Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
How did no one from Bluffton not get selected? The Bobcats are 33-3 the past 2.5 years and have DOMINATED during this time. Makes no sense to me especially when Hilton Head Island gets their quarterback on the team and BHS whipped them 80-14 several weeks ago. Hope S.C. loses to N.C.

http://www.thestate.com/2012/10/10/2475763/shrine-bowl-football-rosters-announced.html#.UHXvka7kCKI

S
goal
goal
S
blufton & goose creek should join the sec

C
Brace
Brace
C
Bluffton has had a very weak schedule the last 3 years, Most of the 33 wins are over 1a,2a and weak 3a teams. We will see how they do in the next few weeks when the step up and play other 4a teams. Too bad they refused to play any schools in region 7 this year. They would have 4 losses. Goose Creek would beat them by 50 and they would be lucky to score!

Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
Quote:

Bluffton has had a very weak schedule the last 3 years, Most of the 33 wins are over 1a,2a and weak 3a teams. We will see how they do in the next few weeks when the step up and play other 4a teams. Too bad they refused to play any schools in region 7 this year. They would have 4 losses. Goose Creek would beat them by 50 and they would be lucky to score!

Gotta disagree! Bluffton would crush any team from Region 7 except Goose Creek and those are two totally different styles. The Bobcats would still be better than Stratford and would definitely be better than anyone else. Only team as bad as Colleton County in Region 7 is West Ashley.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Benjamin Hinson a selection from Irmo High School is also a 2 year Varsity soccer player. Congratulations to all the young men.

M
brace
brace
M
Congrats Ben!!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
C
Brace
Brace
C
La Jaula,
How can you say that BHS would beat everyone in Region 7? Your coach had the chance and told ever football coach in Region 7, including WA and Colleton NO! Now lets look at who you beat this year, Wale Branch 1a , Ridgeland/Hadeville 1a, South Effingham GA , Wade Hampton 2A , James Island, HH and Beaufort. IF WA and Colleton played that schedule they would have 3-5 wins each. None of those teams are very strong! Heck Beaufort will be lucky if they win another game the rest of the season! I am not saying Bluffton is bad but when you don't play a 4a schedule the entire year, and you refuse to play teams in region 7 , by the way we have been playing each other every year for the last 13 years, then don't be surprised that your team doesn't have any one on the roster. Bluffton will be lucky if they have anyone picked for the north/south game. Not due to lack of talent but due to politics, when you dis you fellow coaches it will be hard to get votes for your player. Now who does BHS have left to play , lets see....
Ashley Ridge only 2 wins over Colleton and WA , Fort D only 3 wins Only one vs a winning record team Cane bay, losses aginst GC,Wando, Stratford. , Colleton County no wins and Summerville Has only wins against Fort, WA and Berkeley who is 1-6. so not a real hard schedule for them. So right now they will make play offs, look for them to lose 2nd round . If they bracket changes they could be out as early as round 1 vs a good West Flo. team . I will check back with you on this in say 4 weeks after the 1st round is over.
Peace out!

B
brace
brace
B
Any coach who wouldn't pick a kid for Shrine Bowl because of the team/coach he's affiliated with would be a major jack***. Then again, we are talking about H.S. FB coaches.

As to Region 7-AAAA, the combo of Goose Creek, Stratford, Wando and Cane Bay is pretty darn good, by any standard.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Backscreen , I agree but i have seen kids miss out due to this type of thinking in the last 22 years Football is very much a good ol boy system and it takes a lot of politicking to get you kid selected for the all star games.

B
brace
brace
B
How well I know.

S
goal
goal
S
good info coach j on the bluffton schedule, never noticed except the jacked up score, now i know why. whats the reasoning behind that pathetic schedule? no sympathy from me on the selections. bluffton leadership screwed their own kids by inflating their record evidently.

C
Brace
Brace
C
I not sure why Coach Cribb at Bluffton chose this path. It does not help them at all with playoff seeding. As of now they could be out in the first round! If they make it by that game then they get the play Goose Creek! That will be ugly! But hey they have to win a few more games in 4A first, the last game of the season should be interesting, at Summerville and Big John may be playing for win # 600!

S
goal
goal
S
bluffton squeeks over a fort d team having a down year by 1 point...very telling. wise up bluffton coach & schedule like a big boy.

S
goal
goal
S
blufton ranked 5th over nwestern,wando,stratford,dorman,blythewood.

B
brace
brace
B
Which is arguably a good case for the irrelevance of high school polls.

C
Brace
Brace
C
well Bluffton plays Summerville and gets beat! Welcome to 4A big boy football.

T
bench
bench
T
Do I detect some animosity from a West Ashley coach? 13 wins in 4 years and a 1-10 record this season. Bluffton has proven it is a very good football team the past 3 seasons with a 36-4 record including 10-1 in, as you say, "big boy football". WA is as bad these days in football as they are in boys soccer!

C
Brace
Brace
C
Hey lost boy, read all the posts, please. ... and why did you not join in this conversation weeks ago. I never put BHS . As far as soccer goes I have beat Bluffton 10 out of 11 times. Even in the bad years.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Here you go Lost one and lajoy read this and post on this site about you bobcats.
http://forum.palmettofootballtalk.com/vi...bd52217376429c3

Bluffotn is the first 10-1 team in 4A to not have a home game first round of play-offs. Why lack of points due to the schedule they played. Now you get to drive 4 hours on a Thursday night to play your game.

And as I called it on page one you get the play the Creek in the 2nd round. IF you get by S Flo.

Good luck.

K
bench
bench
K
blufton & goose creek should join the sec

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard