Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

I've seen that team's list of commitments... it's pretty good.

Hard Headed, just curious how many of the players on that team stayed active with NC ODP?

Since we were scodp im not sure the total number of players from that team that did odp but it was a large part of them. I know a handful did it last year but not sure if any are doing it this last year.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Wow. 13 players on your U-17 team have committed already? Your team must be very good. Which team is it? How have they done this year?

I take it you're obviously not in the ECNL. So you must have been at the top of R3PLE? Or, if not, you won your state's top league? I'm guessing you won your state cup and we'll see you at regionals?

Reebok i forgot in my last reply that mine played 3 years in ECNL.I know how it works.

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

Quote:

Hard Headed,

So, if I told you that I saw a U-17 game with 30 coaches at it; would you tell me that of the 30 players involved in the game (22 kids on the field and 4 on each bench), most were already committed to one of the 30 schools watching?

And if I told you that at the same event I saw a U-15 game with 6 coaches at it, would you tell me that all the other coaches were off getting a hot dog?

well i guess ecnl is not the top place to be by what you are saying. was just at disney and i know in one game we played there was the 13 players from our team that has committed and most of the opposing team had. were alot more coaches watching the younger ages than what you say were watching the younger ecnl teams. maybe were not getting a hot dog but must of been at the porta potty

I don't know how many coaches are at each of these games in each age group. Mine was a hypothetical scenario used to disagree with your train of thought. You seemed to suggest that most u-17s should be committed by now and that most college coaches watching a u-17 game are probably watching their own players who have previously committed to them. I'm suggesting that that doesn't make much sense to me, certainly not when I've seen sidelines full of coaches at u-17 games. The numbers don't add up.

What also doesn't make sense to me, is this team that you're talking about. Let me see if I can follow your logic: the top teams from historically the best two clubs in NC play in the ECNL, the next two teams based on the previous year's state cup played R3PLE, the next 8-10 teams in NC play in the NC league (where you were), your team is full of very good players (13 have committed, yet only 5 from CSA have and apparently 8 from CASL have); and you didn't even make the semifinals of NC? Something doesn't add up.

Continuing to follow your logic when you say that NC has better teams than SC. That's probably true. I see in the u-17 ECNL that the two NC teams are 1st and 2nd and they are ahead of the SC team. But of the NC teams that are left, (take CASL and CSA out of the mix) and how do they compare? Last year I believe the SC team you're questioning competed in regionals, as did the NC state champion and the SC team won and went onto nationals. I believe they also competed in R3PLE as did 3-4 NC teams. SC finished ahead of all of them I believe. Shouldn't we see this year's NC state champion win regionals? or at least come very close? If they don't, and they finished very far ahead of your team, what does that mean? By the way, do the teams that finished ahead of you in NC have 14 committed players?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hard Headed,

So, if I told you that I saw a U-17 game with 30 coaches at it; would you tell me that of the 30 players involved in the game (22 kids on the field and 4 on each bench), most were already committed to one of the 30 schools watching?

And if I told you that at the same event I saw a U-15 game with 6 coaches at it, would you tell me that all the other coaches were off getting a hot dog?

well i guess ecnl is not the top place to be by what you are saying. was just at disney and i know in one game we played there was the 13 players from our team that has committed and most of the opposing team had. were alot more coaches watching the younger ages than what you say were watching the younger ecnl teams. maybe were not getting a hot dog but must of been at the porta potty

I don't know how many coaches are at each of these games in each age group. Mine was a hypothetical scenario used to disagree with your train of thought. You seemed to suggest that most u-17s should be committed by now and that most college coaches watching a u-17 game are probably watching their own players who have previously committed to them. I'm suggesting that that doesn't make much sense to me, certainly not when I've seen sidelines full of coaches at u-17 games. The numbers don't add up.

What also doesn't make sense to me, is this team that you're talking about. Let me see if I can follow your logic: the top teams from historically the best two clubs in NC play in the ECNL, the next two teams based on the previous year's state cup played R3PLE, the next 8-10 teams in NC play in the NC league (where you were), your team is full of very good players (13 have committed, yet only 5 from CSA have and apparently 8 from CASL have); and you didn't even make the semifinals of NC? Something doesn't add up.

Continuing to follow your logic when you say that NC has better teams than SC. That's probably true. I see in the u-17 ECNL that the two NC teams are 1st and 2nd and they are ahead of the SC team. But of the NC teams that are left, (take CASL and CSA out of the mix) and how do they compare? Last year I believe the SC team you're questioning competed in regionals, as did the NC state champion and the SC team won and went onto nationals. I believe they also competed in R3PLE as did 3-4 NC teams. SC finished ahead of all of them I believe. Shouldn't we see this year's NC state champion win regionals? or at least come very close? If they don't, and they finished very far ahead of your team, what does that mean? By the way, do the teams that finished ahead of you in NC have 14 committed players?

Reebok im going to try and answer your questions the best i can.
First i will say that the two so called best teams in NC(i guess we will say that since everyone thinks that the ecnl teams are the best in their states) probably were not the best in NC this past year. I do not believe either one of them would of won state.With having a older daughter that played several years in NC i can say that to me the NC state champ this year was one of the best teams i have seen in a long time. Not sure either ecnl NC team could beat them.As a matter of fact i know the CSA ECNL team lost to some NC premier teams in friendlies. I know it was friendlies or college showcase games but still a loss.
As far as this past years two R3PLE east teams from NC , neither were anywhere close to being one of the top teams in NC.
As far as the team mine plays on it is like this. No they are not the best team in NC. Top four at best. Top 5 if you throw in the two ECNL teams. nc is not like SC. You have more games to play to get to the State championship. If you have a bad game and do not play well then you have no one to blame but yourself. Got knocked out of making the final 4 by the eventual state champions who like i said before is one of the best teams i have seen in NC in a long time.
The NC state league is alot stronger than what R3PLE has come to. It is not what is was in years past so using that carries no weight. Im not sure what doesnt add up to you. Maybe if we have so many more commited than some higher ranked teams then it looks like the club mine is with is doing a better job at getting the kids exsposure/recruited.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hard Headed,

Reebok here is the list. I still believe that if kids are playing ECNL they should be commited long before others.Here is the team and number of players commited to each.

LSU-1
OLE MISS-3
TENN-1
STETSON-1
UNCG-1
APP STATE-2
WINTHROP-1
MARSHALL-1
USC UPSTATE-1
There is one more but can not remember which school.Slips my mind right now.Im not saying that players that are commited are better than players that are not. I am saying that not all ECNL teams are better than non ECNL teams. My question is , does this mean that maybe some clubs are working harder to get the exsposure and get kids recruited than some other clubs are. Just being in ECNL does not mean a player will get recruited. There is alot more to it than that.I have one playing in college now so i know there is more to it.

if i didnt respond to all your questons just let me know

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
By the way Reebok. Dont go down the winning reginals last year road

R
bench
bench
R
Ok, so the NC state champion is really that good. I'm assuming they will have a very good showing this summer. Were they down at Disney also? How did they do?

Maybe your club is doing that good of a job getting kids exposure and getting them recruited. Are the 18s all committed? How about the 16s?

R
bench
bench
R
Nevermind, I just looked it up. TUSA beat PDA's second team, lost to a team from Southern Ohio and lost to Michigan Hawks' second team

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Ok, so the NC state champion is really that good. I'm assuming they will have a very good showing this summer. Were they down at Disney also? How did they do?

Maybe your club is doing that good of a job getting kids exposure and getting them recruited. Are the 18s all committed? How about the 16s?

Not sure if they went to disney or not. We did and finished 2 wins and 2 ties.
Not sure about 18s and 16s. I know the 16s or 15s one was the state champs.
The guy that took over the club and is our coach is finishing his second year.
I would say our club is doing that good of a job. when you have 20 coaches coming in for practice im sure they are not just coming in on their own.
The NC state champs were and i guess still are coached by a former UNC womens player who was on the National team if i am not mistaken.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Nevermind, I just looked it up. TUSA beat PDA's second team, lost to a team from Southern Ohio and lost to Michigan Hawks' second team

Not sure who they played or if they did.our team is lake norman. you can look it up also. you said cesa had 5 commited from the 17s. i knew of 4 so where did the 5th commit to? ecnl kids should be commited or close to it by now. 4 or 5 players is not a good showing.
you know reebok. harry changed his username to (truth) or something but you are starting to sound alot like him. or just another parent up their butt.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard