Farragut (Knoxville, Tenn.) 8-1-0 20

34 Myrtle Beach (Myrtle Beach, S.C.) 10-2-0 40

35 Redmond (Redmond, Wash.) 8-0-0 41

36 Davis (Kaysville, Utah) 4-1-0 36

37 Alta (Sandy, Utah) 5-1-0 37

38 Greater Atlanta Christian (Atlanta, Ga.) 11-0-2 39

39 White House (White House, Tenn.) 8-1-0 23

40 Jenks (Jenks, Okla.) 8-1-1 6

41 Brentwood (Brentwood, Tenn.) 3-1-2 35

42 Owasso (Owasso, Okla.) 1-0-2 44

43 Bixby (Bixby, Okla.) 5-1-1 45

44 South Lakes (Reston, Va.) 4-1-0 NR

45 Central Gwinnett (Lawrenceville, Ga.) 12-2-0 38

46 Union (Tulsa, Okla.) 3-1-0 49

47 Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, Okla.) 2-2-0 50

48 Brookwood (Snellville, Ga.) 10-2-1 NR

49 Baylor School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 7-0-2 9

50 Stadium (Tacoma, Wash.) 5-1-1 NR

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
2013 NIKE Palmetto Cup All-Tournament Team
Tyler Brazell, Brookland-Cayce
Joel Bunting, Bishop England
Erik Clark, Wando - MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Herbert Cojulun, Brookland-Cayce
Andrew Davis, Wando
Jason Hirsch, Fort Mill
Alistair Jones, Wando
Mason Lewis, Myrtle Beach
Koty Millard, Cardinal Newman
Steven Mitchell, Wando
Scottie Newman, Brookland-Cayce
Ross Rogers, Bishop England
Mason Strohl, Fort Mill
Bryson Tindal, Lexington

SELECTIONS
4 - Wando
3 - Brookland-Cayce
2 - Bishop England, Fort Mill
1 - Cardinal Newman, Dobyns-Bennett, Farragut, Lexington, Myrtle Beach

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 04/17/13 11:27 AM.
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
From CaptainU:

Kevin - Here are some of the stats we tracked for the Nike Palmetto Cup:

143 athletes registered to use the free tools, and 116 of those athletes targeted at least one college program for a total of 1,541 college programs targeted

55 athletes sent at least one message to a college coach for a total of 144 messages sent to coaches surrounding the tournament

College coaches sent 136 messages to the athletes surrounding the tournament.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard