Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Ok, so the NC state champion is really that good. I'm assuming they will have a very good showing this summer. Were they down at Disney also? How did they do?

Maybe your club is doing that good of a job getting kids exposure and getting them recruited. Are the 18s all committed? How about the 16s?

sorry reebok i forgot one thing. the list of coaches i posted, most said they are done with their 2014s. that is why i brought up about commiting by now.

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

Quote:

Nevermind, I just looked it up. TUSA beat PDA's second team, lost to a team from Southern Ohio and lost to Michigan Hawks' second team

Not sure who they played or if they did.our team is lake norman. you can look it up also. you said cesa had 5 commited from the 17s. i knew of 4 so where did the 5th commit to? ecnl kids should be commited or close to it by now. 4 or 5 players is not a good showing.
you know reebok. harry changed his username to (truth) or something but you are starting to sound alot like him. or just another parent up their butt.

I actually said the Southeast Conference leaders in ECNL had 5. They should panic according to you. I don't know about other teams. I only know what I can look up.

So you talked to most of the coaches on the list you put up about their 2014 class? That's interesting. "up their butt" was interesting too.

When did your daughter commit? This year, last year? Which one of those schools is she going to?

R
bench
bench
R
The list of schools you provided is actually very impressive. You'll have to keep us updated on these players' college careers. Again, it just doesn't add up: you have 13 players committed to some very good programs (and some average ones) but looking at your results you tied a NH team in Disney that lost 5-1 to the '4th ranked' team in East NY. You tied the '3rd ranked' team from WI. (not exactly a traditional soccer powerhouse state) You then managed to pull off a 1-0 win over the '17th ranked' team in Florida who has lost 8 of it's last 12 games. Finally, ending Disney with a 2-1 win over another NY East team ('ranked' 5th in that half of the state) who has won 4 of their last 10 games. Shouldn't your results be better with so many kids committed to SEC schools? And I'm still confused about how a team loaded with such players isn't making the semifinals of a state whose 'top two' teams aren't in the competition and the rest of the teams couldn't finish higher than lowly SC in R3PLE last year or in regionals.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Still not sure what doesnt add up to you. You are trying to go by wins and losses as to what confusses you on where these kids are going to play at in college. As far as keeping up with their careers you will have to do that your self. Not sure of the ranks of teams we play are but rankings have never meant to much. You play who you play mo matter what rank they are. Its kinda like cesa winning reginals last year when all the supposidly good teams not there anymore because of ecnl. It just kinda makes my point that some clubs are not all about taking your money to play in a so called top league but are really working for the kids. That includes training and all. Not just putting them out on a field. Maybe what you should look at what is not adding up is why the ecnl teams do not have more players signed.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok didnt say i talked to them but i can see how you tookbit that way. From some of the parents those schools are done. The one mine is going to said they are done also

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
reebok
to show you rankings mean nothing. cesa 17s lost or tied in ecnl to teams that are ranked lower than we are by gotsoccer. so why is it so hard for you to understand why we have many commited players? doesnt have anything to do with how good a team is or what league they play in.
i think it is just some clubs are working harder for the players. such as coaches and the club in general contacting schools and getting schools out to practice and such.
what would you rather have? a club putting in the effert with great training, playing in the likes of disney,casl and so fourth getting coaches out to practices and players committing and it doesnt cost much. or would you want playing in a so called top league but not getting all that. and a high price tag. just a general question. dont forget that odp was a good place for that but seems to have fallen off some.
so it takes me back to my original question somewhat. why is so many players commiting from a lesser team in your eyes and not from the ecnl teams. you can say what you want. the later the year goes the less 2014 money there will be.the 2014 spots will fill up and someone will get left out.

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

Still not sure what doesnt add up to you.
Quote:

Here are the things that aren't adding up for me:

First and foremost: You are saying that most U-17s should be committed by now, yet the top ranked team in the Southeast ECNL has only 5 players committed. The second place team has 8-10, depending on who you ask. The third ranked team has 6 committed players. That doesn't add up.

Second: Yes, I do expect there to exist a corelation between having 8 players good enough to play in the SEC and SoCon and having success on the field at U-17. You are telling me that your team has those talented players and good training. Yet, I believe that your overall results have been mediocre in a mediocre league. That doesn't add up.

Finally: You continue to bring up CESA's U-17 team and you continue to question how good the ECNL is. So let's look at it: CESA won regionals last year and did well at nationals having 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw. They were the only current ECNL team in the competitions. In ECNL this year, they have 7 wins 5 losses and 6 draws. Albion was in regionals last year and lost to CESA in the semifinals. Yet in ECNL this year, they have 8 wins, 6 losses and 4 draws. Both of these teams were extremely succussful in USYSA last year and have been average, just barely above .500. Yet, you would tell us that the ECNL is not any tougher/better than playing R3PLE or the NC statewide league. That doesn't add up.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I've read this whole thread about college commitments and the U17 ECNL team. But, in the end it would seem that we should be looking at the U18 team. Does it matter when they make the verbal commitment (maybe they have several options and are weighing all of them or maybe they just haven't let the world know they have made that verbal commitment)? Every player but one on the U18 team is committed. I'm impressed with that (I am also impressed with the list of commitments from HH's daughter's team). Whether or not the U17 will look the same later in the spring is yet to be seen. But, it does seem that ECNL has worked out for the players that were U14 when ECNL began.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Why not name the team so commits can be verified-only team mentioned with a top 50 program is Tennessee and only one player committed there

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Why not name the team so commits can be verified-only team mentioned with a top 50 program is Tennessee and only one player committed there

I can only go by what I've heard, but I do trust that all but one of the U18 ECNL team is committed. In a few weeks we will know for sure that the players actually signed and where they are going. Until then I have no reason to think otherwise.

This whole top 50 thing is a bit ridiculous too. Players choose a school for a lot of reasons, and many choose it for academics, as they should. If they aren't in a program that was in the top 50 this year, it doesn't necessarily mean they are settling.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard