Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Kickoff
Kickoff
Wando's goal came in the final minute of regulation. Megan O'Connor finished a loose ball in the box to win it 1-0. Wando's keeper Logan Nelson had a great game. Hope the Dutch Fork girl who was injured gets better fast.

A
Throw In
Throw In
A
When you extend your arms you will get a foul.

Ahh...no. You will get a foul called if you extend your arms and PUSH or Charge in a reckless or careless manner. Extending your arms is not a foul. Having officiated more college games then most people see in their lifetime I see defenders place their hands on the backs of opponents all the time, or shield using their arms. Its almost never called.

But that is not the issue. If you are up by a goal with 5 minutes left and you don't win, shame on you. You can't end a game. If you don't have the skill to keep possession of the ball, then ball should be into touch all the time. That's poor coaching.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Fort Mill was one of the most organized team that we have played
all season
Congrats to the girls giving us a great game..
That is the quality of teams we wish to see more in the Region games

Classic!

brace
brace
Geeez first in one post you yell then the next you go all mea-culpa guilt trip on me . Maybe you have food poisioning not indigestion? You are right we saw it different ways you get to say how you saw it and we get to saw how we saw it. No heart burn here it is just a game after all. Everyone will think what they want you YELL your peace or get bitter and snide if you want, thats your right.

By the way just because "MANN IS BIGGER AND MORE PHYSICAL" does not mean the littler less physical team gets to be roughed up and it is fair. Besides the way the calls went the little less physical players were the ones being too "physical"

You can bait me but it is a no go still pulling for Mann the girls play the game the ref lets them. They did a good job and I hope they keep playing hard, Good Luck

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Obviously I meant extending your arm in the process of pushing.I just find it curious that Wade Hampton and Hanna seem to not have a problem with Mann's play. IN fact there has been no complaints against style of play until Fort Mill came to town. If you want to look back in the posts a few years it seems to be a trend

Last edited by Passingthetime; 05/09/13 08:55 PM.
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Ahh...no. You will get a foul called if you extend your arms and PUSH or Charge in a reckless or careless manner. Extending your arms is not a foul. Having officiated more college games then most people see in their lifetime I see defenders place their hands on the backs of opponents all the time, or shield using their arms. Its almost never called.

But that is not the issue. If you are up by a goal with 5 minutes left and you don't win, shame on you. You can't end a game. If you don't have the skill to keep possession of the ball, then ball should be into touch all the time. That's poor coaching.

Were you the ref for THIS game or are you speaking in general??

I find it hard to believe that Fort Mill was committing twice as many fouls as JL Mann.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Obviously I meant extending your arm in the process of pushing.I just find it curious that Wade Hampton and Hanna seem to not have a problem with Mann's play. IN fact there has been no complaints against style of play until Fort Mill came to town. If you want to look back in the posts a few years it seems to be a trend

We are not complaining about the girls style of play.

The complaint is about the ref and the one sided nature of the calls.

Does anyone have an official score keeper notation of how many fouls were called per team? I would be interested in seeing the breakdown.

S
bench
bench
S
I always hate it when a team loses and then questions the integrity of the officials.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Well the boys are playing fort mill now and winning so get ready. Fort mill has 6 direct kicks in first half to manns 3. So i dont wont to hear anything

kick off
kick off
Fort Mill girls were called for 9 fouls. Anyone have the number for Mann?

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard