Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
James Gray #162018 04/18/13 03:13 AM
Goal
Goal
In a game where it is 2 Ref System and the game is tied 1 - 1 at half. One of the referees could no longer continue so they suggested we went straight to PK's or play the other half with volunteer refs for out of bounds balls. Ummm.... Can you go to PK's right after 1 half? I was a little thrown off when they said it.

eMnAvA #162019 04/18/13 10:15 AM
J
Brace
Brace
J
You can't go to PKs after 1 half, but the game can be ended right there. You just need to have 1 half complete for it to be considered a full game.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
N
Kickoff
Kickoff
N
It is, what it is! And this all is for HS rules below. A little different for USSF. And what i mean different is the restarts.

explain a little more.
Were both players standing inside the Penalty area when the ball was touched? If yes, this is Considered to be encroachment.

Or was the ball touched forward and an attacking player ran from outside the area and attempted to kick it into the goal? If yes, this is a legal play on the ball.

If an attacking player infringes as in the first instance, keeper saves and holds ball play continues with keeper in possession. If keeper deflects the ball back in play or out over the goal line, restart is IFK at the spot of the infraction. If the ball goes out over the goal line with no other player touching, goal kick.

If the ball had entered the goal, it is to be retaken. yep.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Nuke 'em if you got 'em; 04/18/13 01:59 PM.
I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Had to laugh last night. Center ref awarded a PK for a foul in the box. We did it, they should have gotten a PK.

What followed was mind blowing. The ref allowed two of their players in the box. One pushed a pass forward to other one who blasted the ball from an angle. Our keeper stopped it... But what the heck was that?

This all happened in the box, all at once. One did not come into the box later. They started within two arm lengths... WAY inside the box.

N
Kickoff
Kickoff
N
HS game.

N
Kickoff
Kickoff
N
I hope the goalie kept possession and the referee made the right call and allowed play to continue because of the stupidness of the additional attacker in the area.

James Gray #162024 04/18/13 03:35 PM
Goal
Goal
Quote:

You can't go to PKs after 1 half, but the game can be ended right there. You just need to have 1 half complete for it to be considered a full game.

But if games are not allowed to end in a tie, wouldn't we have to go to PK's? Doesn't it say that a "winner" must be determined. We played the second half, but I am just wondering.

I
goal
goal
I
She blocked it off the end line. Our expert said as soon as the second one touched it, it was illegal and should have been a kick from that spot, for us.

C
Coach
Coach
C
If the players from the attacking team were already inside the penalty area when the kick was taken, it would be encroachment whether or not the second player touched the ball. In that situation:

1. If the goal is scored, it is nullified and the kick is retaken.

2. If the goal is not scored, there is no re-kick. If:

a. the ball crosses the end line untouched, it is a goal kick.

b. the ball rebounds into play or is deflected out of bounds by the goalkeeper, play is stopped and an indirect free kick is awarded at the spot of the encroachment.

c. the keeper saves and holds the ball, play continues from the goalkeeper as normal--no free kick. Sounds like this is what happened...in which case, good officiating!

(This is all, of course, if this was a HS match under NFHS rules; for a club match under the Laws of the Game, an indirect free kick from the spot of the infringement would be the result in any case if the ball did not enter the goal.)

I've got good news and bad news...
Coach Chass #162027 04/18/13 06:45 PM
I
goal
goal
I
Why would you ever let encroachment start or continue?

It was two girls, within 6 feet of each other. One passes then one shots.

Our keeper knocks it off the end line. We got a goal kick.

Why not dead at the time the second player touched it, and caused the encroachment to happen?

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a ref push players back one half or one foot to keep them out of the area. (hint: MANY) I think that is the purpose of the D on the box, right? So all those were wrong, and they should have allowed the encroachment, and all this other mess to happen? (Why would he give them permission to shoot, when the second player was in holding hands distance, before he gave the go ahead?) Not a very logical situation. I respect you and the way you approach things coach, not doubting you... this is however very backwards to me.

I left out the whole game of horrible calls that led to this, Laughable situation, near the end. He may have tied for the worst ref I have ever seen. (Mr. Magoo, from Lexington is right there with him)

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard