Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Last night our Varsity game started 15+ minutes late because the JV game ended in a tie, went through O.T., then penalty kicks. Really? I'm sorry, but I don't understand the reasoning behind not allowing a JV game to end in a tie. What is the point?

Anyone else agree?

JV games should be allowed to end in a tie?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/15/13 04:11 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Goal
Goal
My understanding is JV can end in a tie if it affects the start time of the varsity match.
We played Ashley Ridge last week and the head varsity coaches decide to allow them to go straight to a shootout because overtime would have pushed back the start of the varsity match.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Every game, including varsity, should be able to end in a tie. Exclusions being playoff and tournament games. My opinion is that regions should have a point system, much like the EPL and other leagues. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie. Have a tie breaker scenario or play a region championship game at the end to decide winner.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
I agree with Tab... All games should be allowed to end in a tie. All the SCHSL would have to do is follow the same "tie-breaking" system that SCYSA has in place when it comes time for playoff seeding.

C
Cav Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
C
I know I am in the minority here, but I like having a game end with a winner and a loser. Kinda why we play. I could see ending in ties if we had a regulation system, which I like the idea of. But since we don't, ties just muddy the water. As for PK's, if you know it is part of the game and you don't work on them, then you run the risk of losing. Your own fault.

I can see jv going straight to PK's becuz of time. But be honest, does starting the varsity game 15 minutes later really make that much of a difference?

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!

Link Copied to Clipboard