Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#160702 01/17/13 11:06 PM
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Harry, how has ECNL helped with players being recruited? How many u-17s(95s) have committed? This late in the process most should be done.

R
bench
bench
R
Most U-17s should be done?!?!? Holy Crap!!!! The Southeast Conference leaders in U-17 only have 5 committed according to their ECNL website. They should panic!

Seriously though, why do you say 'most should be done'? Why do so many coaches go see U-17 teams in ECNL Sanford and Dallas events then if most should be done? Of all these colleges having ID camps this time of year, are they all just inviting U-16s and U-15s? Do services like Captain U only market to players below U-17?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
they should be done or they are behind in the game. many colleges are finished with their 2014s. either they have no money left for that year or the money is disappearing real fast. so maybe i should of said if you are a u17 then you should hurry before the money is gone. if you do not care about any money then no need to hurry. not sure why you would spend money on ecnl if you do not care about the money. college coaches do go to these events to watch their committed players play and recruit the younger ages. just because they are at a u17 game does not mean they are still recruiting at that age.
but my question for harry was how has ecnl helped with getting players recruited? how many u17s from cesa committed?

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
I don't remember more than 3 or 4 of the U-18's (94's) being committed at this time last year. The vast majority committed later in the spring. I don't think anyone can argue the girls playing ECNL are getting more exposure. I think we should also remember that ECNL has still been around less than 5 years. Let a couple of cycles go through before we pass judgement. I haven't heard any parents complain about being left behind or the school of choice not having any money available.

R
bench
bench
R
Hard Headed,

So, if I told you that I saw a U-17 game with 30 coaches at it; would you tell me that of the 30 players involved in the game (22 kids on the field and 4 on each bench), most were already committed to one of the 30 schools watching?

And if I told you that at the same event I saw a U-15 game with 6 coaches at it, would you tell me that all the other coaches were off getting a hot dog?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

I don't remember more than 3 or 4 of the U-18's (94's) being committed at this time last year. The vast majority committed later in the spring. I don't think anyone can argue the girls playing ECNL are getting more exposure. I think we should also remember that ECNL has still been around less than 5 years. Let a couple of cycles go through before we pass judgement. I haven't heard any parents complain about being left behind or the school of choice not having any money available. [/quote)

Im not saying they are not getting exsposure. They are getting pleanty and that is my point. seems if ecnl is all that then why are not more committed. Ecnl is not the only place where players are getting exsposure.
I dont buy the argument about how long ecnl has been around. it is made out on here and other places that ecnl is where you have to be and that is not a fact.if ecnl is where all the coaches are going to watch then the less than 5 year argumaent is stupid.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/18/13 04:26 AM.
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Hard Headed,

So, if I told you that I saw a U-17 game with 30 coaches at it; would you tell me that of the 30 players involved in the game (22 kids on the field and 4 on each bench), most were already committed to one of the 30 schools watching?

And if I told you that at the same event I saw a U-15 game with 6 coaches at it, would you tell me that all the other coaches were off getting a hot dog?

well i guess ecnl is not the top place to be by what you are saying. was just at disney and i know in one game we played there was the 13 players from our team that has committed and most of the opposing team had. were alot more coaches watching the younger ages than what you say were watching the younger ecnl teams. maybe were not getting a hot dog but must of been at the porta potty

R
bench
bench
R
Wow. 13 players on your U-17 team have committed already? Your team must be very good. Which team is it? How have they done this year?

I take it you're obviously not in the ECNL. So you must have been at the top of R3PLE? Or, if not, you won your state's top league? I'm guessing you won your state cup and we'll see you at regionals?

D
Goal
Goal
D
I've seen that team's list of commitments... it's pretty good.

Hard Headed, just curious how many of the players on that team stayed active with NC ODP?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Wow. 13 players on your U-17 team have committed already? Your team must be very good. Which team is it? How have they done this year?

I take it you're obviously not in the ECNL. So you must have been at the top of R3PLE? Or, if not, you won your state's top league? I'm guessing you won your state cup and we'll see you at regionals?

Reebok they are a pretty good team but not state champs. Didnt even make final 4. Do not play R3PLE just the NC state league. Alot better teams in NC than there are in SC.Thats not bashing SC but it has been a fact for a long time.
Why do you think teams with alot of committments has to be state champs or something?
You would think the ECNL teams with all the hype and the presumption that it is the end all would have tons of committed players by now no matter if they won state or not. Looks like some clubs are working harder to get players exsposure other than taking their parents money to play in ECNL and just sticking a kid on the field. Got to have good training and that is not happening at every club.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard