Online Content
Coach
C
Quote:

socks can't have stripes!
what will be next?
solid color boots only?
fans must be dressed in school colors?
ball boys/girls must match ref uniforms?

What's next?

Any tape applied to socks to help secure shinguards must match the color of the sock. Black electrical tape on a blue sock, for example, is considered a "stripe" and is therefore illegal.

I'm not kidding.

I actually asked a NFHS representative if they had nothing better to do for the integrity of the game than legislate the color of tape used to hold up socks. He seemed somehow offended by the question.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Brace
Brace
S
Quote:

Quote:

socks can't have stripes!
what will be next?
solid color boots only?
fans must be dressed in school colors?
ball boys/girls must match ref uniforms?

What's next?

Any tape applied to socks to help secure shinguards must match the color of the sock. Black electrical tape on a blue sock, for example, is considered a "stripe" and is therefore illegal.

I'm not kidding.

I actually asked a NFHS representative if they had nothing better to do for the integrity of the game than legislate the color of tape used to hold up socks. He seemed somehow offended by the question.

This is the part that makes me laugh. How the tape somehow is such a big factor in uniforms. Because lord knows that wearing tape that doesn't match the sock is a detriment to the game

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Goal
Goal
In the rules the tape actually does have to match the sock color. Will it be enforced? Who knows, but it is a rule

eMnAvA #165857 03/08/14 04:43 PM
Goal
Goal
I have had a few officials say things about the table during our scrimmages so far this season.

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard