Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok
i never said the nc state league is as strong as ecnl league. if i remember right i did say it was better than R3PLE. mine played ecnl for 3 years as you know. the ecnl league is not as strong as people think. just about any club can get in these days. we have played and i have seen teams play this year,not just nc teams that are better than what i saw mine play against in ecnl league. in the ecnl league you play some teams that are very good, average and some that should not be there. remember reebok we were part of ecnl. i know what the ecnl league is like. reebok since you like rankings so much look at the teams cesa played in ecnl league and tell me what their average rank is. i know one team is ranked like 660 nationaly. see which teams that beat and lost to. it was you that brought up rankings so by your standards if you look at the rankings of teams in cesas part of the league then ecnl is not that strong.
i can help you with a few on the u17s. between 5 teams i looked up cesa 17s were 3 wins 3 ties and 2 losses against them. their state ranks were :
4,2,5,7 and 12
their region ranks were:
24,90,25,22 and 37
their national rank was :
156,505,159,151 and 228.
like i said . since you like bringing up rankings so much look at the combined rankings of teams the 17s played in ecnl and then you can see how strong it is by your definition. i think rankings are a joke but.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Why not name the team so commits can be verified-only team mentioned with a top 50 program is Tennessee and only one player committed there

if you go back and look i think i did mention the team and club. you can call and confirm it if you like.from i was told last night that 2 more were have or were going to commite this weekend.cant confirm that.like i said in other post these rankings mean very little except for seeding , ego boosters and for the top few teams in the country. there are school not in there that play a harder schedule than some of the smaller schools and then there are smaller schools that are better than big schools but dont get the love.
my question for you is do tou think players shouldnt go to a school beacause of its soccer ranking?
you can ask deltdog and a few others on here. i may piss some people off on here on purpose but not going to lie. the list is for real.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/20/13 08:12 PM.
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
my original question was to get harry,truth or reebok, what ever he is going by these days to tell us how parents spending a ton of money for average training was helping in the recruitment process. i know players commite at different times but my point was that if ecnl is all it is talked up to be then many more players should be commited.not talking about any other league just ecnl players. there are alot of good players at cesa and i do not think they are doing enough for these kids as far as getting them recruited and to schools they may rather go to other than where they end up. years ago when we played R3PLE for several years with cesa there was no ecnl. cesa worked their butts off to train and win state so they could get their teams and players in front of college coaches at places like disney,casl and others. that was a big selling point to get players to drive from all over the state to play for cesa.
now cesa knows that no matter what, by being in ecnl their teams and players will play at events loaded with college coaches.that with very little effort on cesas part and a high price tag to the parents.
you can do the same thing playing at disney and casl. so now that cesa has no girl state champs will those players from the midlands and low country stop the long drive to greenville and stay home to play on teams that can get them in front of college coaches at the big tournys and at a lot cheaper price tag.
just looks like to me or i know it does from about 6 years with cesa that cesas direction they chose to go in was for cesas benifit and not the players.
i would say sc united mp came out the best. they kept working at it and are now where cesa once was.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/20/13 08:33 PM.
R
bench
bench
R
Probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Well done. Wow.

R
bench
bench
R
Post deleted by Kyle Heise

B
bench
bench
B
Quote:

Harry, how has ECNL helped with players being recruited? How many u-17s(95s) have committed? This late in the process most should be done.

Ohhhh I get it now! You're trying to figure out if any of the 17s got a better deal than LSU!

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok i will answer this the best i can on my phone. Called the coach a mf. Dont know if i am welcome or not at csa. Left on our own free will. Cost to much. Wasnt going to poor house for soccer. Never played at csa but one year. Before cesa played on basically a rec team. Came back to cesa because the coach called and offered a spot even thought she hadnt tried out. Even before try outs. Did go out on field and was pissed atref. Something i shouldnt of done. Game ended and mine was hurt and ref told not to got to her. Wrong thing to do. As far as the rest of your stuff not sure how to answer some of it but dont back away from what you brought up. You base all your opinions on rankings so go add it all up then tell where the difference is of who played who and where they are ranked. Sounds like ancop out on your part if you ask me.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
How's Wake Forest?

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/girls-soccer/post/_/id/2665/wake-forest-picks-up-cesa-defender

I have also heard that the U18 players have committed to USC, UNCG, University of Richmond, Penn, but we'll know the entire list in a couple of weeks.

R
bench
bench
R
Oh, you called the coach a MF. Either way, I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity. Seriously, absolutely legendary stories.

And again, I'm certainly not arguing with you. I'm really not. I just thought I based most of my opinions on other things. For instance, the fact that CSA and CASL put their top teams in ECNL and their 2nd teams in either R3PLE or NC Premier League; and the fact that CESA was second in R3PLE and won regionals, but were only a little above .500 in ECNL last year and this year. And the fact that you're saying most U-17s should be committed but CSA, CASL, VSI and CESA don't have 'most' of their U-17s committed. But again, you're right, I'm taking your word for it over their track records, I'm definitely NOT arguing with you. Don't want you coming after me too.

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

How's Wake Forest?

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/girls-soccer/post/_/id/2665/wake-forest-picks-up-cesa-defender

I have also heard that the U18 players have committed to USC, UNCG, University of Richmond, Penn, but we'll know the entire list in a couple of weeks.

It says that article was posted 4/26/12. So that would have been in April of her U-17 year, is that correct? So, Wake Forest still had room in April for that class? Interesting.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard