OP Offline
Brace
C
Sara Dooley-Pickens

S
bench
bench
S
Dear daughtersakeeper, Your thoughts, assumptions and conclusions are all wrong. Before you make comments insulting a group of parents; maybe you should know all the facts before you show your CLASSLESS conduct by posting insulting incorrect comments. The parents did not move to the other end to "continue to harass and taunt the Irmo goalkeeper." The parents move to the other end in every match and I mean every match just in case the team scores a goal. They want to watch their child play just like you!! Now, that you have been proven wrong on your first point; allow me to correct you yet once again. Secondly, NOT ONE and I mean NOT ONE comment was ever directed toward the Irmo keeper. The keeper was NEVER called out in any fashion. ANY and ALL comments were directed specifically at the referee as clearly evidenced by sentences that began with "hey ref" or something to that effect. After numerous erroneous calls by a ref; one parent shouted to the referee "the keeper must be your daughter." Since you stated at the end of your rant "(and yes, my daughter is THAT keeper!);" then maybe you are the referee, I don't know and don't care. But, if you are the referee; then you should be ASHAMED of yourself for the favoritism you showed. If you are not the referee, then, you should be ASHAMED that you showed a lack of courage to talk to the parents themselves; and come on a website and erroneously group the parents all together and call them "CLASSLESS." I'm sure all the parents from every school are perfect. Parents from every school shout at referees from time to time, including YOU. The Irmo keeper played a very solid and good match. If the Irmo keeper believes she was taunted and yelled at then please pass along our sincere apology and let her know she was never personally called out in any fashion; and that NO comment was EVER directed at her, NOT ONE. "Normally don't comment on here," yet you have 13 posts; another wrong statement. YOU "daughtersakeeper" should know better than to cast aspersions and YOU should be ASHAMED. Don't bother commenting back because I will not participate with you. Once your post comes down, so will mine.

S
bench
bench
S
I just hope it wasn't the same official we had at my son's club game Saturday. He was awful and had a "I'm the boss/law" mentality. He started with the coaches BEFORE the game about equipment and player cards. Even asked for birth certificates for a U13 game.

S
bench
bench
S
Wow, that's incredible - most referees are good though.

STRGS #164646 04/24/14 08:26 PM
J
bench
bench
J
Is that the example you want to set, making derogatory comments about a ref? I am not sure what part of the definition of sportsmanship that falls under but it must be a different definition than one I am use to seeing.

A
Throw In
Throw In
A
Quote:

Dear daughtersakeeper, Your thoughts, assumptions and conclusions are all wrong. Before you make comments insulting a group of parents; maybe you should know all the facts before you show your CLASSLESS conduct by posting insulting incorrect comments. The parents did not move to the other end to "continue to harass and taunt the Irmo goalkeeper." The parents move to the other end in every match and I mean every match just in case the team scores a goal. They want to watch their child play just like you!! Now, that you have been proven wrong on your first point; allow me to correct you yet once again. Secondly, NOT ONE and I mean NOT ONE comment was ever directed toward the Irmo keeper. The keeper was NEVER called out in any fashion. ANY and ALL comments were directed specifically at the referee as clearly evidenced by sentences that began with "hey ref" or something to that effect. After numerous erroneous calls by a ref; one parent shouted to the referee "the keeper must be your daughter." Since you stated at the end of your rant "(and yes, my daughter is THAT keeper!);" then maybe you are the referee, I don't know and don't care. But, if you are the referee; then you should be ASHAMED of yourself for the favoritism you showed. If you are not the referee, then, you should be ASHAMED that you showed a lack of courage to talk to the parents themselves; and come on a website and erroneously group the parents all together and call them "CLASSLESS." I'm sure all the parents from every school are perfect. Parents from every school shout at referees from time to time, including YOU. The Irmo keeper played a very solid and good match. If the Irmo keeper believes she was taunted and yelled at then please pass along our sincere apology and let her know she was never personally called out in any fashion; and that NO comment was EVER directed at her, NOT ONE. "Normally don't comment on here," yet you have 13 posts; another wrong statement. YOU "daughtersakeeper" should know better than to cast aspersions and YOU should be ASHAMED. Don't bother commenting back because I will not participate with you. Once your post comes down, so will mine.

So the lesson for the students to learn is in W.H. its ok for adults to go out in public and yell at other adults when they are trying to do a job. Please let me know where you work (if you can even hold down a job) so I can go yell at you.

What parents forget is the soccer field is an extension of the classroom. What this parent forgot was what is the definition of "class."

S
bench
bench
S
The only lesson trying to be made here, Arrgy, is to and only to mydaughtersakeeper. However, I, in fact Arrgy, have held down the same job for over 26 years, I still have all my teeth, and I don't live in a trailor. I guess a comment like "(if you can even hold down a job)" must somehow support the fact that you are much more of an "adult;" very funny though, nice try. I guess that comment was suppose to question my intelligence, too bad. The bigger issue here is that you missed the point of my first post. I defended a group of people who were wrongfully accused of things they didn't do and attempted to correct several assumptions that were just wrong or lies; depending on your point of view. Her statements were not based on any evidence, only her opinion. What she said was just plainly wrong and was without merit. I was there, I heard and witnessed the exchange of words. Were you there? If not, then you really don't know. As I wrote in my first post, we all yell at referees from time to time, including Arrgy, Jimmy2469, me, mydaughtersakeeper, everybody!! Now, if you say you have never yelled at a referee in football, basketball, baseball or any sport; well, we all know what that makes you. The point I'm making is every one yells at referees even referees. If anyone witnessed the match then they could only come to one of two possible conclusions: (1) the referee was not very good; or (2) the referee was partial; which, by the way, either reason would make anyone yell. As I said before, no one is perfect, but mydaughtersakeeper was completely and totally wrong for writing what she did. My original post had nothing to do with you, me or my behavior because that was never an issue. Try to stay on point. So, let's make a new rule that from this point forward, no yelling at referees, at all!!, in any sport, period; not likely to happen though. Please go back and read my original post again and maybe you will be able to discern its message.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard