Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Took this pic of you guys at some JL Mann games...

Thats me on the left. Dont remember when it was being taken but by the background it must have been in Clover

Goal
Goal
AS Steve Spurrier once said, "They can call us many things, but they can't call us losers."

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Beautiful. I have a child playing soccer at a small school. They don't win alot but the games are competitive. There are 3 or 4 games a year when they get their butts handed to them and they walk off the field moaning but they don't complain about the other team running it up. They know if they don't like it; then get better. Run a extra lap, work on your strength and skills on the weekends. Put the extra time necessary to improve or just enjoy the game and the other things college has to offer. So if anyone gets a chance to run it up on Mann; do it. They only have themselves to blame. Also to quote Spurrier " Its not my job to stop us" Everybody seems to have a particular number in their head and once it reaches that number the team needs to stop. The coach has a game plan and at the end of the year he can decide if he needs to change his plan. "Stay classy San Diego"

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

AS Steve Spurrier once said, "They can call us many things, but they can't call us losers."

Keep in mind, this is high school soccer. None of these coaches gets paid what Spurrier does, and they aren't likely coaching anyone with the potential of playing beyond college. It's girl's soccer and we all have to realize that the coach, the players, and the parents are a reflection of the school. In this case the talent of this team is overshadowed by the scores against the weaker teams.

MT4ME #162893 04/25/13 07:33 PM
B
Bomber Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Keep in mind, this is high school soccer. None of these coaches gets paid what Spurrier does, and they aren't likely coaching anyone with the potential of playing beyond college. It's girl's soccer and we all have to realize that the coach, the players, and the parents are a reflection of the school. In this case the talent of this team is overshadowed by the scores against the weaker teams.

What is it you are trying to say?

The school Mann, is made up of a bunch of jerks?

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not at all. Look at the Mann threads and the comments which are directed at the coach, the school, the players, and the parents. Do you not agree that what this group of girls has accomplished and will accomplish this year is being overshadowed by 19-0, 14-0, 12-0 scores against weaker teams? The reality is, in high school sports, strong teams play much weaker teams, and the way they handle those games can create controvesy (how many Mann threads do we have on this now? Three? Four?). Mann played Christ Church last night and won 2-0. Yet, I haven't seen that mentioned. Instead the comments about running up the scores continue. This is a very good team. They may well be the 4A State Champs and will be the team to beat for the next several years.

Knowing some of these girls, I hate to see that comments have been directed at them. Their coach has made the decision to score as many goals as they can, which is his choice, and the players have no part of that, yet there have been some negative comments about them.

Go back to any of my comments about this topic and tell me where I've once said the school, the parents, the players or the coach are "jerks".

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Yes. But Wando 14-0,13-0,11-0 is not. Dutch Fork 15-0,13-0 is not. BC 10-0,11-0,10-0 is not. South Aiken 14-0,12-0,16-0,10-0 is not. Shall I continue.? These girls are on an island by themselves. No student support. Playing under the shadow of the boys team. The only time students come to a game is if you make it to the state.Nobody from Mann reads these post nor care what MT4ME or bomber says. A coach and a couple of players do not reflect the school. They reflect themselves. Sure you want to represent your school in a positive way; but if nobody is there and the paper doesn't report it I guess it never happened. It will be a great 3rd round matchup with Riverside in the playoffs and will be something to watch.

MT4ME #162896 04/25/13 08:03 PM
B
Bomber Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not at all. Look at the Mann threads and the comments which are directed at the coach, the school, the players, and the parents. Do you not agree that what this group of girls has accomplished and will accomplish this year is being overshadowed by 19-0, 14-0, 12-0 scores against weaker teams? The reality is, in high school sports, strong teams play much weaker teams, and the way they handle those games can create controvesy (how many Mann threads do we have on this now? Three? Four?). Mann played Christ Church last night and won 2-0. Yet, I haven't seen that mentioned. Instead the comments about running up the scores continue. This is a very good team.

Knowing some of these girls, I hate to see that comments have been directed at them. Their coach has made the decision to score as many goals as they can, and the players have no part of that, yet there have been some negative comments about them.

I will agree with you Mann appears to be quite good. To beat Mauldin, CCES, I believe Hanna, yes you are good.

I am surprised parents or even more so, the administration at Mann has not addressed the "run up" issue.

From what has been posted, some of the players are not happy about, they are in a difficult situation.

One team in the Upstate that is highly ranked, played a team that has maybe one win, the Coach of the highly ranked team only allowed 6 goals. Could they have put 10, 15, even 20 on them? Probably. But really, let's show some class.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Yes. I can always pick out the club coaches. Something the SCHSL can look into is club tournaments. These tournaments only count a maximum of 3 goal differentials to determine tie breakers. Nice way to encourage keeping scores down. SCHSL uses a total goals minus goals against with no cut off. Of course this is the same board who make games go to pk's during regular season matches and jv play overtime. One year Mann got a 3 seed instead of a two seed because of this system. It came down to us beating Berea 9-1 and the other team beating Berea 10-0. We played with 8 in second half and no goalie the last 5 min. I would like to see some sort of mercy rule in place for soccer. Maybe cut second half to 20 min. I 've seen some crazy lacrosse scores. Wonder how that goes over with their fans.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 04/26/13 11:27 AM.
S
bench
bench
S
If that's you on the left, Mike W. must be in the middle and Mike K. on the right.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard