Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
I hear the referee was a space cadet on several occassions and other than that it was a very strong showing.

Wando went home tired.

If you are a student of the game and haven't watched the evoltuion of AMHS over the last 5-7 years your missing something.

They are the defending 2A state champions, coached by the NSCAA COY if Region 3 and the defending #1 academic team in the country. They are one of the smallest 2A schools in the state.

All in the last few years. And they are Wando's opponent on senior night.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

now can the question be answered?

B
brace
brace
B
For the record, AMHS has some very good soccer players -- just not THAT many of them. Wouldn't have surprised me one iota to see them beat Wando.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

interesting assessment of the defending 2A champions.

three losses this year, all to 4A teams by an average of 1/2 a goal.

How many good players do you need for that?

You need to go where the quality is to be seen.

B
brace
brace
B
Actually, my comment on the Wando/AMHS game reflects as much on Wando as Magnet.
Wando may well go undefeated and win the Class AAAA championship ... can't/won't say. They are, as their coach hastens to point out, "committed," and that's an important quality. They have several D-I prospects, even more "good" high school players, and a slew of "other" kids who'd play for any side in the state. After last year, they also have "something to prove." But they are by no means overwhelming in terms of raw physical/technical talent. Just numerically superior.
What does that say about Magnet? They are (obviously) a very good, well-coached side, and (I suspect) slightly more likely to win a state title than Wando. They, too, have several D-I prospects, a handful of "good" H.S. players, and another group of role-players. As compared to Wando, they have fewer really good players ... not surprising at all for a lower-enrollment school.
Put the two on the same field twice, and you pretty much get what you got this year. Good, competitive games.

I
bench
bench
I
Grant Dickey, JR, #13, Ninety Six High School, 57 goals, 18 assists, 132 points in 23 games, I have contact info if a coach wants it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard