Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
B
brace
brace
B
Over time, my son was pretty actively courted by several clubs other than his own. My sense was that those clubs were far more concerned about W's and L's than about high-quality training, and my son's overall welfare/future. Clubs were selling State Cups; not a high-quality, holistic approach to the club soccer experience.
Several kids bought the pitch, spent tons of hours on the road for training, or periodically trained in an un-challenging environment locally, and ultimately won a State Cup. Were they somehow better players than previously? Not that I could see. Indeed, you could make the case that some guys at their home club became better players in their absence.
So, what am I driving at?
If you're looking for "exposure" for your kid, and hoping it results in an athletic grant-in-aid, there are a bunch of clubs in the region that offer roughly the same product. The problem is, unless a player has been properly trained, that exposure is ultimately counter-productive.
When "shopping" for a club, ASK questions and PRESS for answers. Focus on the quality of the TRAINING experience and environment, as opposed to who players where and wins what.
Then, invest a few bucks in sending your kid to good, competitive college camps, where you can be SURE coaches will see and evaluate them.
Right now, some clubs (you decide who) are bottling and selling hope to unknowing parents. It's up to you to figure out which ones.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G

This girls team was arguably the best girls team to ever come out of CESA, so it's safe too say by looking at the colleges listed below that these girls were not rewarded by being recruited by the who's who in girls college soccer. Looks like the girls we're rewarded based on academics, not soccer, which is good.CESA needs to do a better job of getting better soccer schools to come watch their ECNL teams play.CESA might be going to ECNL events, but it doesn't look like college coaches are aware their there.

Quote:

How's Wake Forest?

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/girls-soccer/post/_/id/2665/wake-forest-picks-up-cesa-defender

I have also heard that the U18 players have committed to USC, UNCG, University of Richmond, Penn, but we'll know the entire list in a couple of weeks.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
"The other thing is that alot (not all) cesa parents whose kids were on the top teams had an arrogance, over confidence or false sense of security that just because their kid plays for cesa on the top team that coaches are foaming out the mouth to come watch them play and recruite them. It does not work that way. I know someone will be mad about me saying that but remember i was one at one time also." quoted from Hardheaded.

Maybe the parents arrogance comes from the top.

Meaning, the Club.

The CESA management crowd, has plenty of it.

B
brace
brace
B
Parents being parents.
Most are clueless.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard