A
I THINK WHO EVER MAKES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MISTAKES WILL WIN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA will beat NA like a drum. NA was looking pretty decent until Eric left. Probably something like 4-0.

As for Aiken and Lexington, I'd tend to think that we(Aiken) still have the better team, but with the way we played against WK and OW, and from all I've heard about Lexington's improvement, it could really go either way. With that said, we'll win 2-0. I think we're gonna be a team that plays up to people(Irmo and Greenwood) and then plays down to people(WK and OW). I think we also play well when it's rainy for some reason(rainy here, something like 60 degrees).

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
What happened to Eric??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know if I should say. Nothing bad. He's not playing for them any more, though.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
That's fine. As long as he didn't get hurt or in trouble or something like that. My guess is that he's not playing HS anymore in favor of just playing for the Fire. Rhodes probably had a hand in that. Too bad for NA though....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you could say that.

haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I heard about Eric. That's good news for NA. I'm still surprised they held SA scoreless.

Aiken beat Lexington 1-0, but it should've been a lot worse. We hit the post 2 or 3 times and had probably 8 other really good scoring chances, we just couldn't seem to finish. Their keeper made a few real nice saves, too. I thought Lexington would be a lot better than they were. They might've had two or three quality scoring chances, and the best defender on their team was the goalpost. We were in their 18 for probably 30 percent of the game.

Hopefully we can get a little revenge on NA in two days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The best defender on their team was the goalpost." I'd have to disagree with this statement. Aiken has a load of talent in their offense and to hold them 1-0 you've got to have some sort of defense. I'll agree that Aiken contolled most of the game and had many chances to score, but if the defense was as bad as you're making them out to be, would it really be that hard to put more than one in the net? If you look at Lexington's last three games they've allowed 3 goals total against North Augusta, S. Aiken, and Aiken. Looks to me like their big problem is making something happen up top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"to hold them 1-0 you've got to have some sort of defense"

"if the defense was as bad as you're making them out to be, would it really be that hard to put more than one in the net?"

Ok. The post saved your defense on a few occasions. Your goalie is pretty good, and made 3 or 4 impressive saves. The rest of the time, you'd just have 3 or 4 guys clogging the middle, and we'd end up taking poor shots or nearly scoring. If your defense was as GOOD as you're making it out to be, we wouldn't have had all those scoring chances. I have nothing against Lexington yet this year(except a few of your fans, who are the most annoying I've seen in a LONG time), all I'm saying is that your defense has a lot of room to improve. A couple inches here and there, and that was a 4-0 Aiken win, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Just my opinion. As for your play up top, I think you guys rush it a little too much sometimes, leading to bad through balls and the like. I think you might miss Maupin a little more than you think. I don't think you guys are really good out of the air either, something that you lacked last year as well. You've got potential, but there's a lot you need to work on before the next time we play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Headstrong I agree .... we do have some annoying parents

"If you look at Lexington's last three games they've allowed 3 goals total against North Augusta, S. Aiken."

Yall have the best all around offense in the region... No doubt.. but really if the D was that bad why werent there more goals...

Yea whas up with SA bein shut out... When we played Na there Defense wasnt all that great at all.. I expected SA to run all over them...

Link Copied to Clipboard