A
GK Jonathan Reynolds Ninety-Six
D Will McLane Ninety-Six
M Jon Avala Ninety-Six
M Davis Dickey Ninety-Six
M/F Grant Dickey Ninety-Six
GK Willie Traylor Mid- Carolina
M Jesus Reyes Mid- Carolina
M/F Dillon Pelton Mid- Carolina(Player of the Year)
F Humberto Hernandez Mid- Carolina
D Rocindo Lopez Mid- Carolina
D Ernesto Bautista Newberry
M Jose Lozano Newberry
F Erick Arroyo Newberry
D Steven Torres Saluda
M Jose Enrique Alcantara Saluda
GK/M Ross Shealy Batesburg-Leesville

W
bench
bench
W
Grant Dickey's stats: 57 goals, 19 assists, 133 points
Dillon Pelton's stats: 33 goals, 22 assists, 88 points

Two coaches put Grant last on ballot with four players nominated.

Dillon put first or second on all ballots while Grant last on two ballots.

Dillon is a great player. He deserves recognition. Grant is a deserving player as well. The coaches did not vote based on stats. Grant deserves region player of the year. Coaches, you could not stop Grant on the field so I guess your payback is voting him last. At the very least, they should have been co-region players. Should you not cast an honest ballot? Hope you can sleep at night being so petty.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Be careful or you will be vilified by others on this site for being honest about the pettiness of grown men who feel threatened by the talents of kids

B
bwb Offline
Bench
Bench
B
Congratulations to Dillon Pelton for being voted Region Player of the Year. I am sure it was a very difficult decision to make with TWO outstanding players being considered. I do not have to agree with the decision but I have to believe that the coaches in the region truly believe that Grant Dickey with 57 goals and 19 assists with 24 region goals with 9 of them against the second and third place teams in our region was not the best player in our region. I have to believe that the process was done fairly and justly and that he simply lost to another outstanding player. Once again congratulations to Dillon. Good luck in the NS game and good luck at Newberry College.

I do not hide behind a screen name

Ben Brown
Ninety Six HS
Head Boys Soccer Coach

Last edited by bwb; 05/18/13 06:20 PM.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Well said Coach Brown.

A
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
A
Since some found it necessary to post stats on these young men, let me point out a couple of things and understand this is difficult, because I am not just Dillon's coach but his Dad.
First, Dillon did what he did in 7 less games-almost one third of the season(and he missed 2 games--did not play 2nd half in both Abbeville and Fairfield games)
Second, all I could do was nominate him--I could not vote for him.
Third, this team was actually voted on twice. After team was announced via email Tuesday, one team protested and demanded a face to face meeting and a re-vote. This was done Thursday--same result.
Grant Dickey is not just a fine player, he is an excellent player. Good luck to him his senior year--I believe he will be a very good college player.
In reference to above, since I could not vote for my son, I sleep fine at night.
And lost in all of this, our region has many other fine players I think have college potential.

J
bench
bench
J
Since coach Brown appears to be done with this topic I'm going to point out a couple of things.
First, I'm a fan that attended all most all the 96 games this year so I have seen both games that MCHS played against 96. If I recall correctly Dillon scored one goal against us and was called offsides at least 8 times I stopped counting after 8. Grant scored 4 goals in those two games. MCHS beat us 2-1 and 96 beat MCHS 5-0 the second time. RPY could not muster up a single goal even when 96 had there subs in. Grant scored 4 goals against Newberry HS in a 4-3 win the first time we played them and he scored 2 goals in a 4-1 win the second time we played them in the playoffs against Newberry Grant had 5 goals in a 6-4 win 15 goals against the second and third place teams from the region.
Second, the MCHS rebels played AJ HS in the second round and lost 3-0 to a good AJ team. The RPY scored 0 goals in that game. When my wildcats played AJ guess who scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in a 5-4 win over AJHS Grant Dickey did.
Third, if Coach Brown demanded a face to face meeting I'm sure it was simply to fight for his player. He probably never thought that such an injustice would happen when you see each other face to face as opposed to emails. Well that certainly was not the case.
I will not be as nice as Coach Brown simply put Grant got screwed for what ever reason only the coaches know why. I bet you you Coach got screwed as well. Who was named Region Coach of the Year? From what I have heard our girls got screwed even more.
Look out next year

J
bench
bench
J
Coach Pelton how many region games did Dillon miss? Region and non region stats are two different things? How many playoff games did Dillon miss? Where did you put Grant on the ballot? First, second, third, or last? No one will know except you.

Link Copied to Clipboard