Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
I occasionally check the board for scores and updates and find very little information from the upstate area? Riverside and Mauldin, ranked 1 and 2 in the state, played last night and nothing posted leading up to, during or after the game. The Greenville News did have a nice article this morning but they don't post box scores anymore. Can anyone explain what has happened?

Hobo you still have daughter at Hanna and I have not seen a post all season. JAK has a daughter at Riverside and nothing from you either. I know Patriots daughter is long gone but somebody needs to defend the outrageous scores Mann is running up on inferior competition.

Only time will tell
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
The whole conference is inferior. Cant just kick the ball around for the whole season. Tough call.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
OK dude, we get it. You and your team are big, bad and powerful.

All these impressive wins against Easley, Laurens and the likes of Greenwood, WOW!

Great sportsmanship with all the "running up the scores".

Surely 6-0 or 7-0 would be enough.

But, no, not for Mighty Mann.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
And could eurosport get the rankings right. Doesn't take a blind man to see Mann should be top 5. Also keep running it up. Natures way of saying its time to drop your soccer program. I've been trying to get Mann to drop football for years. What a pitiful girls soccer season. Mauldin and Riverside ranked 1 and 2. The weakest teams they have ever have.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I dont know how Wando does it. I would find the best teams in the state and figure out a way to schedule them. Maybe meet them halfway in a neutral site. We should have Riverside and Mauldin on our schedule twice.

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

I occasionally check the board for scores and updates and find very little information from the upstate area? Riverside and Mauldin, ranked 1 and 2 in the state, played last night and nothing posted leading up to, during or after the game. The Greenville News did have a nice article this morning but they don't post box scores anymore. Can anyone explain what has happened?

Hobo you still have daughter at Hanna and I have not seen a post all season. JAK has a daughter at Riverside and nothing from you either. I know Patriots daughter is long gone but somebody needs to defend the outrageous scores Mann is running up on inferior competition.

I noticed the same, lack of talk about games... 1 vs 2 should get some discussion.

I prefer that to trash talk, but some honest reviews would be nice.

Last year, Mann had a poster who was over the top... seems they have another one this year.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

And could eurosport get the rankings right. Doesn't take a blind man to see Mann should be top 5. Also keep running it up. Natures way of saying its time to drop your soccer program. I've been trying to get Mann to drop football for years. What a pitiful girls soccer season. Mauldin and Riverside ranked 1 and 2. The weakest teams they have ever have.

I agree that Mann should be in the top five and probably would be if they hadn't lost to Hilton Head in the Viking Cup. Mann probably has the most talented group of players of any team in the Upstate and possibly the entire state. Aside from the HH game, Mann's first real test of how well they can put together all of that talent will come next week against TL Hanna.

With that said, what's up with the comment that Riverside and Mann are fielding the weakest teams they have ever had? Those "weak teams" made it further in the Viking Cup than Mann did. Hilton Head is a very good team, but losing to them meant Mann ended up playing teams that lost the first night instead of playing the teams that are ranked. Perhaps a win that night might have gotten Mann the ranking you feel they deserve.

MT4ME #161822 03/22/13 03:09 PM
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
It's good to see once again, that a Mann fan is again running their mouth.

Mann fans are well known, not only in the Upstate, but the State, as enjoying to "run their mouths".

If you have ever been at any of their athletic events it's the same old song. Yell at the refs, challenge every call, yell about the opposing team being too aggressive, yada, yada, blahh, blahhh, blah.

And to challenge Mauldin and Riverside, two teams who have historically "owned" Mann in girls soccer.

Yes, Mann is loaded this year, yes, they should be higher ranked, maybe that explains their desire to "run it up" on inferior talent.

Nice lesson about sportsmanship, Coach.

Even Gwenn had some dignity.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
Quote:

outscoring your opponents 90-5 with scores of 11-0, 15-0, 14-0! tell you what, shut out mauldin and riverside by double digits, then you'll have something to say. in the meantime, mann has defeated no powerhouses, imho, and just shown poor sportsmanship and disrespect....again, imho.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
"Natures way of saying its time to drop your soccer program"

Probably the most arrogant disrespectful statement I have seen on the board. It might explain the scores. Are you the new coach?

Only time will tell
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Hey nother, IMHO you do not need to be humble when referring to the arrogance of passingthetime.

I'll agree with Mav, his comment about giving up a sport is the most disrespectful I have seen. The players on those teams Mann has been "running it up on" are no doubt giving it their best.

Regardless of win, lose or draw, they deserve to be treated with sportsmanship and respect.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
NotherSoccerdad proved my point. No powerhouses to play. If you like you can take a picture of your team huddled around their sportsmanship trophy(or plaque) and send it to us for motivation. I see this discussion every year. So maybe just stop the game at 8-0. Basically thats what you want to happen. So why kick the ball around for another 45min. Isn't that disrespectable to play keep away. Almost taunting. There is a mercy rule in baseball.Mann has not defeated any powerhouses and will not ever this year; because their is no powerhouses. Cajunkid is clueless. Talk about calling kettle black. So I guess yall know now. Mann is the only team in the state to challenge a call or yell at opposing players. Guess he's never been to Clover. (Just saw Eastside and academic magent won 10-0. Those nasty disrespectful teams. Whats wrong with them.)

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/22/13 07:12 PM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
How about this for clueless?

We will be glad to send you pictures of our State Championship Trophies.

Key word is Trophies.

That's many, to you Mr. clueless passingthetime.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Hey nother, IMHO you do not need to be humble when referring to the arrogance of passingthetime.

I'll agree with Mav, his comment about giving up a sport is the most disrespectful I have seen. The players on those teams Mann has been "running it up on" are no doubt giving it their best.

Regardless of win, lose or draw, they deserve to be treated with sportsmanship and respect.

By the way. Thats not the most disrespectful I can be.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
I think we figured that part out.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

By the way. Thats not the most disrespectful I can be.

You are a real man! You probably beat your wife and cuss your children.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
No. Cuss my wife and beat my children

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
Quote:

NotherSoccerdad proved my point. No powerhouses to play. If you like you can take a picture of your team huddled around their sportsmanship trophy(or plaque) and send it to us for motivation. I see this discussion every year. So maybe just stop the game at 8-0. Basically thats what you want to happen. So why kick the ball around for another 45min. Isn't that disrespectable to play keep away. Almost taunting. There is a mercy rule in baseball.Mann has not defeated any powerhouses and will not ever this year; because their is no powerhouses. Cajunkid is clueless. Talk about calling kettle black. So I guess yall know now. Mann is the only team in the state to challenge a call or yell at opposing players. Guess he's never been to Clover. (Just saw Eastside and academic magent won 10-0. Those nasty disrespectful teams. Whats wrong with them.)

i didn't say there were no powerhouses to play, just that you haven't played any yet.....

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

No. Cuss my wife and beat my children

Sorry, my bad.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Key word is Trophies.

Store them well. Their about to collect dust. But the sportsmanship trophy is up for grabs.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Quote:

Key word is Trophies.

Store them well. Their about to collect dust. But the sportsmanship trophy is up for grabs.

I don't believe the Sportsmanship Trophy will be headed to Mannville anytime soon, as for the State, Mann should certainly have a shot at it. But first, get by Hanna and further than 3rd Round in the playoffs. Then you can "run your mouth".

H
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
H
Way to get things rolling Mavs Soccer Dad. I've missed this.

J
JJP Offline
bench
bench
J
I completely agree with Mavs Dad. Pretty ignorant statement.

Here's what I don't understand about running up scores...doesn't it almost cheapen stats? I mean, sure a girl could be a top scorer for your program or the state, but if 15 of those goals came against a weaker opponent, what validity does it have?

JJP #161838 03/23/13 12:25 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I better see some bashing of Christ Church and Dutch Fork today for all you holier than thou posters. And please tell me what is ignorant about dropping a sport program that doesn't have the athletes to support it. Also there is no validity in any high school sports stats. College coaches watch film on kids; not read stat sheets. A running back gaining 5000 yards for Christ is different from a running back gaining 5000 yards at Byrnes.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/23/13 12:42 PM.
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
With Title IX, I don't think any school would be anxious to drop an existing girl's program. After all, if they can't support a soccer program would they have the numbers to support a Lacrosse team? In the end it's about giving the girls the opportunity to play sports, and while some of these schools may not have the "athletes to support" a team that can compete with the top high schools, they are fielding a team that can compete with many of the teams in their region. It's not as if they play Mann or Hanna every night. They play one another, and those games would be competitive. Don't simply view the value of a program through your own eyes, consider what that team means to the girls who play on it. Those girls are probably just as proud to represent their school as the girls who come from teams that beat them.

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quote:

I better see some bashing of Christ Church and Dutch Fork today for all you holier than thou posters. And please tell me what is ignorant about dropping a sport program that doesn't have the athletes to support it. Also there is no validity in any high school sports stats. College coaches watch film on kids; not read stat sheets. A running back gaining 5000 yards for Christ is different from a running back gaining 5000 yards at Byrnes.

It appears passingthetime suffers from Christ Church Envy. Many Mann parents suffer from this. They so badly want their kids to go there, but just cannot afford it.

MT4ME #161841 03/23/13 01:27 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
No argument but high school budgets are tight. There are a few schools who don't carry soccer, wrestling, lacrosse and a few other sports. I think an AD of a school needs to constantly review their programs and see which ones are viable. A few years ago a soccer team was to come to Mann to play the first round of the playoffs. They were 3-15 and they had a two hour bus ride. The coach called and forfeited and saved his school about 200.00. Now thats more of a issue with the structure of the playoffs but it was the right move for them. There is more to playing a sport than winning but don't curse the other team for playing hard the whole game. I'm not happy with some of the scores these teams are posting but also understand their situation.
In Manns' case I wonder if the coach is trying to keep them focused due to their lack of success in big games over the years. Hanna should be able to knock them down a notch. Should be a good game.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/23/13 01:28 PM.
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

No argument but high school budgets are tight. There are a few schools who don't carry soccer, wrestling, lacrosse and a few other sports. I think an AD of a school needs to constantly review their programs and see which ones are viable. A few years ago a soccer team was to come to Mann to play the first round of the playoffs. They were 3-15 and they had a two hour bus ride. The coach called and forfeited and saved his school about 200.00. Now thats more of a issue with the structure of the playoffs but it was the right move for them. There is more to playing a sport than winning but don't curse the other team for playing hard the whole game. I'm not happy with some of the scores these teams are posting but also understand their situation.
In Manns' case I wonder if the coach is trying to keep them focused due to their lack of success in big games over the years. Hanna should be able to knock them down a notch. Should be a good game.

Budgets may be tight, but eliminating programs for girls isn't as easy as you may think (just ask Boiling Springs about Title IX). Before you tell us Title IX is stupid, you might want to consider that Title IX may well be what gives your own daughter an opportunity to continue to play soccer past high school. It may well be what gives her the scholarship to go the college you would not otherwise be able to afford.

I am not going to get involved in the argument about the scores. That is a decision of the coach of any team, and as you say, other teams are doing it. But, other coaches are also making the decision to keep the scoring down.

MT4ME #161843 03/23/13 02:03 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Title IX not stupid. Now I have a full slate today. First is my sensitvity training course at 11:00 followed by my anger management counseling at 1:00 and finish with my Pussification of America seminar at 3.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Title IX not stupid. Now I have a full slate today. First is my sensitvity training course at 11:00 followed by my anger management counseling at 1:00 and finish with my Pussification of America seminar at 3.

I thought you were teaching the class "how to beat an inferior opponent down by running up the score"?

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
See that's the problem. Someone tries to have a reasonable discussion after comments made, and you come back with a comment like this.

My question to you is, how do you think you are representing Mann, your team, your coach, and, most important, your players? You may not have started this, but you have responded by making some pretty outrageous comments.

MT4ME #161846 03/23/13 02:37 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Its not my problem you were born without a sense of humor. I pull for Mann from a distant. The anti-christ set up their schedule this year and Hanna will be their 8th straight road game so I have no idea how good they are.Obviously sarcasm doesn't translate well over a blog. Sorry Mann for my poor representation of your school. More than happy to have a reasonable discussion when a reasonable questioned is asked. Untill than just passing the time.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

It appears passingthetime suffers from Christ Church Envy.
Many Mann parents suffer from this. They so badly want their kids to go there, but just cannot afford it.

Really. I mean really. any comment Mavs dad. But you are right. No title IX there

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/23/13 02:41 PM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It appears passingthetime suffers from Christ Church Envy.
Many Mann parents suffer from this. They so badly want their kids to go there, but just cannot afford it.

Really. I mean really. any comment Mavs dad. But you are right. No title IX there

I agree with your Christ Church sentiment. They at times will scrimmage a Riverside or Greenville, but their classification and conference is a joke. To say a 1A or 2A Private School is the same as an Allendale or McCormick is ludicrous.

Cajunkid #161849 03/23/13 02:59 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
But there is no drugs or alchohol. You can recruit and everybody gets to play a sport. Avoiding the real world is priceless

J
Brace
Brace
J
Do the odds on your daughter getting a scholarship to a college....for the amount of money you pump out for your kids to play soccer, it just isn't worth it in the end. Just put all of that money into an account and pay for college. Or better yet, get an academic scholarship. Just saying...

Second...why not put a mercy rule in place? Here in Illinois where I am now, if the score gets run up to a 7 goal differential, you cut the remaining time in half. It works nicely. There is no point to score more points than 10 if the other team isn't even close. It serves no purpose, and as a referee....can cause injuries to happen because of the other team getting mad. Just show some sportsmanship and get over yourselves.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Wow Mavs Dad. You sure did stir it up!

Game between RHS and Mauldin ended up interesting. It started out slow but picked up intensity early in the second. Could have gone either way. Rematch should be interesting. Hope you make it.

As for Mann running up scores, that's up to their coach. It's certainly not something I'm used to seeing, but whatever either makes you feel big or you think is best for your team is their choice.

However, it does result in a complete devaluation of stats. You simply can't look at absolute stats to compare players. Some coaches run up scores and players pad stats while other coaches sit their best players until the team isn't allowed to score anymore.

The net result is that pure individual stats are meaningless. It would be interesting to also see stats only from games against teams that ultimately make the playoffs. Or stats only from games against teams that have a positive goal differential. Those might be interesting for comparisons (you'd need to compare points per game since game counts wouldn't match).

Oh yeah. Final observation. One poster here is by far the rudest, most ignorant poster I've seen on this board, ever (and that's saying something).

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Stop. You making me blush. Did some inside investigation and found out the new coach believes in scoring till the whistle blows. Sorry

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
JAK,
Good to see you post again. I do plan on making the rematch. I hate to see conference games end in PK’s. Why can’t there be a point system? 3 for a win, 1 for a tie and weight the away goals. It seems to work all over the world, why not here?
As for our rude ignorant poster, he does make me laugh.

Only time will tell
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
I am looking forward to reading passingthetime's comments tomorrow after Mann destroys Hanna tonight.

A 5-0 victory will show Mann is the real deal. But who knows, maybe it will be 12-0 or 15-0.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Please tell me the riverside vs wade hampton score was a misprint or were you just showing really good sportsmanship.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/26/13 11:10 AM.
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Rumor has it, both teams held hands and sang Kum Ba Yah after the match.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Careful. Thats our alma mater. We get royalties anytime someone else sings it.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Stop. You making me blush. Did some inside investigation and found out the new coach believes in scoring till the whistle blows. Sorry

This is true! He's all about scoring as many as possible. His opinion is the other team has a job to do. Kind of refreshing actually, as previously we'd rather possess just to hold the ball rather than work on attacking soccer that we lacked in the bigger games. What good was it to hold the ball for 65% of the match only to have Mauldin or Hanna beat us 1-0 or 2-1.

@chicagoredstars
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Isn't it possible to possess the ball and work on the attack? Use the opportunity to work on timing of runs, beating offsides, passing etc., then bring the ball down and shoot wide or over the top. It's doesn't have to be keep away. You can still work on what needs to be worked on to win the big game.

My question is, if it becomes about stats, scoring and recognition, do the players lose sight of what they will need to do to win the bigger games? Do they play the game the way it should be played or do they simply run it forward as far as they can and shoot? Are players taking 15 shots instead of passing it off to the player that actually has the shot? Having not seen a Mann game, I have no idea. But, we all know you can still score a lot of goals while playing bad soccer against weaker teams, and that type soccer won't go nearly as far against a better team and a better defense. Only time will tell if this will help or hurt in the long run.

It's up to each coach to decide how to handle this, but I do think there are ways to work on possession and attack without scoring as many goals as you possibly can.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
He has 23 players on the team. I assume he is playing them all. Its one thing to get the starters to kick it around, use their left foot or only score on headers but then you start getting the reserves in and try holding them back. But no doubt it never hurts to get the team to constantly work on connecting passes, crossing and using the left foot.He is a new coach to the high school ranks so maybe the coaches will start bending his ear soon. Interesting to see tonight how 3 weeks of weak opponents will affect their play.

Passingthetime #161861 03/26/13 07:30 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Too bad Harry banned Hobo from posting, he could give updates tonight about the Mann beat down of Hanna.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I think if you check with the Riverside fans they may indicate that Wade Hampton had several opportunities on goal during the game. WH probably won the possesaion game and total shots on goal as well as set pieces. If you go back to the Mauldin game they same probably holds true there as well. They went into the season with only one scrimmage before entering the Mauldin game. Several games have ended with PK's due to timing of players learning each other on offense. Second half of the season may be interesting. This team has talent...

S
bench
bench
S
Well I am looking forward to see where this discussion goes with Mann's win over Hanna tonight 4-2. Yes Mann has been running up the score and yes they have a new coach to the high school environment who is trying to learn his way. Putting your offense on defense and vice versa, playing your 2nd and 3rd string and playing down between 1-5 players sounds to me like he is trying not to run up the score. Not to mention he has been without 3 starting field players due to injury and his goal keeper out with broken hand/ recovering from surgery since pre - season. This team has a lot of talent - even their 2nd and 3rd string are strong players. Mann has had talent for a few years but was missing other key important elements of being a winning team. They now have a new coach that has been able to close those gaps, build team unity and really pull this team together and utilize those talents. Hanna is a great team and on any other day that score could have been flipped but I would say that this new coach that Mann has is doing a pretty good job.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Really enjoyed the game except for weather. Did not know the goalie has been out all year. Maybe this game will get them over the hump.Knowing how to win is the key. Hanna scored first and Mann responded 30 sec later and that was huge. Both have good defense. All of Hanna's opportunities came on breakaways.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
4-2? To beat Hanna like that, you are a darn good team. Congrats to Mann.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Really enjoyed the game except for weather. Did not know the goalie has been out all year. Maybe this game will get them over the hump.Knowing how to win is the key. Hanna scored first and Mann responded 30 sec later and that was huge. Both have good defense. All of Hanna's opportunities came on breakaways.

Meaning hanna seemed to be able to serve over the top well. They had three good breakaways; which I'm sure they are kicking themselves for not converting. They didn't allow Mann any breakaway. Also it was a pretty clean game. Few whistles or parents screaming. Or should I say parent. Too cold for many fans.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Mauldin has gone undercover. No scores or updates. Riverside almost undercover. New stealth league they started. All obsesesed parents have moved on or they kids are gone and no one to type for them. Sad

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/27/13 08:47 PM.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Mauldin has gone undercover. No scores or updates. Riverside almost undercover. New stealth league they started. All obsesesed parents have moved on or they kids are gone and no one to type for them. Sad

Whatever!

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

I can't believe I am even responding to this, but, your first post was on 3/21 and you've been pretty active since. Were you part of the stealth league before then?

BTW, Riverside and Mauldin have nothing to hide from. They both won last night too.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Thanks Dan Rather. Open your paper today. There is a Mann tennis score. That's it. I have no idea how area baseball, soccer or other spring sports are doing. Most of the high school websites are lucky if they have last years scores or roster. Euro at least help keeps soccer scores current. Mauldin played three days ago and nothing. You are the first to let us know they won. Vicki Volunteer is disappearing is all I'm saying.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/28/13 11:21 AM.
I
goal
goal
I
I posted the Riverside win in a timely manner. I did not do an editorial, but the info was there.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Thanks Dan Rather. Open your paper today. There is a Mann tennis score. That's it. I have no idea how area baseball, soccer or other spring sports are doing. Most of the high school websites are lucky if they have last years scores or roster. Euro at least help keeps soccer scores current. Mauldin played three days ago and nothing. You are the first to let us know they won. Vicki Volunteer is disappearing is all I'm saying.

Didn't Mann play again last night? Where's the update on that game?

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Its on eurosport. Look -no skin off my back. I'm sure there are alumni players who would love to keep up though

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
That must be a mistake on Eurosport. Has to be 10-0 not 1-0.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Its on eurosport. Look -no skin off my back. I'm sure there are alumni players who would love to keep up though

Oh okay. But, I thought you were calling out others for not posting fast enough.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
That's the reason I started this thread. There is not enough information on the board. Nobody has answered the original question, where have all the posters gone? Are people not interested or are they using Twitter, Facebook or other forms of social media to get information?

Only time will tell
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
They have moved to the lacrosse blog

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Great opportunity this week for Mann to run it up again.

Cajunkid #161879 04/08/13 05:43 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Yep. They Have Mauldin, Christ and Hanna left and Hillcrest will keep it competitive. Finally have couple of home games after 11 out of 12 on road. But it will be long day for next three opponents. Little surprised by the Greenville score before break but will give them a pass after big game night before and it is a rival.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 04/08/13 05:45 PM.
Passingthetime #161880 04/12/13 11:45 AM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Wade hampton girls beat Mauldin for the first time since the caveman and no smak talk on the board. Pitiful

Passingthetime #161881 04/12/13 03:06 PM
F
kick off
kick off
F
What's the old saying??? "Act like you've Won before"
Wade Hampton is loaded with talent and may be difficult to deal with down the stretch.

furman13 #161882 04/12/13 07:07 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
No

Passingthetime #161883 04/12/13 08:45 PM
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

No

Several teams, including Wade Hampton, are much better than their record. I wouldn't approach a game with them thinking it's already in the bag.

MT4ME #161884 04/13/13 09:43 AM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
We'll, that's much better.

Mann only put an 8-1 on Easley.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I see that. Of course that's with five starters out for the all powerful cesa tournament.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Ohhhhh, well that explains it. It would probably have been 18-0.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Since High School soccer has gone underground in the Upstate I had to hire a private investigator to find out whats going on.(This guy is good. Same person who uncovered Riverside paying off refs a few years ago). He said that there is high school soccer this year and was not played at the beginning of the year as I feared. I was afraid I missed it.
From what I gathered it looks like Eastside will sweep the 3a state championship but the girls match against Hilton Head will be worth watching. Wren is having a nice season with their Boise State schedule but that will come to screeching halt in playoffs.
4a will match Mann boys with Wando. I see a 3-1 win for Mann in another match worth attending. 4a girls is wide open. We already stuck a fork in mauldin. Wando is 1-0 after their impressive win against Hilton Head but it is just there first game of the season. Viking cup was not included in this investigation since its not reality. Mann is still confusing to me since they too are just 1-0 beating a good Hanna team. Riverside is doing it with smoke and and mirrors plus a great coach and Wade hampton seems to have found an offense to go with their defense this year.
Lexington, South Aiken, Dutch Fork could send Wando home but I'm going to say Mann and Wando in finals with a 6-1 win. First half will be entertaining.
My investigator hasn't finished the 1a and 2a bracket but who cares.
This could change as soon as Mann finishes playing Mauldin, Christ and hanna again. This will help the investigator to determine if its the same ol mann or if they found the killer instinct this year. With Riverside no longer paying off refs this changes the landscape of the playoffs.
Mann girls should finish number one in polls at the end of regular season after Riverside gets upset by Eastside and Wando loses their last match against Academic Magnet so thats cool.
Also I see the referee blog has started again. Move on from that. You have as many as 80 games going at one time in the state and you still wonder why there isn't 160 good refs on that day. Jeez

B
brace
brace
B
Passingthetime:
No disrespect to J.L. Mann, OR ANY OTHER TEAM, but ...
Wando's boys will win the state championship if 4 things happen: 1) They remain motivated, focused and humble (the coaches' job); 2) The Clark kid stays healthy (no reason to think he won't); 3) Wando's general and match fitness are better than last year; and 4) The coaching staff actually prepares a real scouting report for whomever the title game opponent may be.
It's not NEARLY as complicated as Wando made it last year, when a little bit of unjustified (but entirely predictable) arrogance crept into ALL levels of the program, coming off a championship run the previous year.
Hard lesson learned by all, I suspect.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Wando and Mann humble. When pigs fly.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Since High School soccer has gone underground in the Upstate I had to hire a private investigator to find out whats going on.(This guy is good. Same person who uncovered Riverside paying off refs a few years ago). He said that there is high school soccer this year and was not played at the beginning of the year as I feared. I was afraid I missed it.
From what I gathered it looks like Eastside will sweep the 3a state championship but the girls match against Hilton Head will be worth watching. Wren is having a nice season with their Boise State schedule but that will come to screeching halt in playoffs.
4a will match Mann boys with Wando. I see a 3-1 win for Mann in another match worth attending. 4a girls is wide open. We already stuck a fork in mauldin. Wando is 1-0 after their impressive win against Hilton Head but it is just there first game of the season. Viking cup was not included in this investigation since its not reality. Mann is still confusing to me since they too are just 1-0 beating a good Hanna team. Riverside is doing it with smoke and and mirrors plus a great coach and Wade hampton seems to have found an offense to go with their defense this year.
Lexington, South Aiken, Dutch Fork could send Wando home but I'm going to say Mann and Wando in finals with a 6-1 win. First half will be entertaining.
This could change as soon as Mann finishes playing Mauldin, Christ and hanna again. This will help the investigator to determine if its the same ol mann or if they found the killer instinct this year. With Riverside no longer paying off refs this changes the landscape of the playoffs.
Mann girls should finish number one in polls at the end of regular season after Riverside gets upset by Eastside and Wando loses their last match against Academic Magnet so thats cool.
Also I see the referee blog has started again. Move on from that. You have as many as 80 games going at one time in the state and you still wonder why there isn't 160 good refs on that day. Jeez

You had me until the Mann girls with a 6-1 win against Wando in the State Championship. You really can't be serious. If you are, you have given the Mann players a whole lot to live up to. How about you just let them play the games instead of making ridiculous predictions? If I knew who you were, I would place a pretty confident bet that no team will score six goals in the state championship. Mann is a very good team, but your arrogance doesn't help the team. It's best to lay low and impress on the field.

I will ask again if your coach and the other Mann parents appreciate all of your talk on the forum. One person can make a whole team look bad, and parents just need to control themselves and let their kids play.

B
brace
brace
B
Passing: Comparatively speaking, as opposed to last year.

B
brace
brace
B
Tell you the truth, it wouldn't surprise (or bother) me if NEITHER got through.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
As usual MT take the fun out of everything

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Is this anyway to thank me for money I spent on the investigator. Travel, expenses and CESA dues for one year

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Upon further investigation Mann's first round playoff opponent is harder than the second round since they don't seed the teams. Another flaw in the system.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

As usual MT take the fun out of everything

I think if you listened to some of the Mann parents, they aren't thinking this thread is "fun". I just have an issue with arrogance before the games are played. Being modest and humble is so much more appealing and will have people saying good rather than bad about a team. I do know several of the Mann girls, and they are humble. They are a talented group who have a very good future ahead of them. For the next several years, they will be the team to beat. I imagine you are the parent of one of these girls. Sit back and enjoy the ride and act like a parent your school, the team and your child could be proud of.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Upon further investigation Mann's first round playoff opponent is harder than the second round since they don't seed the teams. Another flaw in the system.

Who is your first round opponent? Have you wrapped up first place in the region yet or do you have play TL Hanna first?

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
No. Its confusing to me. If mann beats Hanna they lock up first but if they lose do they go to goal differential? If so mann is up 2 goals. So the first place team plays Dorman or Wade hampton with Dorman having the edge. Thats tough first round . Second round is with division three which I consider weaker

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Who will be the likely winner of division 3?

Dorman and Wade Hampton are both better than their record reflects. On a given night, they could beat most teams in the upstate, maybe not consistently, but on a given night.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Its worse than I thought. It would be easier route for Mann to finish 2nd in their conference than first. Because division 3 number two seed(Fort Mill) plays highest 5th seed ;that would be Wade Hampton. So basically mann would have to beat Dorman, Wade hampton, Riverside than probably Hanna out of the bottom bracket to get to finals.
If they finish second they would play spartanburg, northwestern, mauldin/blythewood winner, riverside/hanna winner.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

You had me until the Mann girls with a 6-1 win against Wando in the State Championship. You really can't be serious. If you are, you have given the Mann players a whole lot to live up to. How about you just let them play the games instead of making ridiculous predictions? If I knew who you were, I would place a pretty confident bet that no team will score six goals in the state championship. Mann is a very good team, but your arrogance doesn't help the team. It's best to lay low and impress on the field.

I will ask again if your coach and the other Mann parents appreciate all of your talk on the forum. One person can make a whole team look bad, and parents just need to control themselves and let their kids play.

Arrogance??? Mann???

That's two peas in a pod!!!

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Look how wonderful seeding would be. I went ahead and did it for the SCHSL. Fill free to use it.
1. Riverside
2. Mann
3. Blythewood
4. Hanna
5. Northwestern
6. Mauldin
7. Fort Mill
8. Spring Valley
9. Dorman
10.Wade hampton
11.Nations Ford
12.Spartanburg
13.Clover
14.Hillcrest
15. Boiling Springs
16.Greenwood
Look at these fair and honest matchups. It only took me 5 min.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 04/19/13 06:38 PM.
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Arrogance??? Mann???

That's two peas in a pod!!!

Whats that song bomber. Its hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way

Cajunkid #161904 04/24/13 05:24 PM
G
Bench
Bench
G
Quote:

It's good to see once again, that a Mann fan is again running their mouth.

Mann fans are well known, not only in the Upstate, but the State, as enjoying to "run their mouths".

If you have ever been at any of their athletic events it's the same old song. Yell at the refs, challenge every call, yell about the opposing team being too aggressive, yada, yada, blahh, blahhh, blah.

And to challenge Mauldin and Riverside, two teams who have historically "owned" Mann in girls soccer.

Yes, Mann is loaded this year, yes, they should be higher ranked, maybe that explains their desire to "run it up" on inferior talent.

Nice lesson about sportsmanship, Coach.

Even Gwenn had some dignity.

Thanks Cajunkid... I think... Gwynne (Gwenn)

GArmstrong #161905 04/24/13 05:41 PM
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Your welcome.

Too bad you did not get to enjoy this year with what was incoming to Mann.

You certainly paid your dues and should still be at Mann.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard