Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
It is usually our instinct to look at bigger schools when looking for talent. However, is there any talent in the smaller schools? Do yo guys know of any players from 1A and 2A who have some talent and are not very well-known?

S
bench
bench
S
I can only speak for the teams I'm familiar with in the upstate. Christ Church has a few solid players remaining on their roster, but Seiler was their real elite talent. Southside Christian is in the same boat with a few talented guys (Braden Myus comes to mind).

St. Joe's is where the 1A upstate talent is at right now. They beat JL Mann and Eastside last year and never gained much attention because they are 1A. Coming into this year they have 4 guys who played on the CESA U16 boys team that played for Tormey in the nat'l championship over the summer (Brennan Koslow, Chris Heijjer, Ryan Bertling, Josh Bertelsman) - all of those guys could play at the next level. Senior Austin Burnikel has signed at Clemson, following in his brother's footsteps. They will graduate a lot this year, but have young talent to fall back on (Jose Cera, Reilly Koslow (GK)). They also lost Michele Bottari who is with the DA..

In my opinion, this team could play with anyone in the state when healthy. The real challenge will be a few years down the road - not sure anyone can own 1A like Christ Church did for so many years.

Throw In
Throw In
Thank you for shedding some light on our team. We play St. Pius out of Atlanta today at 3:00; Riggs Field, Clemson.
They are one of the top teams in spring soccer so we will see where we stand after today as well as our next games against Cardinal Newman and JL Mann.
Ben
St. Joseph's soccer

B
brace
brace
B
In the Lowcountry, Academic Magnet is one of the better teams, regardless of enrollment.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

Clemson still has soccer?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
We have a player at Bamberg-Ehrhardt that could be one of the top players at center mid Wil Gilland. Leads our team in goals and assists, everything goes threw him,controls the pace of the game his vision is phenominal, can shoot with either foot and is very dangerous and accurate on set pieces. Hes a junior and a captain, very talented player. Has scored off of a free kick with both feet.

B
brace
brace
B
Guardrail: Saw Clemson play this past weekend in Rock Hill. They are definitely heading in the right direction.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
I saw the 1987 championship game at Riggs Field. They have never been as good as they were with Ibrahim and they won't get back to that caliber any time soon.

Regarding small school talent, lets see what happens next Wed night.

B
brace
brace
B
Did NOT say they'll win a national championship. Said they're heading in the right direction. Some good, quick players who can ping it around pretty well. (From what I saw.)

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
"Regarding small school talent, lets see what happens next Wed night."

I was hoping to see guardrails comments on the game. Wando won, but it was an exciting game.

When you factor in the great girls game going to PKs before it, you got your money's worth last night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard