Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok casl has 11 commited from what was told today. You brought records,rankings and that you couldnt understand how out team has so many commited. I jst asked you to look at the rankings of the teams cesa 17s played so far this year in ecnl. It was for benefit to show you that rankings mean nothing. You are just trying to change the subject to keep from the reality. Never said ecnl was bad but it is not what it is made out to be.just go do the math on the rankings. Youndid bring it up so stop dodgeing it

R
bench
bench
R
I actually agree with you. Rankings are ridiculous. TUSA, who you said is one of the best teams you've ever seen is 3rd in NC. North Meck is ranked ahead of them even though TUSA won the NC league and State Cup, and North Meck (like Lake Norman) didn't make the semifinals. CASL's first team and CSA's first team aren't anywhere to be found in the rankings. (because they don't get any USYSA 'points' by playing in the ECNL against other clubs' top teams)

Again, I'm not arguing. I'm agreeing with you. These rankings are ridiculous. I believe I even said so in another thread where someone mentioned the "11th ranked team in the nation" and they turned out to have lost something like 6 of their last 10 games. By the way, checking today, this "11th ranked team in the nation" has somehow moved up to #10 after going 0-3 at Disney. So, I'm not 'dodgeing' it, I'm agreeing with you.

Do you agree with me that CASL and CSA put their top teams in ECNL and their second teams in other leagues, including R3PLE and NC Premier?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok i will agree that casl and csa has their top teams in ecnl. Tusa is ranked 3rd in the state because north meck and winston salem played in r3ple. We play a team sunday from up north that by some ranking is number 1 in the country. I will let you knownif they live up to that.

O
throw in
throw in
O
From my observation I would say that player development and staying focused on what is best for the children ( because they are after all still children ) should be at the forefront of what clubs do. Team success doesn't always need to be measured by wins and losses or by who commits to where. Are the players learning? Are their skills progressing? Are they being appropriately challenged? Are they happy? It is easy to see who really cares about the success of the player vs running a business.
I don't agree with comparing where children choose to play or not to each other. When to make this choice is subject to each individual's needs. It is my hope that all who wish to continue playing may! Why not celebrate the accomplishments of these great players from our state?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Harry, how has ECNL helped with players being recruited? How many u-17s(95s) have committed? This late in the process most should be done.

Ohhhh I get it now! You're trying to figure out if any of the 17s got a better deal than LSU!

. K. Boots sorry i dint see your post until now but i hope all of them get great deals and get to go on and play in college. Not sure what u mean by better offer. Mine got a good deal

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/21/13 02:15 AM.
R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

Reebok i will agree that casl and csa has their top teams in ecnl. Tusa is ranked 3rd in the state because north meck and winston salem played in r3ple. We play a team sunday from up north that by some ranking is number 1 in the country. I will let you knownif they live up to that.

Is it Match Fit? According to gotsoccer, Match Fit is ranked #1 nationally. It also says that the last game they played was a 2-1 loss to Cleveland United. It also says that Cleveland United tied CESA at Nationals in Rock Hill in July. That will be interesting.

Of course, back to our opinions about rankings, according to this list on gotsoccer http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/resul...ion=&State= Match Fit has the #1 ranked team in the nation in U-17 in their club as well as the #7 and #9 ranked teams in the country; all in the same club. That gotsoccer sure is on the ball.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok this is mot arguing with but just replying to somenod your earlier post and things i missed. When we made the decision to leave csa because of cost they actually asked what we could pay but we did not want to do that. Even though my daughter was leaving they held no grudge and still took her to the texas event and played up with a older age group. After deciding to leave cesa she was not even allowed to be part of the team at reginals. She had broken her leg that feb and got released from the doctor 1 week before reginals. I had called her coach and told him and also told him that she most likely couldnt play. To close to being released from the doc and had no practice. When she tried to call and ask about it he wouldnt even take her calls. When i had the incident with the refs the coach never came onto the field to check on her. He was to busy getting the rest of the team to the cornerbof the field after getting their butts kicked. I will say one thing about cesa. They have great people working as the trainers. They get there as fast as they can and do a great job

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Quote:

How's Wake Forest?

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/girls-soccer/post/_/id/2665/wake-forest-picks-up-cesa-defender

I have also heard that the U18 players have committed to USC, UNCG, University of Richmond, Penn, but we'll know the entire list in a couple of weeks.

It says that article was posted 4/26/12. So that would have been in April of her U-17 year, is that correct? So, Wake Forest still had room in April for that class? Interesting.

Wake will have made its first round of offers in the Fall for that year based on the money the coach believes will be available. That doesn't mean you won't see commitments coming later nor does it mean a later offer is necessarily less. The coach's athletic scholarship budget is limited, but it can change unexpectedly during the course of a year. Schools that think they can attract top talent will make their offers to their top picks in the Fall based on what the coaches perceive their budgets to be at the time. They have to.

I'm thinking HH's point is that club teams considering themselves elite national level teams should be developing players capable of being included in those "first round" Fall offers.

D
Goal
Goal
D
According to topdrawersoccer Wake currently has 5 players already committed for class of 2014 (current u17).

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

I'm thinking HH's point is that club teams considering themselves elite national level teams should be developing players capable of being included in those "first round" Fall offers.

If you go back to the first post that started this thread, I don't think his point has anything to do with clubs being elite or national level; but rather, if you're a U-17 player you should have a committment locked up by now because "This late in the process most should be done." I think that many clubs produce players capable of securing offers early in the process. I just didn't agree with the statement about how "most" should be committed and tried to offer a counterpoint through example, fact, and even sarcasm. I don't think it has gotten through. Some people are just hard headed.

Somehow we got off on talking about rankings and clubs and records and leagues. I think the biggest problem with trying to have a simple conversation is the way that it was brought up. If HH really wanted to know the answer to his question about how many CESA U-17s have committed, there are many people he could have called at the club and I'm sure that the phone numbers are easily accessible. In reading this thread, it is clear to me that he is bitter with the club, the coach, the league and probably many other things. So, he went on a public forum in an attempt to imply "my team is better than your team" or something like that. (which, by the way, he has every right to do) I just think that his point might have been better received if he had said something like, "congratulations to the 13 players on my team who have committed".

In fact, there was another thread where someone did just that. They congratulated a team for a recent accomplishment. I had questions about some of the details and asked them in another thread so as not to take away from the team in question. However, this thread was initiated in a much different manner and is actually in keeping with the stories I have heard about the man known as Hard Headed.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard