Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bomber #166844 05/12/14 07:34 PM
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Poor Bomber. Where is your state title? The Mannitude was an automatic spelling correction that was not intended so don't get smart with me. AS far as Ramsdad, he still has produced no evidence. He only has someone like you who doesn't know any better. The only reason I got upset with Ramsdad is that what he was saying was not true so why spread the rumor. NOT one girl is there and suppose to be somewhere else.
Maybe they can win this year or not, but they will be better next year than this year. Remember, Mann just moved up to 4A. They are going to be top 1 or 2 for several years to come.

Bomber #166845 05/12/14 07:38 PM
brace
brace
One, two, or several not sure how many or which is true or that it even matters. Maybe the kids choose to go to a magnet school with better classes for them or maybe they choose to go for a better soccer team either way they choose and get to go (if they do, not saying I have any way of know that X number of players are magnet "recruits", or if it 0 "recruits"). What being a magnet school with open "boarders" does is bring this type of "question of unfairness" into play. Seems to make those at these school slightly sensitive to being questioned about whether or not they are getting an unfair advantage over other teams.

In very simple terms yes they are, if just one player who would be on another schools roster is there then they have an advantage. Not the fault of the player, or teammates just the system that lets it happen, and not unlike having a school playing in a division where 3/4 of the schools have less than half the population they have! Again not the fault of the big schools kids it is the fault of the system that lets it happen.

A few years back we had this go around about the fact that Riverside was winning championships at 3A when they were 4A sized and by their own choice stayed down at 3A when school were realigned. Did the girls on that team choose that? No, but they benefitted from a system that allowed it to happen. As I remember they got testy any time it was brought up on here, like it or not it was a fact they did not want to "talk" about. So I can guess/see that Mann would be like wise sensitive to the same type of talk in their case. If it is true they have "magnet" player well then that is unfair, sadly it is most unfair to the Mann girls who will have people question their teams accomplishments because of it. Through no fault of their own they are cast in a shadow of doubt.
Mann's record speaks for itself and they are no doubt a good team, from what I saw of them they play hard (and clean) soccer. I am sure most of them care little for what is said here so hopefully they enjoy their playoffs and I hope we get the chance to see them again.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Bomber, If someone stated that you were recruiting players for soccer, you would be upset too. "the magnitude". Wow that is pretty childest. Have you seen Mann play this year? A couple of post back someone said that the reason that Mann carries a large roster is because they recruit. I don't know about past years and feeling disrespected. Since we have been on the team, they have only lost 2 games, one to Hilton Head and one to Wando. Here is your quote"they have always felt they are better than they are." It is very hard to improve on that.

"But until they do, they have won and done nothing". That is a ridiculous statement.

Your automatic spell check must be about as smart as you are.

Please tell me what "childest" means?

Thank you.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Children!!! Behave!!!!

Gonna put you both in time out!!!

Seriously... can't we all get along? This is suppose to be a fun place to talk about soccer not a mud slinging contest.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Speaking to what Chief said...

The difference between a good girls team and a great team is usually only a couple of players.

I am guessing that most of the good teams in the state have starting 11's that could hang with a Mann or Wando for a half, but eventually the starters get tired and it's when teams get tired or start using subs that you see the drop off in talent and then the goals start happening.

Seen lots of games that are 1-0 or 2-0 at half turn into 6-0 in the second half as the weaker teams wears out.

Or think of it this way: take two starters of any regional winner and place them on the runner up. How many of those #2 teams would them become #1 teams?

Last edited by Pjay; 05/12/14 08:26 PM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Bomber and Chief: Just thought you might want to know that we went to Birmingham and have a new player coming in next year and Ms. Mattison will more than likely play next year after taking a recruiting year off. That will replace the couple of seniors that we are losing. Well got to go, off to Florida to find a new goalie since ours just committed to the University of Miami. Really glad that she has another year.
Both of you: Listen Up. Being a magnet school has not changed our line up one slot. Both of you are delusional on how players end up where: what about the people who follow their siblings, what about the people whose mom's teach at that school. It changes every year. Look at Hilcrest, they had Stephanie Devita, but they needed more.
IT IS WHAT IT IS said it best a few pages back. Mann has a good group of girls now, and it will rotate throughout the Upstate every few years. There is know recruiting involved.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Dude, I am just having some fun with you.

But really "There is KNOW recruiting involved".

Maybe we can get you in a couple of those Magnet spelling classes.

Come on now, "Mannitude" is a compliment.

brace
brace
Quote:

Bomber and Chief: Just thought you might want to know that we went to Birmingham and have a new player coming in next year and Ms. Mattison will more than likely play next year after taking a recruiting year off. That will replace the couple of seniors that we are losing. Well got to go, off to Florida to find a new goalie since ours just committed to the University of Miami. Really glad that she has another year.
Both of you: Listen Up. Being a magnet school has not changed our line up one slot. Both of you are delusional on how players end up where: what about the people who follow their siblings, what about the people whose mom's teach at that school. It changes every year. Look at Hilcrest, they had Stephanie Devita, but they needed more.
IT IS WHAT IT IS said it best a few pages back. Mann has a good group of girls now, and it will rotate throughout the Upstate every few years. There is know recruiting involved.

Perhaps your reading comprehension is as good as your grammar and spell checker are. I paid you a compliment and did you the service of saying it was unfair to blame the girls in any way and went to lengths to point out that the number of or even existence of these players is not the issue but rather the shame is that because of the situation the Mann players will have this suspect cloud over them and deny all you want it will be there because of the magnet situation, which by the way is totally proper by SCHSL rules. Win it all and people will say you used the magnet status, lose and people will say see you cant recruit a championship either way people will hate on for the situation so stop acting like the world is out to get you and accept it is the situation. Your case is not help by The Academic Magnet situation where they draw kids from a huge area, play in the AA level with a 4A class of players, it just puts the whole Magnet thing in a bad light.
As for who signed where wow bragging about your team is cool and all but really.... I will let you know which Medical and Law schools our players graduate from a few years from now, I KNOW you will want to hear about that
Take a breath and smile cause you Know thats funny

Last edited by The Chief; 05/13/14 02:44 AM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Chief. You'll never know who graduates. You would have to come out of that drunken star of mind that your in. If you think your post was funny, then that will probably be along time. Did you think that I was serious about the Miami thing. Why would someone from Miami look for a goalie all the way here in SC. By the way, I thought it was OK to pat our team on the back. Oh well, I have met your star that is going to LSU. Seemed to be a nice girl. I hope she has a good experience. Their coach watched us play the other day. Being a Furman grad, I'm surprised that he doesn't take more from the area. Really Chief, read your post again and think about it. It is not funny.

brace
brace
Quote:

Chief. You'll never know who graduates. You would have to come out of that drunken star of mind that your in. If you think your post was funny, then that will probably be along time. Did you think that I was serious about the Miami thing. Why would someone from Miami look for a goalie all the way here in SC. By the way, I thought it was OK to pat our team on the back. Oh well, I have met your star that is going to LSU. Seemed to be a nice girl. I hope she has a good experience. Their coach watched us play the other day. Being a Furman grad, I'm surprised that he doesn't take more from the area. Really Chief, read your post again and think about it. It is not funny.

Apparently Furman does not teach you to read your posts? "star" ??? Ok I get it the spell checker got you again
Why not Miami like you said a girl from SC (2 actually) got to LSU and a few year back one went all the way to KY and another to USNA (that's in MD by the way). Beside it is ok to brag on your team which was what I was joking about, and yes we have girls planning on Med and Law school. Sorry the "KNOW" thing is funny even if you say "NO"

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard