Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Quote:

How about this for clueless?

We will be glad to send you pictures of our State Championship Trophies.

Key word is Trophies.

That's many, to you Mr. clueless passingthetime.

Store them well. Their about to collect dust. But the sportsmanship trophy is up for grabs.

I don't believe the Sportsmanship Trophy will be headed to Mannville anytime soon, as for the State, Mann should certainly have a shot at it. But first, get by Hanna and further than 3rd Round in the playoffs. Then you can "run your mouth".

H
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
H
Way to get things rolling Mavs Soccer Dad. I've missed this.

J
JJP Offline
bench
bench
J
I completely agree with Mavs Dad. Pretty ignorant statement.

Here's what I don't understand about running up scores...doesn't it almost cheapen stats? I mean, sure a girl could be a top scorer for your program or the state, but if 15 of those goals came against a weaker opponent, what validity does it have?

JJP #161838 03/23/13 12:25 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I better see some bashing of Christ Church and Dutch Fork today for all you holier than thou posters. And please tell me what is ignorant about dropping a sport program that doesn't have the athletes to support it. Also there is no validity in any high school sports stats. College coaches watch film on kids; not read stat sheets. A running back gaining 5000 yards for Christ is different from a running back gaining 5000 yards at Byrnes.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/23/13 12:42 PM.
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
With Title IX, I don't think any school would be anxious to drop an existing girl's program. After all, if they can't support a soccer program would they have the numbers to support a Lacrosse team? In the end it's about giving the girls the opportunity to play sports, and while some of these schools may not have the "athletes to support" a team that can compete with the top high schools, they are fielding a team that can compete with many of the teams in their region. It's not as if they play Mann or Hanna every night. They play one another, and those games would be competitive. Don't simply view the value of a program through your own eyes, consider what that team means to the girls who play on it. Those girls are probably just as proud to represent their school as the girls who come from teams that beat them.

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quote:

I better see some bashing of Christ Church and Dutch Fork today for all you holier than thou posters. And please tell me what is ignorant about dropping a sport program that doesn't have the athletes to support it. Also there is no validity in any high school sports stats. College coaches watch film on kids; not read stat sheets. A running back gaining 5000 yards for Christ is different from a running back gaining 5000 yards at Byrnes.

It appears passingthetime suffers from Christ Church Envy. Many Mann parents suffer from this. They so badly want their kids to go there, but just cannot afford it.

MT4ME #161841 03/23/13 01:27 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
No argument but high school budgets are tight. There are a few schools who don't carry soccer, wrestling, lacrosse and a few other sports. I think an AD of a school needs to constantly review their programs and see which ones are viable. A few years ago a soccer team was to come to Mann to play the first round of the playoffs. They were 3-15 and they had a two hour bus ride. The coach called and forfeited and saved his school about 200.00. Now thats more of a issue with the structure of the playoffs but it was the right move for them. There is more to playing a sport than winning but don't curse the other team for playing hard the whole game. I'm not happy with some of the scores these teams are posting but also understand their situation.
In Manns' case I wonder if the coach is trying to keep them focused due to their lack of success in big games over the years. Hanna should be able to knock them down a notch. Should be a good game.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/23/13 01:28 PM.
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

No argument but high school budgets are tight. There are a few schools who don't carry soccer, wrestling, lacrosse and a few other sports. I think an AD of a school needs to constantly review their programs and see which ones are viable. A few years ago a soccer team was to come to Mann to play the first round of the playoffs. They were 3-15 and they had a two hour bus ride. The coach called and forfeited and saved his school about 200.00. Now thats more of a issue with the structure of the playoffs but it was the right move for them. There is more to playing a sport than winning but don't curse the other team for playing hard the whole game. I'm not happy with some of the scores these teams are posting but also understand their situation.
In Manns' case I wonder if the coach is trying to keep them focused due to their lack of success in big games over the years. Hanna should be able to knock them down a notch. Should be a good game.

Budgets may be tight, but eliminating programs for girls isn't as easy as you may think (just ask Boiling Springs about Title IX). Before you tell us Title IX is stupid, you might want to consider that Title IX may well be what gives your own daughter an opportunity to continue to play soccer past high school. It may well be what gives her the scholarship to go the college you would not otherwise be able to afford.

I am not going to get involved in the argument about the scores. That is a decision of the coach of any team, and as you say, other teams are doing it. But, other coaches are also making the decision to keep the scoring down.

MT4ME #161843 03/23/13 02:03 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Title IX not stupid. Now I have a full slate today. First is my sensitvity training course at 11:00 followed by my anger management counseling at 1:00 and finish with my Pussification of America seminar at 3.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Title IX not stupid. Now I have a full slate today. First is my sensitvity training course at 11:00 followed by my anger management counseling at 1:00 and finish with my Pussification of America seminar at 3.

I thought you were teaching the class "how to beat an inferior opponent down by running up the score"?

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard