Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
bench
bench
V
Players overseas (Europe/SA) are exposed to adult professional level competition starting at around age 15-16 years old if the player is big and strong enough. They give them little/by little exposure so that when they are 18/19/20 they can step into their 1st team professional lineups and star or at least contribute to the 1st team.

Some of these 18-year-olds who either do not make it to the next level but received professional level training until age 18 or who just decided to want to go to college instead or before turning pro might come to the USA and be at least a few steps ahead of the typical American ODP player who has been training 2x per week against other U-19 boys and being coached by a coach who is really not as experienced or knowledgeable as he tells everyone he is.

Learn more about how American's can get real professional training in Europe, South America (Brazil), and in German Bundesliga teams at http://venturacountyfc.com.

Nick Ledesma is born and raised in southern California and is now playing in the U-19 German Bundesliga for Alemannia Aachen. He started and played 75 minutes against Borussia Dortmund's U-19 last week.

B
brace
brace
B
Followed U.S. college soccer on and off for over 30 years. Here to tell you, as good as foreign-trained "imports" CAN be, they are not uniformly so. Just like any other group of kids. Over time, I've seen plenty of foreign "mistakes" on college rosters. The difference is, they're the ones soaking up an inordinate proportion of limited grant-in-aid resources. Caveat emptor.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Alma,

Genuinely interested to hear what you have to say about the champions league performances of the German teams after you said this about them:

" is just bunch of dudes out-muscling and wrestling each other for the long ball, painful to watch for most of us."

Cheers!

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
That's funny right there.

corner kick
corner kick
You know since I grew up playing for a club where all we talked was national championship, I grew up with that mentality.

I think Mourinho has done great things, he is a great tactician, he is a great great defensive coach, a great counter attacking coach. A great coach for English Premier football teams where there is not much skill and flair.

Mourinho is not for Madrid.

I gone make it short.

Madrid had about 50 fouls and about 50 unnecesary crosses. That is not what Madrid its all about, that is not what "latin" futbol its all about.

I cant wait for Mourinho to leave so we can get a coach more suited for Madrid. An attacking coach who doesnt send 50 crosses every game and who actually tell his players to play clean.

The image of Madrid is going down hill bc of the "Special" one.

As far as the Germans, they are great teams.

Club of the century.
corner kick
corner kick
btw, the Salvadoran-American community are doing big things.

The first player on the U.S. under-15 boys national team to move to Europe is Joshua Perez. The nephew of former U.S. World Cup player and current U.S. under-14 national team coach Hugo Perez moved to Fiorentina in Italy on a three-year contract after training at such clubs at AC Milan.

Joshua Perez, who can play any attacking position or in midfield, is considered one of the most skilled players to come along at his age. He played for Chivas USA in the Development Academy before signing with Fiorentina.

The high school freshman had verbally committed to UCLA, but few expected him to wait to turn pro.

Perez, who also reportedly signed a deal with Nike, is with the U-15s for the Trofeo Delle Nazioni in Grandisca.

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 05/06/13 06:22 AM.

Club of the century.
B
brace
brace
B
There is a bigger picture, Re: UEFA CL. Truth is, the Germans have invested gigantic sums in recent years on their youth system. There appears to be a vision. Neither purely technical, nor purely physical, but BOTH. Truth is, you needn't be 5-8, 145 to be a technical genius. All things even roughly equal on the technical scale, give me the bigger, faster, more athletic guys, and I'll beat you more often than not.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Interesting thought however almost half of Bayern's current players (13 of 28) aren't German and Dortmund's leading goal scorer is Polish. So yes I agree the Germans are spending a lot of money but it is for established players and not their own youth. You would have a valid argument if the German National Team was stacking up World Cups.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Oh and I forgot Pep is Spanish last I checked

B
brace
brace
B
True. And Barca's top scorer is Argentine. And RM's is Portuguese. Your comment about the German youth system is incorrect. It's fairly common knowledge that they are spending gross (and increasing) sums on domestic player development, and clearly producing very good young players ... many of whom are on Bayern or Dortmund.
Now, it's POSSIBLE the UCL results are merely a coincidence, or a "golden generation." These things happen. For me, I see method in the madness.
I also see the Guardiola hiring as a decision to take the next logical step: 1) Physical; 2) Technical; 3) Tactical.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard