Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
brace
brace
Not disagreeing, but do not forget that Region 4 top two team go to upper state as well. Likely Blythewood, and Irmo or Spring Valley. Over look these teams and you could be in trouble! Blythewood played a very scrappy/chippy game at the Viking Cup losing to FM 1-0 late (poor conditions and 2 man ref system made for an ugly game). They were the upper state runner up to JL Mann in a 2-1 game last year and can get there again this year. No way I take my eye off them!

Now why the upper gets both 1&2 from region 4 instead of 1&3 or 2&4 sounds to me like lower state gets more votes on the brackets!

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Not disagreeing, but do not forget that Region 4 top two team go to upper state as well. Likely Blythewood, and Irmo or Spring Valley. Over look these teams and you could be in trouble! Blythewood played a very scrappy/chippy game at the Viking Cup losing to FM 1-0 late (poor conditions and 2 man ref system made for an ugly game). They were the upper state runner up to JL Mann in a 2-1 game last year and can get there again this year. No way I take my eye off them!

Now why the upper gets both 1&2 from region 4 instead of 1&3 or 2&4 sounds to me like lower state gets more votes on the brackets!

I don't disagree with you. I just don't know much about Blythewood, Spring Valley or Irmo since I haven't seen them play this year.

That is interesting. Does it change from year to year and this is upperstate's year to have 1&2?

Last edited by MT4ME; 04/22/14 08:31 PM.
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Assuming no upsets between now and playoffs and none in the 1st round the 2nd round of the playoffs would look like this:

#1 Mann v
#2 Wade Hampton
winner gets

#1 Blythewood v
#2 Lancaster

#1 Fort Mill v
#2 Irmo
winner gets

#1 Dorman v
#2 TL Hanna

Mann and Fort Mill would be at home in the 3rd round
Fort Mill or Dorman would be at home for the Upper state

The Upper State would have:

#1 Mann
#3 Fort Mill
#4 Dorman
#5 Wade Hampton
#7 Blythewood
#10 Riverside <-- opens against Lancaster
#11 TL Hanna
#14 Hillcrest <-- opens against Blythewood
#15 Irmo

Lower gets
#2 Wando
#6 Dutch Fork
#8 Lexington
#9 Spring Valley region IV 3rd and 4th team play in the lower.
#12 South Aiken
#13 West Ashley

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Not to bad mouth the lower ranked teams, but I think it would be a shock if the state championship is anything other than Wando v Mann/Fort Mill.

Wando, Mann and Fort Mill have each allowed on 3 goals this year.

Blythewood has only allowed 6, but they'd have to beat Mann and Fort Mill in back to back road games.

Dorman, Wade Hampton, and Dutch Fork have had games where they allowed 3 goals.

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Not to bad mouth the lower ranked teams, but I think it would be a shock if the state championship is anything other than Wando v Mann/Fort Mill.

Wando, Mann and Fort Mill have each allowed on 3 goals this year.

Blythewood has only allowed 6, but they'd have to beat Mann and Fort Mill in back to back road games.

Dorman, Wade Hampton, and Dutch Fork have had games where they allowed 3 goals.

Actually Wade Hampton had one game where they allowed two goals and then lost in PKs. That was against Dorman. Take that game out and they gave allowed five goals in a region where most games are competitive. Having seen both of these teams play a couple of times this year, I like Wade Hampton's chances in the playoffs. I think they could cause problems with most defenses out there. Plus, their defense is strong. Can they beat Fort Mill or Mann? I don't know know. But, I do think it would be a close game with either team.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
I didn't know Wade Hampton and Dorman had tied and went into PKs.
So those teams look to be about even.

Outside of the first most playoff games tend to be close, but they also tend to be won by the higher seed. Again look at last years bracket the only #1 seed to lose before the 3rd round was Northwestern and they were 16-6 and lost to 15-4 Hanna.

You could probably take the end of the year records and plot out who will win every playoff game based on that and be right in almost every case.

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

I didn't know Wade Hampton and Dorman had tied and went into PKs.
So those teams look to be about even.

Outside of the first most playoff games tend to be close, but they also tend to be won by the higher seed. Again look at last years bracket the only #1 seed to lose before the 3rd round was Northwestern and they were 16-6 and lost to 15-4 Hanna.

You could probably take the end of the year records and plot out who will win every playoff game based on that and be right in almost every case.

You could be right. The two teams are pretty evenly matched, so it will be interesting to see the results of their final game. That may well settle which team will come out on top of the region. If Wade Hampton wins, they could end up tied with wins/losses. I have no idea of the region tiebreaker.

I
goal
goal
I
It's a toss up. The X factor is the Dorman field - larger than the usual football conversion.

brace
brace
I think your Region 3 pick of Lancaster as the #2 maybe off the mark. They have to play 4 games, 3 against teams they lost to (the other was a 2-1win at home)already and I believe all on the road. They could even lose them all and not make playoffs. Likely they will lose a couple and get passed by NaFo who will likely only lose 1 more, Clover and NWHS may pass them too depending on how the games break and the tie breakers may decide who gets in as 2,3,4 (may all have same record!) my guess is NaFo is #2 with Clover in the hunt because of home field games.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Poor Lancaster, last four games on the road. And three to teams they have lost to already and the 4th has to be close to a 2 hour drive by school bus.

What a horrible way to end what has been a good season for them up to this point.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard