Next Thread
Print Thread
IH8KATZ Offline OP
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
2/24/14

Dreher, Lower Richland embroiled in dispute over basketball game

Allegations that Lower Richland basketball fans were treated disrespectfully by Dreher High School administrators has led to a huge dust-up between the two Richland 1 schools in an issue that could make its way to the school board Tuesday.

Sheriff Leon Lott on Monday said Lower Richland’s school-resource officer was the target of inappropriate comments by administrators, too – apparently stemming from where some Lower Richland students were seated during the game. Lott said his officer, Terrance Acox, provided information to Richland 1 superintendent Percy Mack as part of a look into events during the Feb. 8 game at Dreher.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
been a difficult year for basketball in SC this year

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I wonder how the SCHSL keeps basketball fans on opposite sides of the court in an arena? Seems contradictory to what Jerome says about soccer championships. Has anyone seen the new venue at River Bluff? Turf/grass, width, etc.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I wonder how the SCHSL keeps basketball fans on opposite sides of the court in an arena? Seems contradictory to what Jerome says about soccer championships. Has anyone seen the new venue at River Bluff? Turf/grass, width, etc.

Totally agree with your comment about basketball and Jerome Singeleton's insistence that fans have to sit on opposite sides for soccer. Talk about a contradiction!

Below is a picture of the River Bluff HS stadium. I don't know the exact width but I would estimate it's 64-66 yards in width. If you can see the black lines that run around the field, those are the soccer lines (wish they were yellow).

L
Goal
Goal
L
Kyle, is River Bluff an option to host the state championship games?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Kyle, is River Bluff an option to host the state championship games?

RBHS is the site of the 2014 SCHSL State Championships.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Totally agree with your comment about basketball and Jerome Singeleton's insistence that fans have to sit on opposite sides for soccer. Talk about a contradiction!

Below is a picture of the River Bluff HS stadium. I don't know the exact width but I would estimate it's 64-66 yards in width. If you can see the black lines that run around the field, those are the soccer lines (wish they were yellow).

<center>[image]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOQi4WhCIAEWMa5.jpg:large[/image]

[image]http://www.cockytalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10546&stc=1&d=1375158699[/image]</center>

Gotta love that illegally/improperly marked field

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard