Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Goal
Goal
But if you look at the film, from what I was told, you do see the arm move towards the ball and the ball rolls up the player's forearm and arm.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Facilities in Gilbert are great, however the field is too narrow I would have liked to see the 3a and 4a games on regulation size field there were very talented players that could have done more with the appropriate space

HH had some skilled players and I was impressed with the midfield play of lexington.

Throw In
Throw In
#4 from Hilton Head dribbled across the eighteen from left to right against #2 for Eastside. He attempts a shot and #2 semi blocks the shot. I think it was just a reaction from #15 from Eastside, but he sticks his left arm out. The ball hits his left front forearm and bounces right in front of him. Based on the video (WYFF video) #2 and #18 for Eastside look like they kind of know it was a handball.
They have the replay of all the games on the schsl.tv website. I guess you can make your own determination.

K
bench
bench
K
Outside of the field being too narrow for the caliber of event being hosted,I thought the Gilbert facilities were fine.

A
Throw In
Throw In
A
That was so close you could argue either way on the call.

By the letter of the law, yes it is a hand ball.

By the spirit of the law, wow, it is really tough to have that be the outcome of a match, let alone a state championship. Especially if the kid is only a yard in the box, and it comes off of a rebound like that.

The referee did a good job selling the call, if you slow the video down and then pause it, he is the only one signaling for a handball, none of the HHI players are.

In my 25+ years of experience I wouldn't call it, however, I can't argue against it being called as well.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Certainly looks like a hand ball on the video replay.

Although the quality is bad. The kid reacted before the whistle so I think he knew it was a hand ball.

Tough call though. He certainly didn't gain advantage off it especially since it bounces right back to the Hilton Head kid.

That is why the pro's put their hands behind their backs when in the box. Last thing you want is to lose a game over and inadvertent hand ball in the box.

J
bench
bench
J
Quote:

Facilities in Gilbert are great, however the field is too narrow I would have liked to see the 3a and 4a games on regulation size field there were very talented players that could have done more with the appropriate space

HH had some skilled players and I was impressed with the midfield play of lexington.

Do you know what the dimensions of the Gilbert fields were for the Championship games? What are the dimensions of the field that your team normally plays on?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Do you know what the dimensions of the Gilbert fields were for the Championship games? What are the dimensions of the field that your team normally plays on?

Gilbert's pitch measured between 63-64 yards in width (about 5-6 wider than regular season) and 114-116 yards in length.

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 05/19/13 10:07 PM.
Throw In
Throw In
The final PK that was almost saved but rolls in in the Irmo/Lex game has gone "viral." ESPN tweeted it earlier and also the website 101 great goals is now promoting the video as well. Pretty cool.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard