Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Brace
Brace
***Class AAAA Boys State Soccer Championship***
@River Bluff HS, Lexington SC

Wando 2-0 J.L. Mann
Halftime: W 2-0 M.
Goals: (W) Tucker Heffron - 5', Jackson Karolczyk - 34'.
Assists: (W) Christopher Corontzes.
Shots: W 11-7 M.
Saves: (W) Jon Milligan 4; (M) Denver Lennon 2.
Corner Kicks: W 3-6 M.
Fouls: W 11-12 M.
Offsides: W 1-0 M
Cautions: (M) Brenden Jones - 50'; (W) Nat Edwards - 72', John Merrihew - 77'.
Ejections: none.
Officials: David Erbacher, Rick Rogers, Stephen Dye, Nate Mitchell, John Funk, Barry Kemp.
Weather: 83 Degrees; Overcast.
Records: W (29-1-1); M (27-2).

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Combining 1A and 2a won't keep St Joe's from scoring 10 goals.

I think it would since they'd be playing Academic Magnet.

But that doesn't really solve the big problem which is the private school vs public school issue.

U
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
U
In the 2012 AAAA Final, JL Mann defeated Wando 2-1. However....the SCHSL Website, in its "Palmetto's Finest" Section, shows Wando as the Champion and Mann as Runner-Up:

Champion Coach Runner-up Coach

2010-11 Wando Shilo Tisdale Irmo Phil Savitz
2011-12 Wando Shilo Tisdale J L Mann William Hosea

http://www.schsl.org/2012/PFbso.pdf

Unless you were there, you may have used this as your reference in performing background for your broadcast.....so let's place the blame where it belongs.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

Combining 1A and 2a won't keep St Joe's from scoring 10 goals.

I think it would since they'd be playing Academic Magnet.

But that doesn't really solve the big problem which is the private school vs public school issue.

To put it in perspective...

According to the Scoreboard, on 3/29, this year's 1A state champion lost to this year's 4A state champion in sudden death PKs...1-1 regulation/OT, 6-5 kicks from the mark.

I've got good news and bad news...
A
Bench
Bench
A
I would just like to say that the atmosphere for yesterday's 3A final between Eastside and Brookland-Cayce was incredible. Congrats to the fans and the teams that played, they both played well and created a memorable experience for everybody who attended the game. It was nice to see great support for two great teams.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

In the 2012 AAAA Final, JL Mann defeated Wando 2-1. However....the SCHSL Website, in its "Palmetto's Finest" Section, shows Wando as the Champion and Mann as Runner-Up:

Champion Coach Runner-up Coach

2010-11 Wando Shilo Tisdale Irmo Phil Savitz
2011-12 Wando Shilo Tisdale J L Mann William Hosea

http://www.schsl.org/2012/PFbso.pdf

Unless you were there, you may have used this as your reference in performing background for your broadcast.....so let's place the blame where it belongs.

Their site has several mistakes - they listed last years Eastside coach as Scott Halkett when it was actually Nomar Rodriguez

U
bench
bench
U
Quote:

I would just like to say that the atmosphere for yesterday's 3A final between Eastside and Brookland-Cayce was incredible. Congrats to the fans and the teams that played, they both played well and created a memorable experience for everybody who attended the game. It was nice to see great support for two great teams.

I agree 100%! I went down to support Eastside and JL Mann and baked in the sun. The AAA Final was outstanding, that's what high school sports should embody! Talk about everyone leaving it on the field (I was gassed after that game). The AAAA game was over at halftime so I left but I was disappointed in the Patriots even though I know Wando is always very good.

Also, what a venue! Hats off to River Bluff High School! Someone told me it cost $330 million. Well, I would rather see our money support that type of "excellence" instead of what we have in Greenville County where our athletic facilities leave a lot to be desired to say the least.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
"The construction of River Bluff totaled $138.9 million, authorized by voters in 2008."

From Wiki

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

"The construction of River Bluff totaled $138.9 million, authorized by voters in 2008."

From Wiki

Don't rely on Wiki for info It wasn't approved by the voters it was approved by the School Board and the company that won the bid CCA (China Construction America, Inc,) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chinese Government. The original bid was for 75 million that quickly grew to almost double that amount. Another sad commentary on our State

Goal
Goal
I agree on the Atmosphere. My group of coaches and soccer fans always make a day of watching the Championship games. The 3A Boys Championship game was the best atmosphere of all 4 Saturday games. 2A wasn't bad either. 4A JV Mann fans did their best but with hardly anyone from Wando they couldn't do much. For it being "the biggest game of the season" it didn't really live up to the hype. Except for the 4A games 1st goal. The volley was sick!

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard