Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
I watched part of this game on the internet and I must say this has to be embarrassing for the SCHSL. BE and St.J or CC always winning these championships in almost every sport. Is it even fun for them?

bench
bench
I can assure you that the SCHSL does not care. I heard one lady at the ticket booth ask if there was a mercy rule and she worked for the League I think. All they care about is doing as little work as possible and getting it over with IMO. I stayed for all the games on Saturday, missed Friday, but I can tell you that the SCHSL folks did not care about the production of the events. There were no programs, the announcer kept citing everyone as "champions" when B-H had just gotten bombed 12-zip and they didn't even have food in the concession stand. Ok, pizza and p-nuts, but no hot dogs or Snickers. Pretty shoddy if you ask me.

Who let the Dogs Out ??????
I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

I watched part of this game on the internet and I must say this has to be embarrassing for the SCHSL. BE and St.J or CC always winning these championships in almost every sport. Is it even fun for them?

Yes, it is fun for them... fairness is another question.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

There were no programs, the announcer kept citing everyone as "champions" when B-H had just gotten bombed 12-zip and they didn't even have food in the concession stand. Ok, pizza and p-nuts, but no hot dogs or Snickers.

No programs: Slack

Champions: Technically, all the teams were Champions because each did win either Lower State Championship and Upper State Championship. Sure BHHS got beat bad, but they still should be congratulated on winning Lower State. Indian Land upper state champ. Eastside upper state champ. Lexington "lower" state champ.

Food: I don't get what was up with the food. That could have been one of the easiest fixes for them.

C
kick off
kick off
C
One thing I would like to see happen in SCHSL is for South Carolina to crown an overall state champion. I suggest the winner of each 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A have a 4 team tournament.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Easy solution.

The private schools should be forced to compete at the 3a or 4a level instead of the 1a.

1a should ONLY be the small public schools as opposed to elite expensive private schools

A $10,000 a year school located in Greenville competing against a school in a town with 3000 people?? Wando has more students than Blackville has people.

It is a disgrace and the people in charge should be ashamed of themselves.

Goal
Goal
What about private schools competiting in a private school school division...like basketball, football, etc. Or if they compete in one sport with certain conference classifications, then they have to compete in all sports in that classification

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Let them have it both ways. Let the school decide.

You can either compete in your own private league or you can compete at the 3a/4a level.

But don't let these private schools beat up on the small rural schools. It isn't fair to these tiny schools to make them compete against big city private schools.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Only talking about soccer, tennis and golf. Money sports. They don't fair well in 3a and 4a basketball, football, baseball. So basically let them compete in spring sports in 3a. Lacrosse is not broken into classifications.

B
brace
brace
B
Bishop England has won so many state championships in so many sports, BOTH GENDERS, that the advantage is pretty obvious. Not a knock on their accomplishment. They play by the rules. Just not sure that parochial schools with artificially large enrollment zones and the willingness/ability to recruit should be playing in the SCHSL.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard