Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
The comments in the Girls Scores/Results thread about the J.L. Mann vs. Wade Hampton girls 4A Second Round match have been deleted from that thread.

Quote:

Pjay
goal kick

Reged: 05/09/13

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: LadyWarriors]
#169872 - 05/14/14 10:13 PM

Score board says Mann 4-2 over Wade Hampton.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
uwishucouldplay
throw in

Reged: 05/01/13

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: Pjay]
#169873 - 05/14/14 11:00 PM

Score was 4 - 0 and would have been worse and probably kept the shutout, but with 20 minutes left he pulled 7 of the starters. Wade Hampton was probably the worst coached team that we have seen. The Coach had 2 yellow cards thrown out and they stopped the game. While the ref was giving him the yellow card the parent of a Mexican girl #11
yelled from the stands to beat a Mann girl up. She threw her to the ground and started hitting her with her fist in the face. Wade Hampton players and parents started to jump in and both benches cleared. They have several good player, but their 2 forwards, one that started this fight, should be expelled from school. They are couisins. I think that there will be charges pressed against the girl and others.
AS for the game, Mann dominated. It only went to 4 -2 when the second string went in. They had only 1 shot on goal till Mann's coach pulled the first string. Mann also had an own goal on a corner.
As for the Coach, he should be fired from Wade Hampton.
As for the little Mexican man in the stands that told his daughter to start the fight, he will get what is coming to him. He is #11's father. She was not there last year because she got a red card for a similar incident the game before.
If Wade Hampton doesn't fire that coach, they are doing their school and the league a huge disservice.

ghs26
corner kick

Reged: 01/14/08
Loc: Gaffney High School
Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: uwishucouldplay]
#169874 - 05/14/14 11:16 PM

So if both benches cleared does that mean Mann had players get red cards?

Pjay
goal kick

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: uwishucouldplay]
#169875 - 05/14/14 11:18 PM

I hope we hear the other side of the story from Wade.

And somehow I doubt they are the worst coached team if they went 20-3

If I had to guess I would say that there was probably some good home town cooking going on by the refs. Saw it big time last year, wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

I guess we shall see if Wade has anything to say.

Ramsdad
throw in

Reged: 03/06/09

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: Pjay]
#169878 - 05/15/14 12:19 AM

This is what I saw as a neutral spectator just there to see what I thought might be a good game. I was only there for the second half of the game. The refs were ok I thought. Not really one sided just typical high school game. Not exactly sure what happened at the end of the game. Wade Hampton was called for a foul that looked like the correct call. A tackle from behind. Wade Hampton coach argued with ref. I was on the Mann side so I have no idea what was said but he was getting a yellow card . Then at the other end of the the wade Hampton bench a fight broke out. The Wade Hampton girl, I did not see what number, was on top and punching. I have no idea what started the fight. The girls could have had words I don't know. I did not hear anyone yelling "start a fight".Not saying it didn't happen, but I did not hear it.
If it was #11 for wade Hampton I guess she just lost her spot on the north south all star team. It would be a horrible way to end her career

Bomber
corner kick

Reged: 07/18/10

Did "Mannitude" cause the fight? [Re: Ramsdad]
#169880 - 05/15/14 05:42 AM

There had to have been some "mouthing" going on by the Mann players.

whatever
goal kick

Reged: 03/13/12

Re: Did "Mannitude" cause the fight? [Re: Bomber]
#169881 - 05/15/14 05:50 AM

Wow. Left with 3 min to go and the whole world goes to hell. Nope. Like I said in another post. Wade Hampton showed their ass. That's it. Refs were fine. They let them play. Lots of pushing and shoving but a good game. Over subbing by Mann in the last 10 min. Really stops flow of the game.

whatever
goal kick

Re: Did "Mannitude" cause the fight? [Re: whatever]
#169882 - 05/15/14 05:59 AM

And pjay. There was no home cooking. No game changing missed calls. The coach from wade Hampton got his first yellow arguing a throw in. That's it. A game changing throw in from mid field. That's basically how he game went. Parents yelling hand ball, over the back, she's pulling her shirt, call it both ways. Stop me if you haven't heard this every game.

whatever
goal kick

#169883 - 05/15/14 06:01 AM

You won't hear the wade Hampton side cause the rednecks don't have internet.

Bomber
corner kick

Yep, had to be the "Mannitude" [Re: whatever]
#169884 - 05/15/14 06:08 AM

Quote:
You won't hear the wade Hampton side cause the rednecks don't have internet.

Now that is some real "Mannitude".

AmoFutbol
bench

Reged: 03/28/14

#169885 - 05/15/14 06:22 AM

Wow! What type of a comment to post about such a bad situation?

whatever
goal kick

Re: Did "Mannitude" cause the fight? [Re: AmoFutbol]
#169886 - 05/15/14 06:23 AM

That's me

whatever
goal kick

#169887 - 05/15/14 06:25 AM

Sorry. Rednecks and soccer never go together. Oil and vinegar.

The Chief
brace

Reged: 04/04/09
Loc: Fort Mill
#169891 - 05/15/14 07:27 AM

Better hope those "rednecks" do not have cell phone video showing players leaving the bench during the "fight" or there will be some splaining to do!

OH and the the "Mexican" comment, nice very classy, guess on Telemundo they would be saying that "white" player started it, or BET might... well you get it, really no room for that, players are just players. Now calling some one a redneck thats OK in today's world

whatever
goal kick

Re: Did "Mannitude" cause the fight? [Re: The Chief]
#169892 - 05/15/14 07:49 AM

Last thing a redneck says before a fight. Hey y'all. Watch this.

Cajunkid
throw in

Reged: 01/06/11

Mann player suspensions? [Re: Chantman]
#169894 - 05/15/14 08:13 AM

How many Mann players will be suspended for the next match for leaving the bench and participating in the fight?

I believe this is a mandatory rule in the SC High School League.

The Chief
brace

#169895 - 05/15/14 08:13 AM

And here I thought it was "Hold my Beer"!

whatever
goal kick

Re: Did "Mannitude" cause the fight? [Re: The Chief]
#169897 - 05/15/14 08:26 AM

Quote:
And here I thought it was "Hold my Beer"!

That works better.

The Chief
brace

#169898 - 05/15/14 08:29 AM

Says here they had to stop the game, called it early. Looks good for HS soccer. Can hear the soccer Goon comments now from the Football parents!

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sp...nerals/9112819/

whatever
goal kick

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: Cajunkid]
#169899 - 05/15/14 08:32 AM

Quote:
How many Mann players will be suspended for the next match for leaving the bench and participating in the fight?

Doubt it was a bench clearing brawl. Stupid rule. Don't know a single team who would stand on sideline whole their player is being pounded. So I'll go to the fort mill game and tell dorman to start a fight if they are losing. Obviously punish anyone who threw a punch. Except for the senior who started it and played her last game

Pjay
goal kick

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: whatever]
#169900 - 05/15/14 09:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Doubt it was a bench clearing brawl. Stupid rule. Don't know a single team who would stand on sideline whole their player is being pounded. So I'll go to the fort mill game and tell dorman to start a fight if they are losing. Obviously punish anyone who threw a punch. Except for the senior who started it and played her last game

I think you miss the point.

1. This is still high school and students are expected to behave in a certain manner.
2. Coming off the bench is a suspension. You see the rule in professional and college sports too. Players on the field are treated differently than players sitting on the bench. If there is a fight players on the bench are expected to STAY on the bench.

Now since you guys claim all the starters were pulled by this point and IF they came off the bench they should be suspended by rule. This should be interesting especially since this is so public. Would be a horrible way to end a season.

And ask yourself this: if a player got a red card at the end of a game would you accept someone saying "well this is the play offs and we aren't going to make them sit a game?"

As for Dorman starting a fight, as long as no one comes off the bench no one gets suspended. Doesn't sound like the refs gave out any red cards for the fight and if they didn't see why it started they probably wouldn't throw any out. Saw a girl haul off a smack another girl while the ref had his back turned and he heard it but did nothing about it since he didn't see it. So it happens.

wideeyedwonderer
bench

Reged: 04/22/10

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: Pjay]
#169901 - 05/15/14 09:11 AM

If it's on film, there will be ramifications. The SCHSL doesn't play on this matter. I heard a player recently got a four-game suspension for saying "FU" to the official. Also, the suspensions carry over to the following season and if seniors can affect if they're eligible to play in an all-star game.

The Chief
brace

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: wideeyedwonderer]
#169902 - 05/15/14 09:23 AM

Thus my comment, they better hope those rednecks you are insulting do not have cell phone video because they show that to SCHSL and there will be questions to answer for anyone who left bench area (for both teams!), no matter what the situation.

Pjay
goal kick

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: The Chief]
#169903 - 05/15/14 09:48 AM

FYI
http://www.schsl.org/2013Forms/Constitution13-14.pdf
Page A-32

2. Any athlete who leaves the bench area to become involved in a fracas will be disqualified from that game and will be subject to a minimum of a next game suspension depending on his or her involvement. A school whose athletes violate this bench policy will be subject to League discipline.

MT4ME
goal kick

Reged: 05/26/11

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: wideeyedwonderer]
#169904 - 05/15/14 09:59 AM

I am just wondering how this becomes about Mann. It was a Mann player that was on the ground getting punched right in front of the Wade Hampton bench. The Mann coach maintained control, and his players didn't leave the bench, which was on the other side of the field. If any player left the bench it was more likely Wade Hampton player, but it all happened so fast I have no idea if they did.

This started with a foul on a Mann player and escalated with the reactions from the Wade Hampton coach and fans. It happened on the Wade Hampton side of the field, and most from Mann really had no idea what was happening. There is no excuse for what the WH player did, and if she was encouraged to do it, shame on those fans. Now could the Mann player who was fouled have said or done something? Maybe she did. But, does that warrant being jumped on and punched. I don't think so.

I am not a Mann parent, but from what I saw, it was a pretty clean game until the end. Mann controlled much of it, but Wade Hampton fought hard, and I remember thinking it was impressive that they didn't give up. Their fans were vocal, and it was probably hard to play on their side. I would think some of the Wade Hampton players and parents are not happy with what a few did.

Some have tried to turn this into what Mann did. From what I saw the Mann coach, players and fans showed restraint, not the other way around. It could have gotten uglier, but it didn't because of the way Mann handled it. If there are any disciplinary actions, and there should be, it will be against Wade Hampton. I know that doesn't fit the anti-Mann narrative, but that's the reality of what went down last night.

uwishucouldplay
throw in

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: ghs26]
#169905 - 05/15/14 10:00 AM

No players ever left the Mann bench. It all happened right in front of the Wade Hampton bench. The girl that threw all the pouches was an active player on the field. Number 11 and her father told her to do it. She grabbed the Mann player , slung her down and into the aluminum bench, jumped on top of her, and started whaling on her face. She was also the littlest girl on Mann's team. I'm sure that there was smack talking going on from both sides, but Wade Hampton was only in the game for the first 15 or 20 minutes. I'm sure they were frustrated. But I have never seen a coach get 2 yellow cards and I have never seen a parent tell his kid to attack another player and her do it. The girl she attacked had only been in the game for 3 minutes. Mann did nothing but dominate the game and Wade Hampton were upset. 2 years in a row that Mann has put them out.

Pjay
goal kick

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: MT4ME]
#169906 - 05/15/14 10:05 AM

If Mann players didn't leave the bench then they are fine.

If they did then "oh-oh"

uwishucouldplay
throw in

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: MT4ME]
#169907 - 05/15/14 10:06 AM

That is exactly how it happened. Mann's bench, coach and fans had no idea what was happening. All we could see was that the Wade Hampton Coach was getting another yellow card. Then the parent starting hanging over the rail and telling his kid to fight and she did. It is on film. There was several people recording the whole game. I have never seen anything like it.
This is not about Mann. So don't even go there.

Pjay
goal kick

#169909 - 05/15/14 10:12 AM

Quote:
No players ever left the Mann bench. It all happened right in front of the Wade Hampton bench. The girl that threw all the pouches was an active player on the field. Number 11 and her father told her to do it. She grabbed the Mann player , slung her down and into the aluminum bench, jumped on top of her, and started whaling on her face. She was also the littlest girl on Mann's team. I'm sure that there was smack talking going on from both sides, but Wade Hampton was only in the game for the first 15 or 20 minutes. I'm sure they were frustrated. But I have never seen a coach get 2 yellow cards and I have never seen a parent tell his kid to attack another player and her do it. The girl she attacked had only been in the game for 3 minutes. Mann did nothing but dominate the game and Wade Hampton were upset. 2 years in a row that Mann has put them out.

Last night you told us "both benches cleared."

Now you change your story??

uwishucouldplay
throw in

#169910 - 05/15/14 10:13 AM

No Mann players left the bench or threw a pouch. All they did, the players that were on the field pulled Wade Hampton players off of the girl she had on the ground. The refs were busy trying to get the coach to leave, from what I could see.

uwishucouldplay
throw in

#169911 - 05/15/14 10:18 AM

Well, they didn't. Last night was emotional. We also had to make sure that the Mann players got to their cars OK. Why don't you worry about your own team?

Pjay
goal kick

Re: Mann player suspensions? [Re: uwishucouldplay]
#169912 - 05/15/14 10:19 AM

So what you said last night was wrong?? An exaggeration??

How much else have you said was wrong or an exaggeration???

The way you change your mind after every post makes me not want to believe anything you say at this point.

Chantman
goal

Reged: 02/06/07

#169914 - 05/15/14 10:27 AM

Quote:
So what you said last night was wrong?? An exaggeration??

How much else have you said was wrong or an exaggeration???

The way you change your mind after every post makes me not want to believe anything you say at this point.

BUSTED!

soccerislife23
bench

Reged: 05/14/14

#169915 - 05/15/14 10:27 AM

I am a neutral fan that was sitting in the Wade Hampton section and here is what I saw. First off, for uwishucouldplay thinking that the coach should be fired is laughable. He received two yellow cards for simply questioning the officials call. He used no bad language and has been the coach there for a very long time and announced he would be stepping down at the beginning of the season. Also, to clarify it was number 10 that was in the altercation. Number 11 had nothing to do with the fight at all. Now from what I saw it here is how it happened. Number 12 from Mann was taken down by a slide tackle from behind near the end of the game that was a foul but wasn't malicious at all. After she got up she bumped/elbowed another player from wade hampton but nothing came of it(which is where the wh coach started arguing and received his 2nd yellow). When 12 was marked up against number 10 some words were exchanged which I couldn't hear and the fight broke lose. From what I could see number 10 and 12 were the only ones directly involved in the fight. However, the fight happened right behind wh bench so the wh players were right there but technically never left and neither did mann. Mann did have some players attempting to get in the fight but were restrained. As far as them being classy, Mann was pointing and jeering as they walked off and were waving goodbye to the players as they left. So while Mann initiated the fight, wh took action. As far as the game goes Mann is one of the best teams Ive seen play this entire year by far and Wh should be praised for scoring 2 goals, regardless of who was in the game against a team that has given up 4 goals during the regular season.

MT4ME
goal kick

#169916 - 05/15/14 10:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Last night you told us "both benches cleared."
Now you change your story??

By cleared the bench, I would think what was meant was the Mann players stood up to see what was happening. None of them ran across the field to get involved in the incident. The Mann coach kept the situation under control. The same can't be said from the Wade Hampton coach.

Pjay, you weren't there., and if both Fort Mill and Mann make it to next Monday, I am pretty sure you will be facing their entire team.

soccerislife23
bench

#169919 - 05/15/14 10:50 AM

Quote:
Well, they didn't. Last night was emotional. We also had to make sure that the Mann players got to their cars OK. Why don't you worry about your own team?

Making sure they got back to their cars safely? You make it sound like WH was about to fight them again. WH bus was back behind the bleachers I was sitting on which is not even remotely near to where the Mann girls would be. You seem to be exaggerating your stories a lot more than you need to.

Pjay
goal kick

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: MT4ME]
#169920 - 05/15/14 10:54 AM

If they make it to Fort Mill they would have the whole team anyway cause it would be a one game suspension.

I am sure Irmo would enjoy having half your team suspended. But it sounds like that won't be an issue.

And let's be honest: while having half of Mann be suspended and the team losing due to that would be good for the other teams chances I don't think anyone really wants to see a 22-0 team lose a game due to a fight at the end of a game. IF Mann losses let's hope it is in a fair game with their entire team playing.

Anyway... sounds like we can end all this drama and move onto the next round.

The Chief
brace

#169921 - 05/15/14 11:13 AM

Quote:
While the ref was giving him the yellow card the parent of a Mexican girl #11 yelled from the stands to beat a Mann girl up. She threw her to the ground and started hitting her with her fist in the face. Wade Hampton players and parents started to jump in and both benches cleared.

Your words say "both benches cleared", in sports that normally means everyone left the area of the bench to get "involved" in the fight, mostly to break it up from most fights I have see (well Yankees and Redsox all run out to fight no matter what... but other than that).

Do not blame eveyone else for thinking it was a brawl when you reported it as bench clearing, it is a valid conclusion based on your words. Now based on what others have said it seems it was much less than initially reported so once the fires die down, and videos are reviewed things should work out fine those not involved, or not involed actually.

I have seen Mann (both last year and this) in the past and they play no more physical or dirty than anyone else. They throw elbows, pull jerseys ect.., like everyone else even WH I would bet(probably even players on the team I pull for ).

Problem here seems to be loss of control by Refs, & coach which I have seen many times in playoff games, refs want to "let them play" but in doing so thing often get out of hand, and fans yelling for it never helps. ASk your self how many playoff games have you been at and not heard the fans from both sides jeering the players, refs, and most often of all at each other? You BOO so they Cheer and vice versa. Before anyone gets on the anti-Ref I am not blaming the ref as this has to be about the hardest thing they have to do and some are "good" at it and some are not.

Perhaps the leauge should require video of all playoff games, ensuring the teams know it, and use the video to enforce discipline for flagrent violations, like punchs or non-play involved elbows, shoves (never want to get into taking ref judgement away for play involved stuff).

uwishucouldplay
throw in

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: soccerislife23]
#169926 - 05/15/14 12:17 PM

That is where you are wrong. There were Wade Hampton girls and students on the Mann side inside the fence. I talked to 2 of them. It is not the players that you worry about, it is the students in the parking lot.

soccerislife23
bench

#169928 - 05/15/14 12:49 PM

Quote:
That is where you are wrong. There were Wade Hampton girls and students on the Mann side inside the fence. I talked to 2 of them. It is not the players that you worry about, it is the students in the parking lot.

I know at least two players for WH play on the cesa premier team and were probably just waiting to talk to their teammates since they didn't get to shake hands after the game. As for safety, no students seemed like they were angry or wanted to fight. If you think that a bunch of male students would attack a high school girls team then that is a shame

MT4ME
goal kick

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: soccerislife23]
#169931 - 05/15/14 01:16 PM

I would think most girls from both sides would have wanted to shake hands with one another. But, the game was called abruptly, and it was probably a good thing both teams were separated at that point. There was no need to chance adding fuel to the situation.i don't believe it was meant as a slight. Rather, it was an effort to make sure nothing continued.

soccerislife23
bench

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: MT4ME]
#169932 - 05/15/14 01:21 PM

completely agree with you. Just responding to the post earlier.

soccer62
bench

Reged: 03/29/14

#169933 - 05/15/14 01:23 PM

About all I can add to this is I am so glad that my daughters' team is not talked about in this manner on here. We are still alive at this point and just hope that we are still around next Friday. I just hope someone will have something good to say about how our girls played this year. Not even going to mention our division or location in the state, but praying we beat the odds and are talked about in a positive light on this board come May 24th!

uwishucouldplay
throw in

#169934 - 05/15/14 01:30 PM

You just never know do you? I have never seen a coach get 2 yellow cards or have I seen another girl on top of another beating the crap out of her right in front of your eyes and your bench. But it happen didn't it. Looks like you are coached a little different than we are so yes I am worried about our teams safety. Why do you think the principal and AD was over on your side? They weren't congratulating you on a good game.

soccerislife23
bench

#169936 - 05/15/14 01:34 PM

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Karl Casida the guys coach but wasn't allowed to actually be the head coach because of too many altercations with the referees? If you have never seen another coach get two yellows or a red then you have not watched that much soccer. Also, as far as I could see from the stands it was number 12 for mann who initiated the fight by elbowing a wade hampton player for no reason.

ForTheLoveOfTheGame
bench

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: The Chief]
#169943 - 05/15/14 02:42 PM

Quote:
Your words say "both benches cleared", in sports that normally means everyone left the area of the bench to get "involved" in the fight, mostly to break it up from most fights I have see (well Yankees and Redsox all run out to fight no matter what... but other than that).

Love the Red Sox/Yankees reference as it is so true as it relates to bench-clearing. That is not what happened last evening at the Mann/Wade Hampton game. It was in no way a bench-clearing brawl. Not even close.

At the conclusion of the match, there were a few incidents right in front of the WH bench area. Who said what or who did what to provoke the incidents is most certainly up for debate as I am sure there will be many differing stories. I’ve already heard different stories of what was said and done. Let’s be clear though, the incidents among players only involved players that were on the field and only one was a physical altercation. A WH player did appear to repeatedly punch a Mann player. The other events between players on the field were verbal with most players and officials trying to separate the teams. There were other verbal altercations involving the WH coach, WH parents, and the referees. Cards were shown to only the WH coach as far as I know. It also appeared as if WH parents entered the playing field from the bleachers.

From everything that I could see I must commend the WH players on the bench as they appeared to remain seated in spite of the crazy events going on around them. Similarly, the Mann players and coach remained on their side of the field with several adults urging them to stay put. Only after the referee indicated that the game was over did it appear that the Mann school officials (Principal and AD) and the coach crossed the field to help diffuse the situation and bring the field players back to the Mann bench area.

Personally, I really do not think that any suspensions are warranted other than perhaps the WH player that threw punches, which would be for any all-star events since she is a senior. The acts of a few frustrated individuals overshadowed what was a good game by both sides.

On another topic, I totally agree with your assessment that these situations are the result of a loss of control by the referees. You are also correct that some handle control better than others. And even though the crew last evening called a fairly good and even match, they simply did not handle the latter moments well in failing to realize what was developing. Things started getting a little chippy with about 15 minutes left. The crew could have shut this down quickly with a yellow card or two. For example, there was a play where the Mann keeper kept the ball at her feet for a prolonged period before picking it up when finally challenged. On the ensuing punt, the WH player shadowed the keeper to the 18 and jumped in front of the keeper raising her arms to try and block the punt…should have been a yellow. Understand the frustration of the WH player during this sequence, but the referee cannot allow frustration over a legal play to result in an illegal play that goes undisciplined. That was about the point things started to go further downhill in terms of physical play. Further, the game was extended much too long. The altercations started late in the 44th minute of the second half. There was one significant injury in the half but the clock was immediately stopped until the restart. Other stoppages were equivalent to the first half where only 1 minute was added. At most, there should have been three minutes of added time with two minutes probably being more appropriate, principally due to the Mann substitution patterns. Had the game been stopped more timely, there would have been no altercations.

At the end of the day, let’s not get hung up on the final ugly moments of a good game caused by a very few frustrated individuals.

soccerislife23
bench

Re: Post Girls Playoff (May 12-23) scores and results in this thread ... [Re: ForTheLoveOfTheGame]
#169944 - 05/15/14 02:52 PM

Fortheloveofthegame: Couldn't have said it any better myself. Great environment until the last couple of minutes which should've been handled better than the referee. I also heard in the stands that it was number 10's brothers who jumped the fence in an attempt to restrain her. All in all it was an enjoyable match with several nice goals.

Bomber
corner kick

CYA'ing is going on. [Re: soccerislife23]
#169946 - 05/15/14 03:40 PM

Sounds like both Mann and WHHS are trying to CYA.

I have been told by two individuals there, one a Mann dad and one non- biased, that both benches did clear and come on to the field.

Now nothing really occurred beyond that, but pretty interesting how the stories start getting changed, especially from uwishucouldplay.

mette6
bench

Reged: 05/14/09

Re: CYA'ing is going on. [Re: Bomber]
#169949 - 05/15/14 04:33 PM

The Mann game was a great game played by 2 skilled teams. The referees did a fine job of letting the girls decide the game on the field and not getting to involved. The only trouble in the game happened in the last minute of the game beginning with the wade fans cheering when a Mann girl was on the ground hurt. (And yes, I am impartial and was at the end of the field.. Not even in the stands since my team is already out.)This then lead to the bump of the wade player from the injured and frustrated Mann player who was getting up which got the wade coach upset and ultimately thrown out. However, the wade coach refused to leave the field and a fan jumped the fence and entered the field and appeared to Also be threatening the referee. While the referee was still trying to get the coach to leave, the wade player jumped the Mann player and started throwing punches. Unfortunately, All this discussion was because of one irresponsible coach and one senior player who got frustrated. The referees nor the wade teammates can not be blamed for or expected to predict one player snapping. tThe Mann players, nor the rest of the wade players did anything to make the matter worse and should be commended for their restraint. Just my two cents.

The Chief
brace

Re: CYA'ing is going on. [Re: mette6]
#169950 - 05/15/14 04:50 PM

Where is the video? Somewhere out there is the truth, so far all we have is the truth as differrent sides see it, nothing wrong with that but the "real" truth will be somewhere in the stories and the video that you KNOW someone must have! Beside in today's ETV world someone with this video could become famous on cable news

uwishucouldplay
throw in

Re: CYA'ing is going on. [Re: The Chief]
#169953 - 05/15/14 07:16 PM

Quote:
Where is the video? Somewhere out there is the truth, so far all we have is the truth as differrent sides see it, nothing wrong with that but the "real" truth will be somewhere in the stories and the video that you KNOW someone must have! Beside in today's ETV world someone with this video could become famous on cable news

Sorry Fort Mill The video exist and it shows exactly what the lady said 1 post up.

The Chief
brace

Re: CYA'ing is going on. [Re: uwishucouldplay]
#169955 - 05/15/14 08:06 PM

Oh well now, since you say so it must be total truth since you have never lied or done anything erratic on here! Glad to hear all is well now and on your word alone all things should be settled. Now post it up and show the world how wise and insightful you are

Also I would guess since you said: "As for the little Mexican man in the stands that told his daughter to start the fight, he will get what is coming to him. He is #11's father.", he should now be afraid that you have the goods on him and he will soon be "dealt" with

Real question is does it say what you said "benches cleared" or does it show you to be a "slight" drama ... aw never mind this is to easy

arrgy
throw in

Reged: 03/28/12

#169962 - 05/15/14 08:55 PM

Scores of problems with SC HS Soccer.

First...why teams are on opposite sides of the field baffles me. Same teams on same sides with ALL the parents on the opposite side of the field solves most problems involving fans. You put a cop on that side of the field with the benches and you never have problems.

Second...the clock. There should be no injury time in HS Soccer. NFHS makes it clear that if there is a stadium clock it goes down to zero you can only stop the clock, this is supposed to eliminate confusion. Once the clock hits zero, the authority to card anyone is over and the referees are instructed not to wait around but leave the field as quickly as possible. Anything that happens is now the responsibility of the home school.

Third...the coach. If the coach receives his second caution and refuses to leave the field, the game is terminated, not ended, but terminated. The referees walk away from the match and file their report. There is no "trying to get the coach to leave" conversation. You tell him once to leave and if he doesn't the game is terminated. If the coach is a teacher the south Carolina department of education needs to look into any misconduct that could get his license suspended, a game is like being on a field trip it is an extension of the classroom. You would certainly fire a teacher for yelling at adults in a school setting.

Fourth...The fan jumping the fence, he should have been put in the handcuffs for trespassing. You can't just barge into a school and do whatever you please, same thing with a soccer field.

Fifth...cards do not shut down players. They are not tools to calm down players, that is the job of the coaches. If a HS player is not mature enough to handle a soccer game they should not be out there. If they are a senior and they are going to player soccer at a college, I am sure that college coach would want to know that a player they just recruited beat the crap out of another player. Because that is something college coaches will not tolerate. I have seen club players on their way to Division I schools loose their scholarships to college because of stupid things they do in club games.

uwishucouldplay
throw in

#169966 - 05/15/14 09:21 PM

Quote:
Oh well now, since you say so it must be total truth since you have never lied or done anything erratic on here! Glad to hear all is well now and on your word alone all things should be settled. Now post it up and show the world how wise and insightful you are

Also I would guess since you said: "As for the little Mexican man in the stands that told his daughter to start the fight, he will get what is coming to him. He is #11's father.", he should now be afraid that you have the goods on him and he will soon be "dealt" with

Real question is does it say what you said "benches cleared" or does it show you to be a "slight" drama ... aw never mind this is to easy

Chief: Are you that little old man that stands in the corner because he can't find the front gate? I think that I have you and the Mexican on film. AS far as you ever seeing it, never happen. You are not very important when it comes to high school soccer. Your time has come and gone.

Passingthetime
goal kick

Reged: 03/21/13

#169969 - 05/15/14 09:49 PM

[censored] girl. Now I feel old

The Chief
brace

#169973 - 05/15/14 10:17 PM

Of course I'll never see it if you have it and it shows what you said was true because that would be bad! OOPS I KNOW you got caught up in the moment! I am so deeply hurt by your comments... To have a paragon of soccer posting such as yourself call me out, well oh so devastating. I guess it is good that high school soccer still has you to show they way. Maybe they can do a medley of your posts to show all others how it should be done

Pjay
goal kick

Wait a second Mann fans.... [Re: The Chief]
#169976 - 05/15/14 10:50 PM

Wait a second....

According to this
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sp...nerals/9112819/

It took Mann a whole 30 minutes to get a goal. How is that possible???

Bomber
corner kick

Profile of uwishucouldplay [Re: Pjay]
#169981 - 05/16/14 05:09 AM

After viewing the delightful comments of uwishucouldplay, here is what I imagine this lady to be like-

Obviously there is bitterness in her life. She must be divorced, her husband tired of putting up with her non- stop mouth.

She used to look OK, but now, she has added some pounds, thus adds to her misery.

She feels everyone is "out to get her", thus she fabricates events, embellishes the truth, as we have read in her posts.

I only hope her children are not suffering a miserable life as she is.

Cav
throw in

Reged: 12/14/11

Re: Profile of uwishucouldplay [Re: Bomber]
#169984 - 05/16/14 07:40 AM

Bomber, that was out of line. I hope your comments get removed.

--------------------
Score is Silver, Art is Gold!

whatever
goal kick

Re: Profile of uwishucouldplay [Re: Cav]
#169986 - 05/16/14 07:47 AM

OK. Its me.I have added a few pounds. Everybody is out to get me. My children are miserable and divorce is on the horizon. Pretty much nailed it. But at least I have this blog.Besides-most stories are boring without a little fabricating.(I also have several videos I can show you but not of soccer)

whatever
goal kick

Re: Profile of uwishucouldplay [Re: whatever]
#169988 - 05/16/14 07:50 AM

Not really. I weigh the same as high school

upstatesoccermom
throw in

Reged: 01/08/10

Re: Profile of uwishucouldplay [Re: whatever]
#169989 - 05/16/14 08:08 AM

What an embarrassing thread.

whatever
goal kick

Re: Profile of uwishucouldplay [Re: upstatesoccermom]
#169990 - 05/16/14 08:22 AM

Hang in there. Just another week.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Should have just left them gone!

Too much personal stuff and not enough talking about the game.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Question!

Does anyone know FACTUALLY if there is some kind of investigation into this incident and how long it would take and when we would know the results??

Fact not opinions please. Thanks.

S
bench
bench
S
I know that there is in fact video evidence but whether or not the right people have looked into it or not is unknown. I would assume it would need to happen fast seeing as Mann is playing tonight.

brace
brace
Quote:

I know that there is in fact video evidence but whether or not the right people have looked into it or not is unknown. I would assume it would need to happen fast seeing as Mann is playing tonight.

Form the basket ball brawl this spring:
"Boiling Springs sat-out 10 players Monday night in its game against Riverside in order to avoid having to later forfeit the game.

Skip Lax, who handles ejections for the SCHSL, met with officials from both schools Monday morning at the SCHSL offices in Columbia. Lax tells 7 On Your Side they reviewed each team's game film and he also received reports from the game officials on the incident as well as getting each school's side of the story.

Gaffney head coach and athletic director Mark Huff says the video attached to this story was also viewed in the meeting.

Each team's bench cleared Friday when a shoving incident on the floor triggered a melee. By rule, players leaving the bench were not only ejected from the game but are likely subject to a minimum one-game suspension.

Review of the game video will also likely lead to additional suspensions."

Time is important but league can come back later and take games away or suspend players at a later date, how likely who knows?

Link Copied to Clipboard