Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
brace
brace
Well of course not your in the wrong thread for that, it would be on the Boys side for those gripes

By the way the current trend you can read in the threads is people getting offended and saying thier players are bing dissed every time a question is raised. We have not said anything about the girls, in fact find the post where a negitive thing was said how thier play/skill and quote it back......

Karma comes from beating an 0-12 team by 34-0 goals in two games. Not winning a close scrappy game in the last 3 min. See I said you won it are you happy? Never said the Mann players did'nt earn a win, just wondered about the Reffing and its impact on the game.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
What a well written article. It is refreshing to see a reporter that actually knows something about soccer.

Quote:

Excellent match played by both sides, very proud of my girls.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/05/08/4846239/tl-hanna-scores-twice-in-last.html

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
I can't believe that you are whining about the refs. How ridiculous for an grown person. Didn't they teach you in soccer 101 that the coaches are the only ones that should have any contact and words about or to the refs? I have seen games where the ball goes over the line in the goal and the ref doesn't call it a goal. Is that fair? That game was right in your back yard with experienced refs. And we lost because of it. They do the best they can. I bet your coach would love to see how much of an issue you are making about the refs. You have to walk away knowing that both teams took whatever the refs would give them and thats how they played the game. End of story.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Quote:

What a well written article. It is refreshing to see a reporter that actually knows something about soccer.

Quote:

Excellent match played by both sides, very proud of my girls.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/05/08/4846239/tl-hanna-scores-twice-in-last.html

well-written indeed !

C
Goal
Goal
C
Completely agree,

Bret McCormick @BretJust1T for The Herald, has done a great job all season covering the soccer scene for York county.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

I can't believe that you are whining about the refs. How ridiculous for an grown person. Didn't they teach you in soccer 101 that the coaches are the only ones that should have any contact and words about or to the refs? I have seen games where the ball goes over the line in the goal and the ref doesn't call it a goal. Is that fair? That game was right in your back yard with experienced refs. And we lost because of it. They do the best they can. I bet your coach would love to see how much of an issue you are making about the refs. You have to walk away knowing that both teams took whatever the refs would give them and thats how they played the game. End of story.

Our coach did say something to the girls about the refs.

After seeing a 100 plus games over the years you know that everyone complains about the refs, it is part of the game. But during the first half there was call after call against the Fort Mill side and and almost nothing going the other way and that makes you start to wonder.

Is it possible that the Ft Mill girls were committing 2 or 3 fouls for every one by Mann? Maybe. Does that mean the ref was 'home cooking?' probably not. It could be that the FM girls were doing more pushing and shoving because the Mann girls were bigger and using their bodies in ways the FM girls could not. Without going back and watching the game on video it is hard to tell what happened, but it certainly seemed that the FM girls were getting a lot more fouls called against them than the Mann girls were.

That being said I don't want to take anything away from the Mann girls who played a great game. They beat us to the ball on a regular basis and played one hell of a game. They may be the best team in the state, certainly the best team we have played.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
That was kind of my point. If the game is not being called right,it is up to the coach to put a stop to it if he can. Any time that I have said anything to a good coach, they always say that they have had many games that were a lot worse. We had our goalie taken out against great team this year and she should have been taken to the hospital for stitches and a red card should have been thrown, But it was play on. If we had lost that game, it wouldn't have come down to that play or only a couple more. It would have been time for our defense to step up and not let any balls through if possible to a another goalie.
You know what was funny, after the game, we as parents sat on the side and said that Fort Mill was the best that we had faced all year. We came close to overtime or losing, but it was not because of the refs. Good luck next year!
By the way, we have 1 player gone to nationals camp this week. She is probably one of the best defenders in the state. If we make it through tonight, I can't wait till next week.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
And thats fine Pjay. I have no problem with those comments. Opponents can question they way a game is called or debate a particular goal. There are refs who allow more physical play and those who blow the whistle ever minute. My only issue was the quote"the worst one-sided game ever called".
I just did not see that. I agree I may have tunnel vision.
FM is the best team Mann has played .
Between that game and Wade Hampton ;I hope it helps with their game tonight.
Hate that the field at Riverside is in need of some TLC. Mann doesn't have a field of dreams but it does have grass and the ball rolls true.
I love the games when the players decide the game and the refs are seen but not heard. And please no decision by PK's.Play to you drop.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
I would love to see Mann and Fort Mill play on a turf field in a neutral location.

Would be a great game. Way too much slipping and falling down at that game.

Good thing for us is that we only had 2 seniors. Next year we have 8 and 6 of them will probably start. If we can win our region and get home field we should have a very good chance of making it to the championship game.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Love to see high school teams on true fields.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard