Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
bench
bench
R
What am I, you're administrative assistant? I'm sure you can call him. I'm sure you have his number. If not, I'm sure you can call the CESA office and they can probably put you in touch with him.

J
Brace
Brace
J
And this my friends is exactly why I will not have my kids play club soccer. I don't want to spend my time around people that think the world revolves around soccer. There is no way that I could spend countless hours around people like you every weekend while my kids played, I would have to shoot myself in the head to make the pain end....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

And this my friends is exactly why I will not have my kids play club soccer. I don't want to spend my time around people that think the world revolves around soccer. There is no way that I could spend countless hours around people like you every weekend while my kids played, I would have to shoot myself in the head to make the pain end....

If this bothers you, don't go to the GA Soccer Forum Board.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

. Thanks for your imput. I guess it is good you are not around people like me. I wouldnt want you to shoot yourself in the head

J
Brace
Brace
J
Just to clarify, I was referring to the two knuckleheads going at it on here, not every soccer parent.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Just to clarify, I was referring to the two knuckleheads going at it on here, not every soccer parent.

looking back at your post it looks like you have gone at it a few times on here yourself.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/23/13 07:17 PM.
J
Brace
Brace
J
I have gotten into some disagreements in the past, but have taken a much more laid back approach lately. It isn't worth getting all heated and arguing, it just doesn't matter. In the end, it is just a game...and if the kids aren't having fun playing the game, it isn't worth keeping them playing or playing yourself if you can't enjoy it! And then to see you guys going at it...I find it fruitless. You are arguing about who has commited, and how important it is to comit to a good school, or get a scholarship. Here is what I found...

With over 1,200+ men’s college soccer programs across the country and over 1,400 women’s programs finding a scholarship is harder then you might think.

Coaches divide their money up and very rarely give full ride scholarships.

For women’s programs there are a maximum of 14 scholarships for a DI team, 9.9 for DII, 12 for NAIA programs and a fully funded NJCAA program has up to 18 scholarships per team.

Men’s soccer can offer 9.9 scholarships per team DI, 9 per team DII, 12 at the NAIA level and 18 scholarships per team for NJCAAA programs.

When you compare the cost of the club teams from where I currently live, you are going to expend $1500 for an entry level club for the year, not including tournaments, travel or other expenses you incur for the year. You figure that you are going to spend at least $3000 for the year, more likely you will approach the $4000 to $5000 mark. If your child starts playing at age 8 on a club team, and you spend on average $4000 a year....lets do the math...you end up paying $40,000 for your child to play soccer. If you took that money and invested it, and earned 5% a year for those 10 years, you would end up with $50311. That is a healthy chunk of money that would be available to use for your childs education rather than banking on a college soccer scholarship....let alone you are going to be taking away from their academic studies and lower their chances of getting an academic scholarship.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Liverpool... reebok isn't "AF". Probably in the right park, but wrong player.

James Gray... those numbers are reasonable, and my speculation is that on any given College team there's a good chance that more academic money is going to the players than athletic. Further, I think coaches look closely at academic records to know what academic scholarships the player may be able to qualify for when developing the athletic scholarship offer.

D
Goal
Goal
D
reebok... you either seem to be blowing smoke about gotsoccer rankings for some reason, or you don't understand them. Gotsoccer rankings have always been based on points earned through results on the field, and points available to be earned are not restricted to USYSA events and teams. Gotsoccer #4 u-17 is an ECNL team without points from USYSA leagues or cups... all ECNL and tournament results. Points earned by a team are good for a 12 month period.

Quote:

Quote:

We play a team sunday from up north that by some ranking is number 1 in the country. I will let you knownif they live up to that.

Is it Match Fit? According to gotsoccer, Match Fit is ranked #1 nationally. It also says that the last game they played was a 2-1 loss to Cleveland United. It also says that Cleveland United tied CESA at Nationals in Rock Hill in July. That will be interesting.

Of course, back to our opinions about rankings, according to this list on gotsoccer http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/resul...ion=&State= Match Fit has the #1 ranked team in the nation in U-17 in their club as well as the #7 and #9 ranked teams in the country; all in the same club. That gotsoccer sure is on the ball.

Gotsoccer, given its points system, does seem to be on the ball with the Match Fit rankings. The team ranked #1 earned points in 13 ranked events (2 leagues... #1 and #2, plus no lower than semifinalist but mostly as champions in multiple tournaments Disney, PDA, CASL, Jefferson Cup, etc.). They also picked up points as finalist in last year's state cup. The team they lost state cup final to is the Match Fit team ranked #8. That team added to its state cup points with points as regional finalist, a high Region I Premier league finish, a 2nd in USYSA National League (which will be replaced in March with its points finishing as this season's #1 in the USYSA National League qualifying the team for next summers National Championships), also champions of NJYS Nat Champ Series as well as tournament results at CASL, PDA, Disney, etc., but not as many tournaments entered as the first team. The #10 Gotsoccer ranked Match Fit team is US Club Soccer and has similar league, event and tournament results of the other two teams. Based on points associated with winning hardware (and Gotsoccer points)... the 3 Match Fit rankings are legit. One club, three seperate rosters (already checked).

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Are these the rankings I'm supposed to post?

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/resul...=3&State=NC

The ones that have Charlotte's mix of U15/U16 ECNL team as the #10 U17 team in NC, CASL's 2nd team as #13, Charlotte's 2nd U17 team as #14, CASL's 3rd and 4th team as #17 and #18, yet CASL's 1st team and Charlotte's 1st team not ranked at all?

By the way, this is the same site that has CESA's 2nd team reanked #1 in SC and #7 in the region even though they went winless in R3PLE this year, with their 1st team playing in ECNL.

Are these the rankings I'm supposed to post?

What you're seeming to forget is the CSA, CASL and CESA u-17 ECNL teams (under new names) haven't won much to earn any points at Gotsoccer. Not playing tournaments to pick up points, none have ever won or even played in a state cup, and until current Southeast ECNL region league points are posted, they have little to no Gotsoccer points earned through results in ranked ECNL events.

Remember? The team I think you're calling "CESA's 2nd team" IS the CESA '95 Premier Team and the current reigning Region Champion still carrying those points at Gotsoccer. The CESA u-17 ECNL team (under that name?) has never gotten any results to earn any points. Now, if you want to debate that by claiming those prior state and region results don't really belong to the Premier team but actually to the ECNL team you might start by posting those club phone numbers. I think there are still some u-17 SCUMP parents that might like to give you a call and share a few words. Ah yes, the other side of the "no 50% minimum" rule change bugaboo.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard