Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Talon Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Coaches - Do you like to have winter rye on your soccer field? If so, why?

C
Brace
Brace
C
YES! grass is dead by the time I start practice and so for the most part the fields I use would be dirt or mostly dirt, our practice fields have not grass down the middle from hash mark to hash mark after football get finished. Rye provides grass that is very playable and allows you to have a good surface to play on. As it gets warmer you do need to water it more often ,sometimes daily, but it will last till you season is over.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
YES!!!
Here at Clover, we had a change in crews. The new crew has our field looking like a professional field the first week of Feb. It is a little slick when the due settles, but the ball rolls very nicely. Others who have visited our field could probably comment on how our field looks and plays.

Khrys Dundr
Clover Mens Soccer

B
brace
brace
B
My advice to anyone seeking advice on field management would be to contact the folks at Ashley Ridge. Simply the best natural playing surface I've seen in the state, including colleges.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Winter Rye does make the field look good, but from the practical side - it gives you a better field with better coverage throughout the entire season. It helps protect the heavy use areas in the middle of the field, in front of the goal and the penalty spots. Overseed the high traffic areas will save your field for late in the year and for spring football.

Link Copied to Clipboard