Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Someone please help understand why a player who is considered U19 by birth date and is still a senior in high school can play in the SCSCL Challenge league with a U18/19 team, but can't play in State Cup (they have to be removed from the roster before State Cup)which means they can't play in Regionals if their team wins State Cup. They can't play in Region 3 Premier or Southern Premier League games. There are several players in this situation this year and from what I have heard will be several more next year and the years to come. If they are still in high school, why shouldn't we allow these players to play with their team whether it be Challenge League or Premier League. Just doesn't seem to make sense to "punish" a child because they are already 18 when the season starts and will turn 19 during their senior year.

D
Goal
Goal
D
The team can enter/play U-19 State Cup in Spring with the U-19 players on the roster, or U-18 State Cup in Fall without. But, it can only play in one or the other (a team can only play one State Cup in a given year).

I think last year was the first year SCYSA expanded U-18 to U-18/U-19 to give some of those teams an opportunity to play in a state league, and I was expecting to see some of those teams from last year enter U-19 Cup last Spring given Southern Regionals were in Greenville.

Link Copied to Clipboard