F
throw in
throw in
F
Quote:

Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer

Mann is a very good team. Few times have I really felt that the refs were for the home team. In this case, i will quote me college soccer playing daughter who was at the game " that was the most one sided reffed game I have ever seen" and she is a referee. Congrats to Mann

brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer

Mann is a very good team. Few times have I really felt that the refs were for the home team. In this case, i will quote me college soccer playing daughter who was at the game " that was the most one sided reffed game I have ever seen" and she is a referee. Congrats to Mann

Thought that was a pair of closely matched young teams (very few seniors 2 total for FM and what maybe 5 starters for Mann) likely to be a few rematches in the next couple years. Maybe in future game homecook reffing will not be as big a part of deciding the outcome.
As for the "bad press" Mann has gotten in the other threads. They played as hard as the refs left them and the parents were no worse than any others (the other team parents always complain more than yours right ) I've seen this year. In fact I know I saw worse at one game cause the ref did not have to throw any parents out! (saw that a few weeks ago). Good luck to Mann the rest of the way (dont you always want to lose the the eventual champ???

C
Goal
Goal
C
Excellent match played by both sides, very proud of my girls.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/05/08/4846239/tl-hanna-scores-twice-in-last.html

Last edited by Cantona; 05/09/13 05:56 PM.
T
Throw In
Throw In
T
Fort Mill was one of the most organized team that we have played
all season
Congrats to the girls giving us a great game..
That is the quality of teams we wish to see more in the Region games

Last edited by Coach-Georgopoulos; 05/09/13 02:03 PM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Quote:

Fort Mill was one of the most organized and team that we have played
all season

Wow.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

Mann 2
Fort Mill 1
Good soccer

Boy do I feel like an idiot. I know I was at the Mann field; but I must had the times wrong. I watched a great game between two physical teams with the home team winning in the last minute. I saw some missed calls on both sides in the middle of the field but none that would have changed the outcome of the game. There was a foul called by sideline ref against the visitors in the box but it was waved off by center ref. Also a hand ball outside the box by the visiting team that I guess he didn't see.
So Fort Mill and Mann must have been the second game. I wished I would have seen that one. If a college soccer player says it was one sided then she would know. Dang. Hate that for the visiting team. Its rare to see the losing team complain about refs.
Oh well;off to riverside. Talk about home cooking. Its already 1-0 Riverside. They got a pk for something today and we aren' there yet.

G
throw in
throw in
G
I am sure Riverside will feel the same way Friday after they beat JLM 2-1

Quote:

Quote:

Fort Mill was one of the most organized and team that we have played
all season

Wow.

Running with the big dogs
brace
brace
Since you missed the game maybe you can tell us the foul numbers for the game you did see and we can compare and see if they were as lopsided for this one too?
Also have rarely see the home team complain about the refing when they get the majority of the calls thier way!!

Most of the call the visitors got were in thier own end while the homers were getting them every where. Saw a defender grab a hold the fwd from behind running right up the middle and got no call (grabbed arm then shirt to hold her back) happens all the time some get some do not not blaming ref for missing every call just for not calling it even on the physical play. Oh and when the Mann player took a dive in the box and rolled around for 30 sec holding her knee... Well funny when ref came up and told her no foul she HOPPED up and ran to get ready for the throw in. Gamesmanship or poor sportmansship guess it depends which team your pulling for.

No there was no one single call that changed the game (hand ball for PK maybe but that call is really a discresion thing and do not blame him for calling it) the fact that one team could get much more physical before they were called for a foul now that does change a game. When one team gets called for a bump foul every time and the other plows a girl over with no call that changes a game. The term 50/50 ball was more like 80/20 with the visitors on the 20 side.

Hey any time a game goes down to almost the end before its settled and the winners squeek by on two questionable goals, questionable in that they could have both been called off by the refs, and to be fair they could have both been good correct calls, its gonna cause a stir.

Good Luck with Riverside and maybe you should get someone to get you the correct time for that one so you get see if they use the same cooks , hopefullly you do not get indigestion Fri night! Like I said I'll be pulling for Mann

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
WHEN YOU EXTEND YOUR ARMS YOU WILL GET A FOUL. WHEN TWO PEOPLE COLLIDE GOING FOR A BALL AND ONE PERSON FALLS IT IS NOT A FOUL. NEVER SEEN A MATCH WHEN PLAYERS ARE NOT GRABBING JERSEYS. NO OFFSIDES ON THE GOALS. MANN IS BIGGER AND MORE PHYSICAL AND SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED FOR THAT. I WATCHED GAME. WAS NOT CALLED POORLY;. WE CAN GO BACK AND FORTH AND NEVER AGREE.
I ENJOYED WATCHING THE GAME AND NOT THE REFS.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
On second thought. you're right. Fort Mill was robbed. Different refs would have changed the outcome. Mann would be going home. Maybe petition the league. A hollow victory. Hate it when the better team wins. Maybe karma will get them Friday.

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard