Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#164833 07/18/13 12:04 AM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
NSCAA 30 Under 30

Congrats to Troy Lesesne and Andrew Richardson for being selected to the NSCAAs inaugural 30 for 30 program!

World Cup
World Cup
Congratulations to former Brookland-Cayce High School and Congaree Rapid Soccer Association standouts, Troy Lesesne (2001) and Andrew Richardson (2007), for their inclusion by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America’s inaugural 30-Under-30 Program. Both players were under the direction of Coach Kevin Heise in both settings.

Launched earlier this summer, 30 Under 30 is a year-long education and mentorship opportunity for a select few up-and-comers who have made soccer coaching their career of choice. This program was created to support fledgling coaches and foster their growth at a crucial point in their vocation.

Lesesne became the first Bearcat soccer player to be inducted into the BCHS Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012 and is the school’s all-time leading scorer with 285 points (99 goals, 87 assists) as he was awarded the Gatorade State Player of the Year in his senior campaign. The West Columbia native earned All-America honors his senior season at the College of Charleston (2001-04). He later played professionally for the Charleston Battery and Wilmington Hammerheads before joining Coach Ralph Lundy’s staff at his alma mater.

Richardson was a three-year letterman in soccer for the Bearcats (2004-06) and played collegiately at USC-Sumter. He also earned two letters in football at BCHS. He is currently the varsity boys soccer coach at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School in Columbia and previously was an assistant coach under former B-C alum Will Eudy (1995) at Cardinal Newman. In addition to his coaching duties at HHES, Richardson serves as the Sports Information Director for Highlander athletics. He coaches club soccer with CRSA.

TROY LESESNE, College of Charleston Men’s Soccer Assistant Head Coach
Organization: College of Charleston Men's Soccer
Coaching Role: Assistant Coach
Playing Background: Played collegiate soccer at the College of Charleston from 2001-2004 and with the Charleston Battery from 2005-2006.
Quote: "Being a part of this program would be humbling and I would maximize the opportunity at every turn."

ANDREW RICHARDSON, Heathwood Hall & Congaree Rapid Soccer Association Boys Soccer Coach
Organization: Heathwood Hall Episcopal School
Coaching Role: Head Coach
Playing Background: Played club soccer growing up, high school soccer at Brookland-Cayce High School and collegiate soccer at USC-Sumter.
Quote: "As a player, I was always blessed enough to work with and play for coaches who shared their passion for the game with me...Without them, I wouldn't have grown to be the man I am, much less the player or coach, so each day I work to provide that same impact to players I interact with."

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard