Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Warrior Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Are there any soccer players making an impact on their HS football team? If so, who? Where?

B
brace
brace
B
The PK at West Ashley High School is Caroline Cashion, who's a pretty fair soccer player.

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Quote:

The PK at West Ashley High School is Caroline Cashion, who's a pretty fair soccer player.

No offense, but West Ashley is about as poor in football (HS wise) as Arkansas is in the NCAA!

B
brace
brace
B
Amazing comment given that:
1) The question wasn't: "Is anybody making an impact on their GOOD HS football team?";
2) The fact that she IS playing would SEEM to be a great story to me; and
3) From what I've seen, she CAN kick and she DOES tackle.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think being known as "the girl who beat John McKissick" is significant in anyone's book.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
brace
brace
B
Salient point.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Old Gal,I think your comment is rude! Our players work hard everyday to get better. Taking a cheap shot at them is unfair and in poor taste. Shame on you. Caroline is one of the most dedicated players you will ever meet and works as hard or harder than most. Stick to the question asked Please.

C
kick off
kick off
C
WoW, been away for awhile and just browsing notice the football blog and to my surprise, WoW.

This actually goes to the point of what most female athletes face today and the irony is that the biggest wall builders are females.

Caroline is extremely fortunate to have been accepted on the West Ashley Football teams this past season. Cudos to the administration, coaches, and players.

She had an extraordinary Sophomore season, In JV Football her team was undefeated and in Varsity Football she scored on Summerville, Goose Creek, and Gaffney in the playoffs to name a few. In soccer she served up the free kick that was headed in the goal that bounced Lexington from the playoffs so I think she has had some affect on her high school teams.

I, as her Dad, am very proud.

The classic part of this blog is the first person to take a stab at her was a female. I would think, Old Gal, would be happy anytime a young gal did something positive but sadly that is not the case. I don't know if it was lack of attention from daddy or just a severe inferiority complex or just plain jealousy. The doors are open for females and some are just being kicked in but it is a shame that some women are hiding inside holding on to the handle.

Last edited by CraigCashion; 09/28/12 08:22 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
any girl with the onions to play hs fball with the boys won't be bothered by a few anon knowitalls.
congrats to that kid though.

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard