Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
L
throw in
throw in
L
Quote:

Quote:

I'm thinking HH's point is that club teams considering themselves elite national level teams should be developing players capable of being included in those "first round" Fall offers.

If you go back to the first post that started this thread, I don't think his point has anything to do with clubs being elite or national level; but rather, if you're a U-17 player you should have a committment locked up by now because "This late in the process most should be done." I think that many clubs produce players capable of securing offers early in the process. I just didn't agree with the statement about how "most" should be committed and tried to offer a counterpoint through example, fact, and even sarcasm. I don't think it has gotten through. Some people are just hard headed.

Somehow we got off on talking about rankings and clubs and records and leagues. I think the biggest problem with trying to have a simple conversation is the way that it was brought up. If HH really wanted to know the answer to his question about how many CESA U-17s have committed, there are many people he could have called at the club and I'm sure that the phone numbers are easily accessible. In reading this thread, it is clear to me that he is bitter with the club, the coach, the league and probably many other things. So, he went on a public forum in an attempt to imply "my team is better than your team" or something like that. (which, by the way, he has every right to do) I just think that his point might have been better received if he had said something like, "congratulations to the 13 players on my team who have committed".

In fact, there was another thread where someone did just that. They congratulated a team for a recent accomplishment. I had questions about some of the details and asked them in another thread so as not to take away from the team in question. However, this thread was initiated in a much different manner and is actually in keeping with the stories I have heard about the man known as Hard Headed.

Sorry that I've missed these theatrics! AF is that you? What good can come of this from a delusional Dad and 2 pretty good soccer players? You bullied a lot at the North/South several years ago running some bush-league CESA camp at Furman U., and was a bit player at Virginia Tech. You are as guilty of all this as Hard Headed!

We all dream of a team of Carraghers...
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

I'm thinking HH's point is that club teams considering themselves elite national level teams should be developing players capable of being included in those "first round" Fall offers.

If you go back to the first post that started this thread, I don't think his point has anything to do with clubs being elite or national level; but rather, if you're a U-17 player you should have a committment locked up by now because "This late in the process most should be done." I think that many clubs produce players capable of securing offers early in the process. I just didn't agree with the statement about how "most" should be committed and tried to offer a counterpoint through example, fact, and even sarcasm. I don't think it has gotten through. Some people are just hard headed.

Somehow we got off on talking about rankings and clubs and records and leagues. I think the biggest problem with trying to have a simple conversation is the way that it was brought up. If HH really wanted to know the answer to his question about how many CESA U-17s have committed, there are many people he could have called at the club and I'm sure that the phone numbers are easily accessible. In reading this thread, it is clear to me that he is bitter with the club, the coach, the league and probably many other things. So, he went on a public forum in an attempt to imply "my team is better than your team" or something like that. (which, by the way, he has every right to do) I just think that his point might have been better received if he had said something like, "congratulations to the 13 players on my team who have committed".

In fact, there was another thread where someone did just that. They congratulated a team for a recent accomplishment. I had questions about some of the details and asked them in another thread so as not to take away from the team in question. However, this thread was initiated in a much different manner and is actually in keeping with the stories I have heard about the man known as Hard Headed.

reebok you got it all wrong. if you do go back and look at the first post that started this thread, i stated ecnl in the post so as usual you are wrong.
there is no we in getting off track on the rankings. you brought up rankings and used it to try and show the level our team plays at and that it didnt make sense to you how we had so many committed players. i never tried to say whos team is better than whos. you again did that by trying to bring the rankings of the teams we have played. trying to say your team is better because we play lower ranked teams.(so you thought)i told you several times that rankings mean nothing. when i brought up rankings of the teams cesa u 17s have played this year which on average is lower than the ones we have played. you then tried to deflect it by changing the subject on where my kids have played and who likes or dislikes me. then you decided that having the rankings thrown back into your face you tried to play nice and say we both can agree that rankings mean nothing. they meant alot to you before.
me bringing in that we have 13 commitments came in later in the tread when we were discussing why college coaches are watching the u 17s play. i said they come to watch their players that are already committed and you said no that wasnt it. i just stated that with the 13 players from our team that was committed and most of the other team had thats why i stated the coaches were watching their committed players. so do not try to make this out that i started this thread to show how many players we have committed.
as far as being bitter with cesa you are right about that. i have never tried to keep that a secret. its not with cesa as a whole but just a couple of people. played 3 years in ecnl so there was no problem there other than the cost.wouldnt of stayed 3 years if i had a problem with it.
you got all the reasons wrong on why i made the post. you stated i could of done it a better way! you think you could of done it a better way than the way you did trying to disprove how many commitments we have. you tried to use rankings and it came back to bite you in the butt.
stop acting like you have heard stuff about me from other people. you know who i am so man or woman up and cut out the act. i have never hide who i was on here. you have said we or were when it comes to the u17s to many times for you not to be involved with that team either as a parent or the coach or someone from cesa.
the thread did get out of hand once you brought in rankings but my question was how has ecnl helped in recruiting and shouldnt they be committed by now. you took it down this path. you would think that ecnl players with all the coaches they play in front of would have players commiting earlier than say a rec player.
so... have you pulled up those rankings yet? im sure you have but you do not want to post them.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry that I've missed these theatrics! AF is that you? What good can come of this from a delusional Dad and 2 pretty good soccer players? You bullied a lot at the North/South several years ago running some bush-league CESA camp at Furman U., and was a bit player at Virginia Tech. You are as guilty of all this as Hard Headed!

not sure what i am delusional about. i see cesa pretty good for what they are.

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

I'll agree that nothing good is coming from this conversation. As for the rest, I really don't know what you're talking about.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Reebok you keep bringing up these stories about me. How about telling us a few if them. Would be nice to see how my legend has grown. While you are at it post those rankings.

R
bench
bench
R
Are these the rankings I'm supposed to post?

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/resul...=3&State=NC

The ones that have Charlotte's mix of U15/U16 ECNL team as the #10 U17 team in NC, CASL's 2nd team as #13, Charlotte's 2nd U17 team as #14, CASL's 3rd and 4th team as #17 and #18, yet CASL's 1st team and Charlotte's 1st team not ranked at all?

By the way, this is the same site that has CESA's 2nd team reanked #1 in SC and #7 in the region even though they went winless in R3PLE this year, with their 1st team playing in ECNL.

Are these the rankings I'm supposed to post?

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Isnt this the same site you used for rankings when you were trying to disprove how many players we had commited? now you are trying to make it sound like it is not up to par. it was good for you then so why isnt it now. post the rankings of the teams cesa 17s played during this season so we can see how the ecnl stacks up.

and how about telling me some more stories you have about me.

R
bench
bench
R
Teams CESA U17 have played:

CSA 1st team. Ranked 1st in ECNL Southeast Conference. Not ranked in USYSA by gotsoccer. Haven't played in 2 years. CESA has a 3-2 loss and 1-1 draw.
CASL 1st team. Ranked 2nd in ECNL Southeast Conference. Not ranked in USYSA by got soccer. Last time they played USYSA, R3PLE champions, NC State Cup champions, regional semifinalists. CESA has 3-0 loss
VSI 1st team. Ranked 3rd in ECNL Southeast Conference. Last time they played USYSA as West FL Premier, regional quarterfinalists, FL state champion. CESA has two 1-1 draws.
Atlanta Fire 1st team. Ranked 4th in ECNL Southeast Conference. Last time they played USYSA, R3PLE 2nd place, GA state champions, regional quarterfinalists. CESA has 2-0 loss and 1-0 win.
BUSA 1st team. Ranked 7th in ECNL Southeast Conference. Last time they played USYSA, AL state champion, regional quarterfinalist. CESA has 3-1 win and 0-0 draw.

Is that what you were looking for?

All this according to the ECNL website.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
come on reebok. you know what i am looking for. you used gotsoccer rankings to show how we stack up as a team, how the teams we played at disney stack up and how you couldnt understand/believe why we have so many committments with us being such a lowly team. just use the gotsoccer rankings for all the teams your cesa u17s played this year. this part of our argument never was about cesa and how good they are. they are a good team. this part of the argument was about you bringing in the gotsoccer rankings on who we play. just do the same for cesa and anyone else. if you do not want to post it just send me a pm. i dont mind. or we can just put it to bed and say the gotsoccer rankings mean nothing no matter if a team plays in ecnl or anything else.
and then you can tell me some more stories on why i am a legend.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
reebok i got one even better on how we can put this all to rest and you can shut me up. i will never say anything about cesa one way or the other on this board or any other if it doesnt involve me. it is simple to do and im sure cesa as a whole would be fine with that.

Have Fleming call me.he has my number.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard