Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Thanks Pjay.

To further the point that Am. Football rules the state, look at the formation of regions among the schools. Am. Football travels just once a week. We play a home/away schedule among our region that has some teams driving 1hr 45 min one way. I have 3 region games that travel is 1:15 or longer.
Travel is not a consideration for Am. Football, but is believeable for a other sports that have JV & Varsity games on a school night. I regularly return back to school after 11:00pm on a school night. By the time I get all the kids home, I crawl into be after 12:30am. (I try my best to not remove students from class early for travel- our test scores need help).

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Kyle Heise said: "The powers that be at the S.C. High School League, will not consider this whatsoever because all sports must be treated the same in regards to enrollments, etc."
Why? I don't understand why each sport must be treated the same. Is it a convenience thing for the SCHSL? Is it based on NHSL rules?
Oh, and if the SCHSL is focused on "enrollment," why is Wren (1588 students) in 3A while Easley (1511 students) in 4A? Wren gets to play Daniel (968), Walhalla (935), Emerald (946), West-Oak (900), and B-HP (1053); Wren is also the closest to Greenville and hence to CESA. Who came up with that little bit of fairness? The SCHSL is more than willing to fudge on the numbers thing when it wants to (IMHO).

C
Brace
Brace
C
Paul, Schools may appeal to the SCHSL to move up or remain in the previous classification. For example Berkeley HS stayed in the 4a division for many years with a 3a enrollment. The principals and AD make the rules for the league , NOT the SCHSL. IF you wanted something like this to pass you would have to get ALL schools administrations and AD to agree. Then they would have to vote to change by laws. YOU see the problem, trying to get a group of people this big to agree on this would be a very difficult task.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Coach J is correct. The principals and AD's make the decisions. Nothing will change unless coaches and parents contact their AD's and request changes.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard