Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal

S
bench
bench
S
WOW!!! I figured as much. Some of these old school guys that have been doing this for years seem to be getting caught now. All I can say is it's about time.

S
goal
goal
S
goose creek supporters are whining about fairness on the football boards. no mention of all the teams who followed the rules & are no longer playing because the 4a brackets included the ineligible goose creek team...i guess its only unfair to the team/admin who made the mistake.
i hope the inelible player didnt play last season for all involved. should have to reinstate the goose creek opponent that lost last week at the very least.

I
goal
goal
I
Heard it was a special needs kid, who did not play. Just dressed. A "radio" with a uniform.

S
goal
goal
S
if thats the case hope they re-instate, unless the kids name is forest gump...

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Interesting reading about the Goose Creek situation. I think GC may have a pretty legit appeal case based on what he indicated on his transfer papers. I guess we'll know this evening the verdict.

Brace
Brace
It was a special needs kid and it was self-reported. Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, some of the above posters may have been a bit quick to judge.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
Kickoff
Kickoff
What constitutes a "special need"?

ADD/ADHD
Autism
Cerebral Palsy
Down Syndrome
Dyslexia
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Speech/Language Delays

Sorry, but this is semantics and all of these football programs that are cheating should reap what they sow!

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

What constitutes a "special need"?

white kid

B
brace
brace
B
Wayne, with respect. I would argue that several here (arguably myself included) are "quick to judge," precisely because the SCHSL, with its pattern of inaction and/or biased decisions, has forfeited it role as a credible arbiter and enforcer of rules.
Also, in Goose Creek's case, you have a football program with a substantial record of aggressively courting other schools' kids. (Translation: recruiting, and not just in FB.)
All that said, I expect the SCHSL and Jerome "I Know Where My Bread Is Buttered" Singleton to overturn the DQ and reinstate GC. If it were Summerville or Stratford, I'd be sure of it.
We'll see.

World Cup
World Cup

Brace
Brace

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

It was a special needs kid and it was self-reported. Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, some of the above posters may have been a bit quick to judge.

pot meet kettle.

& no special needs btw.

Brace
Brace
No mention in the article of the student's status does not constitute proof that he was not.

World Cup
World Cup
11/15/12

Goose Creek officially out of football playoffs; Bluffton will host Conway on Friday
The State

Interesting point:

The meeting was open to the public, but Goose Creek requested a closed session and reporters were forced to leave the room.

Jay Bender, an attorney for the S.C. Press Association, said the closed session violated the Freedom of Information Act.

"There was a lawsuit a number of years ago that determined the High School League was a public body," he said. "The closed hearing is in violation of the law. I don't understand it. It's a body that takes public money and holds private meetings. If they want to operate like that, they should become a private club."

S
goal
goal
S
regarding the special needs rumor, i'm pretty sure that would have been a major national headline & the leading defense plea for goose creek.
the kid played 4 yrs of football & hoops at berkely high, played in 10fb games at creek & registered for hoops this month which is how the discrepency was found. deduce what you will quick judger

Last edited by sandman; 11/15/12 03:54 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
in some circles they call it executive or administrative session which is closed to the public for many legit & legal reasons.
this might have been creeks attempt at protecting the kid in question is my guess.

Last edited by sandman; 11/15/12 03:56 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
evidently a foster kid that attended 7 high schools so you can see a problem arising with 7 admins involved i guess.
http://www.abcnews4.com/story/20106901/goose-creek-coach-sometimes-right-doesnt-prevail

Last edited by sandman; 11/15/12 04:04 PM.
Brace
Brace
Quote:

regarding the special needs rumor, i'm pretty sure that would have been a major national headline & the leading defense plea for goose creek.
the kid played 4 yrs of football & hoops at berkely high, played in 10fb games at creek & registered for hoops this month which is how the discrepency was found. deduce what you will quick judger

If he played that much ball at Berkeley HS, then how/why did Goose Creek folks not know that he may have used up his eligibility? Seems like Berkeley and Goose Creek may have crossed paths in football or basketball the last four years and you would think some of the coaches would recognize this player and ask "where did you come from?" or "did you play anywhere before enrolling here?"

B
brace
brace
B
The Goose Creek staff dropped the ball. You call up the coaching staff at Berkeley and find out the kid's story BEFORE you let him play. Period.
Now maybe folks at GCHS will take a long, hard look at St. Chuck and St. Jimmy and begin asking long-overdue questions about the school's overall and athletic administrations.
I don't mind the dog having a tail. It just shouldn't wag the dog.

S
goal
goal
S
i remain skeptical as to when GC realized their oversight.
maybe once they realized the mistake, they waited for the playoffs to hopefully use the nationally ranked & #1 team in the state, defending champs CARD to report in hopes of using that weight to get a slap on the wrist. just my half baked thought because the timing was weird...& well, because its high dollar football...

Last edited by sandman; 11/15/12 06:06 PM.
Brace
Brace
Quote:

The Goose Creek staff dropped the ball. You call up the coaching staff at Berkeley and find out the kid's story BEFORE you let him play. Period.
Now maybe folks at GCHS will take a long, hard look at St. Chuck and St. Jimmy and begin asking long-overdue questions about the school's overall and athletic administrations.
I don't mind the dog having a tail. It just shouldn't wag the dog.

AMEN!!!!

Brace
Brace
A judge has apparently just overturned the SCHSL banning of Goose Creek HS from the football playoffs! Breaking news on WCSC TV

Brace
Brace

S
goal
goal
S
in related news joye law firm just secured the rights to all future goose creek accidents & injuries..

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I bet the Chief Justice steps in before this evening and sides with SCHSL and reinstates the ban.

Kickoff
Kickoff
This is beyond laughable now. The whole system needs to be blown up. First off is the ridiculous notion of two champions for every classification except AAA. Then, since it election season and that I am a member of the "Vote Rascals Party", as in "Vote THOSE Rascals Out", if you have a voice with the SCHSL it is your duty that any current serving member is not reelected - ever. Finally, the SCHSL itself is an arcane body that needs to be done away with entirely. Let high school administrators govern their membership instead of these unqualified folks that unabashedly kowtow to certain schools, programs, and individuals.

Brace
Brace
Despite Goose Creek's win last night over Bluffton, don't be surprised if this decision is overturned on Monday and Bluffton will be back in the playoffs. Unreal turn of events and really a sad light on high school athletics in this state.

S
goal
goal
S
i dont understand why the schsl doesnt re-instate conway for a playoff game against bluffton in this whole sordid mess.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Agreed. Even though it would be tough for teams, it would be nice if they could schedule a game between Bluffton and Conway on Friday then the winner play again against Northwestern Saturday.

World Cup
World Cup

11/20/12

Goose Creek gives up fight; Reedy considers resigning
Philip Bowman, The Post and Courier

Reedy did not say when he would make a decision. He said if he does resign, he will be out of the coaching profession for good.

“I’m not as diplomatic as Mr. Huskey, but I spend 3-1/2 hours looking at puppets,” Reedy said, referring to the High School League’s executive committee.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
He thinks he is looking at puppets!?!?!?!
He doesn't have to deal with OT and PKs in regular season games, instead of ties. He gets a computer system to select and seed tournaments, instead of a crazy predetermined bracket with 8 and 5 team regions. He doesn't have an all-white home jersey rule. He doesn't have his state final played on a postage stamp of a field, instead of at USC.

Just another reason that each sport's association should make the rules for their sport (schssca for soccer, etc for basketball) then report to the SCHSL with their decisions!!! Let the people who know the game, rule the game.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal

S
goal
goal
S
goose creek defenses to date:
1.not our fault, we didnt know kid was ineligible.
2.kid is eligible
3.kid is disabled

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Nice try Goose Creek-That law has nothing to do with the situation at hand- the case should be summarily dismissed by the Judge-playing football is not a right it is a privilege-somebody needs to tell the two ambulance chasers representing GC to stick to personal injury law

S
goal
goal
S
why does the state have two 4A football champs anyway?

G
Throw In
Throw In
G
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard